Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Tough to the Coir!

Robot's Statement...Coir Fiber is resistant to Sea Water.

Irrelevant.

"The coir fibre is relatively waterproof, and is one of the few natural fibres resistant to damage by saltwater."

It was no accident that Coir Fiber was used by the Depositors within their Shaft, Tunnels and Water Proof Seals as it does not break down when in contact with Sea Water!

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I don't know, I'm not an expert either!

So you haven't actually checked on how they arrived at their conclusion? Not even a little bit?

It was no accident that Coir Fiber was used by the Depositors within their Shaft, Tunnels and Water Proof Seals as it does not break down when in contact with Sea Water!

And still irrelevant, as other portions of that hypothesis don't seem to work.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
To Wish...Upon...A Star!

This January 15th, 2019, The Curse of Oak Island Season 6, Episode 9 “As Above, So Below”. will air.

It appears they will be looking into a link between the constellations and the possible location of the Money Pit.

The Lagina Brothers having possibly read my Posts on this Forum, may have gone out to see for themselves!

It was rumored… that during the last Fall’s Equinox, Rick and Marty Lagina decided to camp overnight at the Polaris Stone, to view the overhead Constellations.

At 12 Midnight, Rick excited that all the Constellations were now aligned according to the Depositor’s Celestial Map, calls out for Marty to wake up.

Rick turns to Marty… Can you see West?

To the Constellation Cygnus and how each Star points precisely down to the Stones making up Nolan’s Cross and the Star 1 Cyg, which could shine down to the location for the Tomb of Sir Francis Bacon.

Rick asks Marty… Can you see South?

For the Constellation Ursa Minor containing the Star Pherkad, whose Terrestrial Marker Stone, may once have marked the location of the Money Pit Shaft.

Rick then motions to Marty… Can you see North?

Finding the Constellation Cassiopeia and the Heart Star… Gamma Cassiopeia… pointing down to the Treasure Vault.

Marty asks… Where is that again?

Rick…Points out, it’s just above those incoming rain clouds.

Marty…What I see…Is we forgot our…Tent!

Freemason's Celestial Map March 2018.jpg

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Treasure Vault is under "Kingdom" but the entrance was at the "Money Pit" A hole can be drilled about 150 feet to the Treasure Vault under "Kingdom"

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
And still irrelevant, as other portions of that hypothesis don't seem to work.

Since When and by Whom?...Does an "Untested Hypothesis" get deemed...To Work or not to Work?

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So you haven't actually checked on how they arrived at their conclusion? Not even a little bit?

So you think I should? But, to answer your question, I did read about how they came to their conclusions. They are qualified in their fields and I have read the whole report. Their conclusions made sense and I myself am certainly not qualified to disagree. If you wish I will post the link to the report although I have posted that link a couple of years ago for you (my time flies doesn't it?).

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
So you think I should? But, to answer your question, I did read about how they came to their conclusions. They are qualified in their fields and I have read the whole report. Their conclusions made sense and I myself am certainly not qualified to disagree. If you wish I will post the link to the report although I have posted that link a couple of years ago for you (my time flies doesn't it?).

I seem to recall you posting that some time back and we discussed it a bit, but I don't remember how it ended up.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I seem to recall you posting that some time back and we discussed it a bit, but I don't remember how it ended up.

It ended up that you thought coconuts could have been carried across Panama into the Atlantic Basin by somebody before 1500.

What I am doing now is keeping the question open while hoping that someone with the resources available (not necessarily money) will take the proper steps to have the correct material DNA tested to properly identify it as "coconut fibre". I had a chance once many years ago and passed mistakenly thinking the question had been fully answered.

Cheers, Loki

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
It ended up that you thought coconuts could have been carried across Panama into the Atlantic Basin by somebody before 1500.

I still think that this is possible. It's not my position that this is what happened, but I like to keep my options open.

What I am doing now is keeping the question open while hoping that someone with the resources available (not necessarily money) will take the proper steps to have the correct material DNA tested to properly identify it as "coconut fibre". I had a chance once many years ago and passed mistakenly thinking the question had been fully answered.

Concur. It's not a matter of money though, and the people with the resources (both location and money) are more interested in making a successful television show about an unsuccessful treasure hunt.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Smith’s cove is not the only place where there are box drains, the coffer dam will not work
Next weeks spoiler alert, most likely another box drain connecting smith’s cove to the swamp....just like I stated weeks ago.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Could the so called "90 foot Stone " the guys found actually be a replica ? Attached is a short article which has an eye witnesses state that the initials JM had been carved into the stone. Just food for thought:

https://ciphermysteries.com/2017/03/19/oak-island-ciphers-part-1-80-foot-rock-cipher

From article:
THE OAK ISLAND CIPHERS (PART 1): THE 80-FOOT ROCK CIPHER…
by nickpelling March 19, 2017

Yet… the 19th August 1911 edition of Collier’s Magazine contains an eyewitness account supplied by Captain H.L. Bowdoin that departs somewhat from the dominant narrative. He wrote:

“While in Halifax we examined the stone found in the Money Pit, the characters on which were supposed to mean: “Ten feet below two million pounds lie buried.” The rock is of a basalt type hard and fine-grained.”

“There never were any characters on the rock found in the Money Pit. Because: (a) The rock, being hard, they could not wear off. (b) There are a few scratches, etc., made by Creighton’s employees, as they acknowledged, but there is not, and never was, a system of characters carved on the stone.”

There was backed up thoroughly by a 27th March 1935 eyewitness statement by Harry W. Marshall, who was the son of one of the owners of Creighton & Marshalls:

One of the Creighton’s was interested in the Oak Island Treasure Co. and had brought to the city a stone which I well remember seeing as a boy, and until the business was merged in 1919 in the present firm of Phillips & Marshall. The stone was about 2 feet long, 15 inches wide, and 10 inches thick, and weighed about 175 pounds. It had two smooth surfaces, with rough sides with traces of cement attached to them. Tradition said that it had been part of two fireplaces. The corners were not squared but somewhat rounded. The block resembled dark Swedish granite or fine grained porphyry, very hard, and with an olive tinge, and did not resemble any local stone. Tradition said that it had been found originally in the mouth of the “Money Pit”. While in Creighton’s possession some lad had cut his initials ‘J.M.” on one corner, but apart from this there was no evidence of any inscription either cut or painted on the stone. Creighton used the stone for a beating stone and weight. When the business was closed in 1919, Thos. Forhan, since deceased, asked for the stone, the history of which seems to have been generally known. When Marshall left the premises in 1919, the stone was left behind, but Forhan does not seem to have taken it. Search at Forhan’s business premises and residence two years ago disclosed no stone. The full history of the stone was written up in ‘the Suburban” about 1903 or 1904.

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just thought I'd mention again that it is not possible to dismiss the presence of the Templars here because nothing has been written about them. Some early Portuguese explorers to this area were Knights of Christ. The Knights of Christ were the Templars, just another another name. When the Templars were dissolved, the Portuguese king simply changed their name to Knights of Christ. That is fact. Portuguese Knights of Christ = Templars. So the Templars were here in a sense, just under another name. The voyages of Portuguese explorers who were Knights of Christ is verifiable, recorded history.

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Further to the Portuguese: https://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/...-lost-inscribed-ardoise-stone-of-hants-county
This stone was found on Ardoise Hill, as the crow flies from Oak Island. Manulis is a Portuguese name. Not saying Templar/Knight of Christ mind you, just putting it out there. Jury is out on whether it is real or not, but it would be weird to deliberately create a Portuguese fake marker considering hardly anyone around here knows they were even here. Our local history teaches us nothing about them, so why create a fake?

will7782

Dec 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is the swamp salt or fresh water?

a box drain from the sea to a lowland area with the purpose to keep that area constantly wet makes some sense... no doubt that could be accomplished with manpower and shovels. if I wanted to hide something, beneath a swamp that cannot be drained seems clever.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How would you get it back when you wanted it?

Look at the Oak Island Map there is a shut off and release valve where the pile of stones was found in the last show.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haven't been watching.

Were they labeled as such? "Release" to where? It's a hole below sea level.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't been watching.

Were they labeled as such? "Release" to where? It's a hole below sea level.

Well sea level is at about 35 feet on Oak Island. How did they dig shafts to 98 and 110 feet without encountering any water? They were over 75 feet below sea level. The sea was tunneled there to the shaft or money pit by engineers that knew what they were doing.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome...Will...To The Show!

I would know where the "fill trench" was located, so i'd first block it then pump out the swamp. keeping the location of the trench would be the vital part.

The problem today with any Shut Off Valve being able to close off any Flood Tunnels is what has happened to the area around the Money Pit Shaft.

The area has been perforated by many numerous shafts.

All or most would allow water to by pass!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread