Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have to use what you have access too. Lowes wasn't open in that part of the county yet!!

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Zeno narrative is believed by most historians to be a hoax, but it has not been definitively proven to be a hoax. There is a difference.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Zeno narrative is believed by most historians to be a hoax, but it has not been definitively proven to be a hoax. There is a difference.

You need to read Ralph de Sudeley's Journals and you will see that the Zeno narrative was for real.

rabidus

Dec 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to read Ralph de Sudeley's Journals and you will see that the Zeno narrative was for real.

Where would one find Ralph de Sudeley's Journals? I believe it may be in "The Templar Mission to Oak Island and Beyond?" which I haven't read but I don't think I would trust anyway. Are the original journals somewhere or available online?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In another thread I posted, the best source is the researcher that found the Journals of Prince Henry Sinclair and that being Diana Muir. Her new book has everything in it. She has a new book coming out at the end of February about all of the Knight's Templars and most of their genealogy. The first book is about 400 pages and the second one coming is over 700 pages is what I have heard. I have one ordered all ready.

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone, I just discovered this page this morning.

https://oakislandlotfive.com/

Mr. Young is not speaking of untold lost treasures on his site, but he does not appear to be dismissive either, sharing some information in a way that is objective in my opinion. There may be something of value on this site to some folks. There may be nothing at all; nevertheless, I thought I'd share in case someone might be interested. I must admit that I find the photos of Smith's Cove intriguing....

Last edited:

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Further to my post above, that 1781 Spanish coin, rated fx, is rather interesting. What if it hadn't even been in circulation? Just pondering what that could mean, if anything.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Dave...I always respect your...Hard Hitting...Input!

You're right. You were hypothesizing, not arguing for. I apologize.

hit_me_with_your_best_shot.jpg

Last edited:

katanaguy

Mar 29, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mud and more Mud

I love Oak Island I’ve always said that when everyone else bad mouthed it.

Well, another boring episode tonight Jan 15 th 2019. Mud and more mud, wood and more wood.. ..I have learned to DVR it, then quickly FF through the episode itself and stop on anything significant......tonight it took me all of about 3 min to see this worthless episode tonight.

I tire of them repeating over and over the same stuff we just saw before and after every tv commercial and they do same for the next weeks episode . 1st 10 min is a repeat of last weeks show.....man, this gets old so fast. I know there are those out there as frustrated as I am. I used to watch all of each attitude....no more!.....I can now mess with them like they have me for what, 6 yrs now.....hey wait....they found a 1963 penny in tonights episode....Im doing cartwheels.

I still say, what the bearded brother said approx 4 yrs ago..."the real treasure of Oak Island is the story itself".....I believe that more each episode. The story IS THE TREASURE!....no or very little gold will ever be found here. After approx the 9th yr they will end and say "well, look at all the wood and mud we found, how exciting!"....and thanks for following us.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It appears to me a little Strange how deep this Hidden Wharf or Barricade is situated.

View attachment 1669790 View attachment 1669791 View attachment 1669792 View attachment 1669793

The Crew stated they were in new territory from what Dan Blankenship had found in the 70's, but the soil surrounding the logs in this new discovery area are inundated with a multitude of Rocks.

If these logs were covered by the Silt from Ocean waves, the Crew would not have encountered this many large Rocks.

If this construction was intended to be hidden then yes they would have been covered by Rocks.

If this construction was hidden it would require a great amount of difficulty to unveil and would require wood that was both resistant to Sea Water and resilient to Pests.

White Oak would have been satisfactory though not native to Oak Island.

The best wood for this use would be from Acacia trees.

View attachment 1669795 View attachment 1670116

It is also a little Bizarre that the Hidden Wharf claimed located on the West Side was also buried to a depth of 3 feet and had articles recovered at a depth of 8 feet.

This Wharf also had Wrought Iron Spikes, tested to the mid 18th Century!

Could the Truth be that both Constructions were made by the same Depositors, at the same Time!

View attachment 1669789

No acacia in the area. Cargo holds would have had enough weight with the worlds greatest treasure in it. Plus all that coir for packing it in.

Oak peg. O.K. , if whoever said so.
White oak a cooper might have carried some of. Oak splits for sturdy baskets makes sense too.

Black locust makes for a great long lasting peg. And at one times anyways grew near the region.

But oak would be fine for securing spruce. A picky business ,but a peg outlasting a post is a good enough peg. Start square and round a generous portion. Driven in a round hole smaller than the peg diameter and call it good.

Acacia out toughens white oak on the Janka hardness rating.
If you used it for timber , what would you peg it with , and why? No points for broken pegs or incompatibility/compromise of joints.
If using Acacia for pegs , would it be worth the greater hardness ? And faster dulling of tools. Carpal tunnel . Trip back to Africa for more....

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, another boring episode tonight Jan 15 th 2019. Mud and more mud, wood and more wood.. ..I have learned to DVR it, then quickly FF through the episode itself and stop on anything significant......tonight it took me all of about 3 min to see this worthless episode tonight.

I tire of them repeating over and over the same stuff we just saw before and after every tv commercial and they do same for the next weeks episode . 1st 10 min is a repeat of last weeks show.....man, this gets old so fast. I know there are those out there as frustrated as I am. I used to watch all of each attitude....no more!.....I can now mess with them like they have me for what, 6 yrs now.....hey wait....they found a 1963 penny in tonights episode....Im doing cartwheels.

I still say, what the bearded brother said approx 4 yrs ago..."the real treasure of Oak Island is the story itself".....I believe that more each episode. The story IS THE TREASURE!....no or very little gold will ever be found here. After approx the 9th yr they will end and say "well, look at all the wood and mud we found, how exciting!"....and thanks for following us.

Then why in the world to you keep watching it. Do yourself a favor and quit watching it. I bet my last dollar you won’t. I’ll remember you next week katana when you comment how bad it was.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Are You Wearing Your Sunglasses At Night?...Again!

Sun Glasses At Night.jpg

The Lagina's discovery of the Hidden Wharf and the presuming that it is to keep out the Ocean Water may have overlooked what the real purpose of this Barricade was for.

Could it be that the Original Depositor's construction was to have a flood plan to protect their Treasure and another to retrieve their Treasure?

The Original Depositor's Flood Tunnels come from what has been shown as the Ice Holes, farther out in both Smith's Cove and South Shore.

What I believe the Laginas have found is the Depositor's Exit Tunnels to Drain the Money Pit, if it was Compromised.

Output Tunnel.jpg

Last edited:

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1671722

The Lagina's discovery of the Hidden Wharf and the presuming that it is to keep out the Ocean Water may have overlooked what the real purpose of this Barricade was for.

Could it be that the Original Depositor's construction was to have a flood plan to protect their Treasure and another to retrieve their Treasure.

The Original Depositor's Flood Tunnels come from what has been shown as the Ice Holes, farther out in both Smith's Cove and South Shore.

What I believe the Laginas have found is the Depositor's Exit Tunnels to Drain the Money Pit, if it was Compromised.

View attachment 1671716

Just go to post 29 on this thread for the solution of the mystery of the money pit
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/oak-island/595704-randall-sullivan-s-book-2.html

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
All This For A Drink Of Fresh Water?...In Canada!

Fresh Water.jpg

All this for a drop of water...for a few settlers on Oak Island...with Gold River...flooding down on them with an abundance of the most pure water on Earth?

Others have said...you can't dig a foot on Oak Island without hitting water!

Come on...Sasquash!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread