Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
DID THE KNIGHTS TEMPLAR FLEE FRANCE TO ARRIVE AT LATVIA IN 1342?

At Riga Latvia did the Knights Templar merge with their northern brothers....The Teutonic Knights?

Teutonic Knight.jpg

Knights Templar 2.jpg

"Having been betrayed and abandoned by the Church and hoodwinked by the King, the Templars disbanded. Individual groups merged into several other European orders. But one segment of the Knights Templar, the one bearing all of the order’s great secrets, artifacts and gold, needed a safer haven than their brothers had found.
Protecting themselves was secondary to protecting their treasures. So the search began for the perfect hiding place. Connoisseurs of historical legends and myths are convinced that the mysterious Knights Templar gold was stored in Marienburg – the historical name of Aluksne, a town located in present-day Latvia, in a castle of the Livonian Order.

You can still hear legends told by the locals about the gold of the Knights Templar once stored in the castle. Information has also been published online. Ships full of treasure sailed to Latvia, they say, and some of it is still hidden there.

But how was such a huge amount of gold transported there unnoticed? The answer is simple. At that time France was already exporting wine in barrels in different directions. Some of the barrels were half-filled with treasure then covered with a layer of wax, and second half with wine. The barrels were transported to Latvia and kept in the castle’s wine cellars together with the usual barrels.

14th Century Boomtown
Riga began to develop as a centre of Viking-dominated trade during the early Middle Ages. The Chronicle of Henry of Livonia testifies to the city having long been a trading centre by the 12th century, referring to it as an ancient port and describing dwellings and warehouses used to store mostly corn, flax and hides. Officially, the city was founded in 1201 by Bishop Albert I. Albert landed in Riga in the year 1200 with 23 ships and around a thousand eager crusaders.

The Livonian Brothers of the Sword, later called the Livonian Order, was founded by Bishop Albert himself. Before his arrival, though, Rigans had been quite poor, with just two small stone castles and a wooden church, a parsonage, several warehouses and a pier. That was all they could manage to operate with their funds. Then, abruptly, in 1315, just a year after the purge of the Knights Templar was supposedly completed, Riga and its surrounding territory experienced an unexplained economic boom. Almost simultaneously, construction began on no less than 34 castles complete with towers and excellent access roads. Buildings popped up like weeds. Foreign architects and bricklayers were brought into Livonia to ensure the quality of these massive building projects. Where did this tremendous and sudden wealth come from?"

All Paths Lead To Aluksne

"The name of Aluksne was first mentioned in the Pskov Chronicles in 1285 under the names of Olysta, Alyst, and Volyst. The castle of the Livonian knights was built here in 1342 on the biggest of the islands in Aluksne Lake. It was named Marienburg, after Mary, mother of Jesus, and a settlement that emerged around it became known as Marienburg as well."

Aluksne Castle.png

The Knights Templar would have found this to be their safe harbor for themselves and their generations up until the late 1500’s when Ivan The Terrible conquered them.

Finding their Treasure and Artifact becoming unsafe... my theory is they departed for another island in the New World of Acadia.

I will next relate how the treasures of these 16th Century Knights merged with the 18th Century British Navy Freemasons!

I was informed that these Crusaders brought back from the Holy Lands to Latvia... a native tree to introduce on their island called Marienburg ...this tree is called a Lone Pine.

Did these homesick Templar Knights also replant the Lone Pine on a similar island now known as....Oak Island?

Lone Pine 2.jpg

Oak Island Trees.jpg

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DID THE KNIGHTS TEMPLAR FLEE FRANCE TO ARRIVE AT LATVIA IN 1342?

At Riga Latvia did the Knights Templar merge with their northern brothers....The Teutonic Knights?

View attachment 1999855

View attachment 1999856

"Having been betrayed and abandoned by the Church and hoodwinked by the King, the Templars disbanded. Individual groups merged into several other European orders. But one segment of the Knights Templar, the one bearing all of the order’s great secrets, artifacts and gold, needed a safer haven than their brothers had found.
Protecting themselves was secondary to protecting their treasures. So the search began for the perfect hiding place. Connoisseurs of historical legends and myths are convinced that the mysterious Knights Templar gold was stored in Marienburg – the historical name of Aluksne, a town located in present-day Latvia, in a castle of the Livonian Order.

You can still hear legends told by the locals about the gold of the Knights Templar once stored in the castle. Information has also been published online. Ships full of treasure sailed to Latvia, they say, and some of it is still hidden there.

But how was such a huge amount of gold transported there unnoticed? The answer is simple. At that time France was already exporting wine in barrels in different directions. Some of the barrels were half-filled with treasure then covered with a layer of wax, and second half with wine. The barrels were transported to Latvia and kept in the castle’s wine cellars together with the usual barrels.

14th Century Boomtown
Riga began to develop as a centre of Viking-dominated trade during the early Middle Ages. The Chronicle of Henry of Livonia testifies to the city having long been a trading centre by the 12th century, referring to it as an ancient port and describing dwellings and warehouses used to store mostly corn, flax and hides. Officially, the city was founded in 1201 by Bishop Albert I. Albert landed in Riga in the year 1200 with 23 ships and around a thousand eager crusaders.

The Livonian Brothers of the Sword, later called the Livonian Order, was founded by Bishop Albert himself. Before his arrival, though, Rigans had been quite poor, with just two small stone castles and a wooden church, a parsonage, several warehouses and a pier. That was all they could manage to operate with their funds. Then, abruptly, in 1315, just a year after the purge of the Knights Templar was supposedly completed, Riga and its surrounding territory experienced an unexplained economic boom. Almost simultaneously, construction began on no less than 34 castles complete with towers and excellent access roads. Buildings popped up like weeds. Foreign architects and bricklayers were brought into Livonia to ensure the quality of these massive building projects. Where did this tremendous and sudden wealth come from?"

All Paths Lead To Aluksne

"The name of Aluksne was first mentioned in the Pskov Chronicles in 1285 under the names of Olysta, Alyst, and Volyst. The castle of the Livonian knights was built here in 1342 on the biggest of the islands in Aluksne Lake. It was named Marienburg, after Mary, mother of Jesus, and a settlement that emerged around it became known as Marienburg as well."

View attachment 1999857

The Knights Templar would have found this to be their safe harbor for themselves and their generations up until the late 1500’s when Ivan The Terrible conquered them.

Finding their Treasure and Artifact becoming unsafe... my theory is they departed for another island in the New World of Acadia.

I will next relate how the treasures of these 16th Century Knights merged with the 18th Century British Navy Freemasons!

I was informed that these Crusaders brought back from the Holy Lands to Latvia... a native tree to introduce on their island called Marienburg ...this tree is called a Lone Pine.

Did these homesick Templar Knights also replant the Lone Pine on a similar island now known as....Oak Island?

View attachment 1999858
View attachment 1999947

This content should be in the Knights Templar thread.

Itx been proven based on ZERO evidence found in over 200 years that the Templars never came to hoax island, much less deposit any treasure or fictional items purported here.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe this relevant to Oak Island as robot has shown the same type of trees planted by the Knights Templar are on Oak Island. If the Knights Templar planted these types of trees and they are no where on the other 364 Islands in Mahone Bay and only on Oak Island then that makes it relevant that the Knights Templar have been on Oak Island. You say no proof that the Knights Templar have been on Oak Island this is another example of evidence that you want sweep under the rug. Just like the coconut fibers from the Knights Templar trading all over the World has proven to be on Oak Island about 700 to 800 years ago.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Millions of non-templars planted oak trees all around the world. Millions carried coconut fibers around the world mostly used as packing for shipping.

Two of the most common items in history found on hoax island do not equate to templars landing there.

The templars never made it across the Atlantic.

Thats like stating that the fictional king arthur was real and landed on hoax island.

If anyone has any actual evidence that the templars were on hoax island please present it.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Knights Templar were on Oak Island. They were all over this country all the way to the Rocky Mountains. I will post proof sometime this year as I am going on the road to get the evidence. Others will post evidence this year as well. As for King Arthur II I know he and his people came over here 900 years before Christopher Columbus and over 500 years before the Vikings. Others were over here over 2,500 years ago. Hell I believe all the people in Europe, Asia and every where else on Earth was over here before they went over there after the Deluge. It all began over here.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
When is "No Answer" sometimes better...Than... "An Answer"?

A while back Quest of Oak Island Pod Cast had as their guest...Carmen Legge.

Carmen Legge.jpg

Carmen is the Blacksmith used by The Curse of Oak Island to evaluate their finds.
He is the Curator at the Ross Farm Museum located near Oak Island and has written books on Oxen.

oxen book.jpg

I was given the opportunity to ask a question of Carmen.

A question that has pondered me was when he referred to a find as a "Baby Ox Shoe".

Ox Baby Shoe.jpg

Knowing something about oxen, I was puzzled "Why anyone would want to shoe a Baby Ox (a castrated calf under 4 years old)?... unless it was needed to work in a Size Constricted Tunnel... like those dug by Cornish Miners.

Ox baby.jpg

Most Tin Miners of the 18th Century used Pit Ponies but these animals use of a Yoke effects their breathing, which is why Yoked Oxen can pull heavier loads such as would have been required in the Tunnels of Oak Island.

When I asked this question of Carmen he stated he was unable to answer as it would be against his signing of his "Non Disclosure Clause".

Sometimes when Carmen Legge does not say Something...He may be actually saying Something!

Stay tuned to...Season 9!

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think that "lone pine" in the image looks much like the Turkish Pine (Pinus brutia) of the legend. Who identified the recent one?

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Both the Lone Pine Aleppo Pine and the Turkish Pine were once classified as a Subspecies...both appear very much like the so called tall Oak Trees that once populated Oak Island.

My Hypotheses that one or both trees were transplanted would rely on 2 questions:

The Lone Pine trees are evergreens... Were the Oak Trees on Oak Island Evergreens or Deciduous Trees?

All the pictures back to the early days of photography shows leaves still on them.

Oak Island - trees monument.png

Are there any pictures showing these trees without foliage?

There is one Oak Tree that looks similar to these trees and is an evergreen tree...the Laginas have claimed to have found a species of it in the Swamp...It is called a Cork Oak Tree.

Cork Oak.jpg

Lone Pine Tree's longevity is 150 years which would mean that in order for these trees to exist in the early 20th Century they would have had to reproduce.

Are there any pictures showing seedlings growing under these trees?

It may have been possible that these trees were not planted by the 16th Century Knights Templar but by the 18th Century Freemasons in memory of them.

Cork Oak has a longevity of 400 years which could place them in the Knights Templar's range!

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cork Oak: The species needs very little light and cannot survive in dense populations. It loves warmth, grows at annual mean temperatures of 13 to 17 °C (55 to 63 °F) and can withstand maximum temperatures of up to 40 °C (104 °F). In the area of distribution, the temperature rarely falls below freezing point, but temperatures down to −5 °C (23 °F) without damage and down to −10 °C (14 °F) without major damage can be tolerated.

Now transplant a Mediterranian Tree to Nova Scotia?

Image result for Nova Scotia low temperatures
Nova Scotia's climate is slightly continental, characterized by very cold, snowy winters and pleasantly warm, quite rainy summers. ... In winter, on colder days, the temperature drops to -15 °C (5 °F) even on the coasts, and in colder winters, it can reach lower values. [https://www.climatestotravel.com/climate/canada/nova-scotia]

The coldest temperature ever recorded was −41.1 °C (−42 °F)on January 31, 1920, at Upper Stewiacke. [https://www.climatestotravel.com/climate/canada/nova-scotia]

Mahone Bay (where Oak Island is) freezes over.
13306974483_28f8ed0b10_b.jpg

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Templars were warrior bankers involved with shipping products and people NOT gardeners for the New World.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's the History Channel. Your choices are limited to either Templars or Aliens.

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I believe this relevant to Oak Island as robot has shown the same type of trees planted by the Knights Templar are on Oak Island.
All that is needed now is some proof that Templars were the ONLY ones who planted these trees anywhere. Perhaps an 18th-Century trickster who was fixated on Templar Myths and Legends?

Saker

Jan 12, 2021
SW PA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, CTX3030, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm far too immature to watch this show. The last time I watched it there was a scene where the 2 guys were standing at table by the drill rig. One yelled out "I got wood" and the other instantly yelled out "I have shaft". I was laughing so hard beer came out my nose! My wife is right, I'll never grow up.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a good comedy show instead of a reality show.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
"COULD IT BE"..."IT'S JUST THAT EASY!"

I remember a TV home renovation host who's motto was..."It's just that easy".

With Season 9...Episode 10...the lagina Brothers may have unknowingly found the location of the Money Pit Shaft and Chamber!

The seismic display of a 12X12 foot Chamber located 160 feet deep, may very well be the Chamber said to be at the bottom of the Money Pit Shaft.

Chamber Shaft.jpg.docx.png

The Money Pit Shaft was claimed to be of those dimensions. 12X12!

Oak Island Shaft.jpg

What if?

It was stated that the ground level today is 20 feet higher than when the Shaft was first dug.

This would leave the 90 foot stone at today's measurement...110 feet.

This would leave the top of the Chamber at 150 feet.

The translation claimed on the 90 foot stone was... 40 feet below...2 million pounds await.

Decipher Stone 1.jpg

What if?

The Flood Tunnel's "Entrance" at the 100 foot mark...into the the Shaft was made to the exact size and shape of the 90 Foot Stone.

One only had to take this stone and "Plug Off" the water seeping into the Shaft.

This may have been... just that easy!

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"COULD IT BE"..."IT'S JUST THAT EASY!"

I remember a TV home renovation host who's motto was..."It's just that easy".

With Season 9...Episode 10...the lagina Brothers may have unknowingly found the location of the Money Pit Shaft and Chamber!

The seismic display of a 12X12 foot Chamber located 160 feet deep, may very well be the Chamber said to be at the bottom of the Money Pit Shaft.

View attachment 2003215

The Money Pit Shaft was claimed to be of those dimensions. 12X12!

View attachment 2003219

What if?

It was stated that the ground level today is 20 feet higher than when the Shaft was first dug.

This would leave the 90 foot stone at today's measurement...110 feet.

This would leave the top of the Chamber at 150 feet.

The translation claimed on the 90 foot stone was... 40 feet below...2 million pounds await.

View attachment 2003218

What if?

The Flood Tunnel's "Entrance" at the 100 foot mark...into the the Shaft was made to the exact size and shape of the 90 Foot Stone.

One only had to take this stone and "Plug Off" the water seeping into the Shaft.

This may have been... just that easy!
LOL...the nonsense continues.....NONE of the items shown in the illustrations have ever been found.

gjb

Apr 21, 2016
UK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300i
Garrett EuroAce
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I’ve mentioned this before, but if reports and assumptions concerning a deposit in the Money Pit protected by water are correct then if the originator truly knew what he was doing, and was fully aware of the consequences of his actions, the most likely date of construction would be after 1650.

Consider that, for example, putting a treasure on a platform at about 105 feet and admitting water via a tunnel at 110 feet would create an air trap compressed by the pressure of the water. Did the originator know that air has weight and that some 70 feet of sea water would exert a pressure of two atmospheres? If so, we’re sensibly talking post-Torricelli and 1650 plus.

Did the originator know that the pressure would be exerted in all directions at once? Did he also know to what extent the air trap would be compressed and thus how far the water would rise given that the treasure platform was not watertight? If so, we’d be considering the work of Robert Boyle. and maybe others, at 1680 plus, when the originator would have been fully aware that his treasure would eventually be half-immersed in sea water, at least. So, a paper deposit on this so-called treasure platform might be questionable.

Were the treasure at greater depth, we could be talking about upwards of five atmospheres acting upon it or its container.

For example, if Shakespeare’s manuscripts or Baconian paper treasures were deposited anywhere in the Money Pit then surely we’d need to know a good deal about the strength and permeability of the assumed Baconian (mercury?) container or vacuum chamber, presumably c.1623, offering protection from the water. Even given that it could have survived the pressure, could it have survived the potential collapse of the Pit? Would the originator have believed that the Pit couldn't possibly collapse having introduced sea water potentially in motion?

To my mind, it would be far more sensible for Baconians to suggest that the treasure was never in the Money Pit - and that it’s high and dry somewhere else - which is akin to Petter Amundsen’s take on the matter.

Above all, did the originator seriously believe that interlopers wouldn’t dig out the shaft thus tripping the water trap and thereby potentially messing up his plans for recovery? If the treasure leans towards gold and jewels in a chamber then the pressure on it would be no problem. However, if someone did open the Pit then a vertical chain of half a dozen or so pumps would have been needed to remove the water after shutting off the source (were that possible having invited potentially disastrous interference, as actually happened). The height limitations of pumps were known prior to 1650, though not the correct reason for this.

As the originator didn’t have to make the Money Pit so obvious - if we’re to believe early reports of its discovery - the water trap could be a ploy to keep the focus of searching on the Pit.

In any event, just because there was water in the Money Pit when it was opened doesn’t mean there was water there when the originator left the island. Over time, water may have broken in where it wasn’t intended. The consequences of the Money Pit being dry and thus fully accessible would be hugely significant.

All in all, then, wouldn’t it be more likely that the treasure, if there was one, was deposited somewhere else and possibly with instructions for locating it? Isn’t this why Rick is drawn to the swamp and to Zena Halpern’s jottings and musings?

So, we’ve got Marty smelling a rat and looking to the Money Pit and Rick smelling wood and going for the swamp, but if there’s a treasure somewhere other than these locations then neither is likely to sniff it out unless they can find or identify precise instructions for locating it.

However, they persistently refuse to look analytically at the sum total of the potential instructions that are currently available when these are set in the context of what is known about the island, and I’m surprised that Rick, of all people, hasn’t clocked this.

Instead of declaring these documents to be fake, or the Oak Island mystery a hoax, why not ask, “If the instructions on all of these documents are original and intended to work together and should they apply to the known ground markers or features on Oak Island then what might they be indicating?”

Could preconceptions and a failure to appreciate the thinking of the times (applying modern thinking to the past) be preventing consideration of potential copies of original documentation due to their not being recognised for what they are?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions