Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using fictional author's works for your fantastical claims is not solid research.

Even your "templar ship sank near oak island" tale changes each time you post it. Last time the name of the ship didn't match the previous yarn.

As always, please provide factual proof of any of your "treasure found" claims.
Don't need to furnish proof of anything this is a discussion forum nothing more. I located six treasures in one day. I made a trip to Oklahoma last month to check one of them out. I have to go back because we need heavy equipment. I have definite locations of all the others. These are treasures of Jesse James and Gangs. They are real treasures and they have been located. Waiting on landowner's permissions on the others. One landowner refused even though his wife said her husband could use the money. I told him I only wanted to dig one hole by hand, no heavy equipment. He would get 50 percent of the treasure. If nothing found I would never return. One of the other treasures is on Indian Land and that is not an easy location to get permission on. So I do not care what you computer buffs think. I know what I know and I could care less what you think.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using fictional author's works for your fantastical claims is not solid research.

Even your "templar ship sank near oak island" tale changes each time you post it. Last time the name of the ship didn't match the previous yarn.

As always, please provide factual proof of any of your "treasure found" claims.
There were two Knight's Templar ships sank near Oak Island and one sank three years earlier on Sable Island.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please provide your factual proof of these claims. Muir and other fiction does not count.

We‘re all looking forward to seeing your factual evidence that will rewrite history and cement your place as the greatest archeologist of all time.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Please provide your factual proof of these claims. Muir and other fiction does not count.

We‘re all looking forward to seeing your factual evidence that will rewrite history and cement your place as the greatest archeologist of all time.
"Oak Island"... is not a problem to be "Solved"
"But"
...A "Mystery" to be "Observed"!

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As 100% of all tales about oak island have always had no factual basis other than the mcguinnis boys having to make up a story for coming home late, many come years after the previous tellers with each subsequent story telling adding more fiction (log platforms, cryptic stone, flood tunnels, etc.), it's safe to say the there is no mystery, only fictional made-up stories intended to fleece investors or attempts to get a cable show.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
There are times in one's life when “Serendipity"… May!… Hit one over the head with a Book!

Serendipity is an…“unexpected discovery” or “fortunate chance”.

I was browsing one day in a local thrift store, when I came across this book.

Bible 2 IMG_2639.JPG

Bible 3 IMG_2638.JPG

Bible 4 IMG_2641.JPG

This was no ordinary book… but what turned out to be a rare 1637 King Charles I Service Bible.
Given to Elner Wynche for her 15th year in 1643.

This Bible has been Authenticode” as being a very, very rare Bible published by Robert Young in Edinburgh Scotland for King Charles I, and one of only a few ever having existed in today’s Museums.

An Oak Island Theory
It is another "Theory": …Prior to the execution's of King Charles I in 1649...He may have buried the Treasures of England out of reach of the government to his new location "New Scotia"...Oak island!

King_Charles_I_after_original_by_van_Dyck.jpg

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Robot finally had an interesting post……but took focus away from the interesting factual information by posting more absolute fiction about hoax island.

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can definitely tell you that my post is not nonsense. If you were able to locate the Stars in Heaven above down here on the Earth, that is their locations. There are two Worlds one of the Earth and one of the Heavens. There were globes that cast the Stars on the Earth giving their exact locations here on the Earth in the 16th Century. Why don't you research anything yourself. Always saying nonsense on our post. The nonsense is someone saying they know everything with not knowing anything.
So much is wrong with your post. For one thing, there IS no "spot" on earth that corresponds to the position of any star regardless of the date, since the earth rotates, and the stars appear to move from east to west, constantly, just as the sun does. The only way that would be possible would be to pick a particular DATE, and specific time - down to the minute - of what particular star's position was over the earth. The year really wouldn't matter, because due to precession or proper motion, a star's apparent position, if plotted on the earth's surface, would have shifted perhaps as much as 2 inches in 1000 years.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You mean that because Earth's orbit of the sun is regular as a calendar, and someone could set up charts to be used on specific dates and times to take angular observations so that a navigator could take an observation and determine their coordinates? You mean like Nathaniel Bowditch did in 1802? Know the date, know the time (Greenwich) and you can use a solar or star sighting and a compass to find your position. But otherwise, the Earth spins and the stars appear to cross the sky.

Even with the date and time it would be a poor method to mark a spot to dig. Even now if you get within 200 yards of a spot you're a pretty damn exceptional hand with a sextant.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You both fail to see the whole picture. The Earth has longitude and latitude as a sphere, so does our galaxy. So Stars can be associated with certain points on the Earth. Has nothing to do with rotation or precision of anything.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What you fail to realize is that you are wrong.

Earth’s latitude and longitude never change (note - the magnetic poles do move). The night sky changes constantly with the hour and season. That’s why sites like Stonehenge have specific raised stones that line up once a year - like on the solstices or equinox dates - with the sun at local sunrise.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well sir , you are wrong also. Those stones you claim line up is nothing but educated crap. The Stars and everything else move one degree every 71.6 years. The only thing the stones can line up is the Sun and maybe the Moon.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure. But I say you can't use them to show physical treasure because NO ONE would have used that system to leave "clues" for later pundits.

I await your images of found treasure to show I misjudged your fallacy.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys don’t forget that Franklin said that the templars had a space/time warp tunnel on oak island that they used to ferry themselves and treasure to/from Mars.

Maybe his space/time warp tunnel can compensate for the universe’s constant erratic movement?
Just saying….

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure. But I say you can't use them to show physical treasure because NO ONE would have used that system to leave "clues" for later pundits.

I await your images of found treasure to show I misjudged your fallacy.
Millions wait for Franklin to finally show the actual treasures he’s stated he found.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without all of your skepticism and optimism you will never waver me from my journey in life. Negative all the time with nothing good to say. I actually don't know how your mind can even live with yourself.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without all of your skepticism and optimism you will never waver me from my journey in life. Negative all the time with nothing good to say. I actually don't know how your mind can even live with yourself.
Never intended to waiver you from your journey. A vast majority of the items you post are from fictional writers such as Muir and others. The information is fiction and pseudo history.

If you can provide proof of one of the treasures you claimed you have found or provide factual historical evidence of something you are seeking, I will support you 100%

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's not a bad life. I'm actually kind of upbeat and have a light-heart. I spend most of my time here on the "What Is It?" sub-forum helping folks identify objects they have actually found.

The real world is a beautiful and extrordinary place; full of wonders. You should visit it occasionally.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The real world is a beautiful and extrordinary place; full of wonders. You should visit it occasionally.
Lol... These days the real world seems full of trouble and strife... War, famine, plague (Covid), floods, etc..

I am an Australian living in Hong Kong (I have a business here). Sydney (as well as many other places in Australia) is under water. Hong Kong is virtually locked down for more than 2 years now (cannot enter without doing quarantine) and we live in fear that China may force us into a Shanghai type lock down. So sad over what is happening in Ukraine (Our software developers are based there).

I am an economist by training and can see the effects of the war leading to massive food shortages (Ukraine and Russia make up about 50% of the world wheat exports).

Struggling to see the place full of wonders at the moment...

horses.jpg

Not that hard to see why people escape to fantasies..

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Old Men...And...Young Boys...Will Play With Their...Toys!
masonsword.jpg

Toy Holster 3.jpg

In Season 9 Episode 21 - A Lot of Secrets... They are stating that the Garnet Semi Precocious Stone found was part of a Ceremonial Masonic Rituals used by the Freemasons.

Masonic Semi Precious Stone.jpg

Masonic Breast Plate.jpg

My Post #995 may have inspired this Theory!

Further investigations have revealed that there is a more likely Theory available.

I believe that what has been found is the semi-precious gem of a child's "Toy Holster".

Toy Holster 7.jpg

One like the Toy Cap Pistol found earlier in the area belonging to Rick Restall`s family.
Rick Restall's Toy.jpg

He claimed it was part of his Toy Gun and Holster lost in this area.

Many mass produced Toy Holster were Mexican leather engraved and semi-precious gems inserted, made in Mexico.
Garnets from Mexico today can be purchased for a song.

Mexican Garnets.jpg

And in the 1950`s that song was later and best sung by nonother than Juan Gabriel.

Toy Holster 3.jpg
Toy Holster 3.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread