Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Nokta Pulse Dive 2in1 kit
Garrett AT Pro (not Used)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been testing the 1.10 Beta test version, and other than a couple issues that I have personally witnessed and reported to Nokta on the provided email, on the Legend I did the testing with I am really liking this new version 1.10 which will be changed to 1.11 once finalized.

The TIDs (Target IDs for newbies) seem much more stable from previous versions with this Beta Test version 1.10, when the Legend locks on to a target I am not seeing the IDs jumping all over the place, like they were for me in previous versions, also on the ground I detect the GB (Ground Balance) seems to be more stabilized from previous versions, I have two legends one I have not updated just yet but will, so my observations are from running one legend with 1.10 and the other with 1.09 side by side, the tones are another thing I have noticed on the Legend with 1.10 I thought the tones were good in 1.09 but the 1.10 tones sound even better to me, with 1.10 much clearer tones.
one thing I have also noticed is when the coil gets over a target in the 1.10 version the target is almost dead center on the 11 inch coil on the center bar that runs from heel to toe just ahead of the stem (this seems to be the hot spot) on the 11 inch coil, the 11 inch coil when I have located a target and wiggle back from said target seems to be even more sensitive at the front edge of the 11 inch coil then what it was in previous versions, it just seems to be way more sensitive at the edges of the 11 inch coil from previous versions, the depth of the Legend with 1.10 also seems to be even deeper in my ground which is extremely mineralized, the legend with the 1.10 version seems to get through my mineralized ground much much better than previous versions, I am seeing depths that I could not achieve with the previous versions on my legend with the 1.10, and I am not talking small depth changes but 2-5 inches of gained depth in 1.10, my Legend with the 1.10 I can now run my Sensitivity up to around 25-27 where before I could only get it to 15-19 before it would get so noisy that it was UN bearable
One thing I will add is another observation before when my Legend would lock on to a target and give me a TID the TIDs would be bouncing around now they are not with 1.10, also another observation that would happen in previous versions when I would get over a target in one of the SMF modes I would switch to a different SMF mode just to see if there was a variance in TID numbers for a target I would run through all three SMF and all five SF (single Frequencies) in previous versions there would be a slight variance in TID numbers depending on which SMF or single Frequency you were in in, 1.10 I am no longer seeing a variance in TIDs in any Of the SMF or SF frequency modes
Now to my question where should the hot spot on the Legend 11 inch coil be or what is others observations as to where the hot spot is, on the 11 inch coil I have been testing the 6 inch coil also but the six inch when the Legend locks on to a target the hot spot is almost the hole coil because of its size.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've only got several hours on v.1.10 beta 2 and one of them was tonight before I got driven back into my car because of freezing fingers. I was at a high EMI park, and I usually have to search around on any machine to find a clear channel, it's even hard to get away from the EMI bleed-over on the side channels around the EMI. On the Legend I usually have to go a single freq, Muliti-freq isn't possible. Tonight I was able to stay in M2 and M3 at a sensitivity of 22. This is a huge improvement in stability! BC might be helping to clarify the good targets from the trash, I'm keeping the BC at 4 and I'm still getting a lot of coin signals standing out of the trash.
Great report oldkoot, and I'll be checking out what you're talking about on the 11" and I'll do more testing with the 13.5" coil. I usually pinpoint with the front toe of any DD coil, so I never notice any changes in sensitivity with the rest of the coil. From what I've found so far with the 13.5" is it's pretty much the same as the 11", just deeper. I find just as many coin-sized targets with the 13.5" and the pin-pointing is pretty easy.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
2-Nokta/Macro Legend Pro Pack
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks guys. considered trying the 1.10, but decided to wait for completion of your testing and the benefits of your observations when the 1.11 comes out.
I truly feel everyone is going to like the New 1.11 when it arrives to us, in my testing what I am noticing this 1.10 has completely changed the way my Legend is working for the better with the added features of all previous updates and the 1.10 soon to be 1.11, I beleive the Legend is becoming what Nokta/Macro now Nokta meant for the Legend to be, after this next update I truly do not see where they could improve upon the Legend much more from what it is, do I feel it is the be all to end all detector absolutely not.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've only got several hours on v.1.10 beta 2 and one of them was tonight before I got driven back into my car because of freezing fingers. I was at a high EMI park, and I usually have to search around on any machine to find a clear channel, it's even hard to get away from the EMI bleed-over on the side channels around the EMI. On the Legend I usually have to go a single freq, Muliti-freq isn't possible. Tonight I was able to stay in M2 and M3 at a sensitivity of 22. This is a huge improvement in stability! BC might be helping to clarify the good targets from the trash, I'm keeping the BC at 4 and I'm still getting a lot of coin signals standing out of the trash.
Great report oldkoot, and I'll be checking out what you're talking about on the 11" and I'll do more testing with the 13.5" coil. I usually pinpoint with the front toe of any DD coil, so I never notice any changes in sensitivity with the rest of the coil. From what I've found so far with the 13.5" is it's pretty much the same as the 11", just deeper. I find just as many coin-sized targets with the 13.5" and the pin-pointing is pretty easy.
I am glad you brought up the EMI, I copletely forgot to add my observations on the EMI, I have one area I detect that has really bad EMI that the Legend prior to the 1.10 was almost UN detectable with the 1.10 I was now able to detect that particular area, I was still hearing a little EMI but with the 1.10 it probably was 90% less EMI and maybe even Less all I can say I was now able to detect that area with the heavy EMI and maintain sensitivity at around 22-25 where before I had to drop to 15 on sens and even then at a setting of 15 on the sensitivity the EMI still gave the Legend fits but not with the 1.10

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I truly feel everyone is going to like the New 1.11 when it arrives to us, in my testing what I am noticing this 1.10 has completely changed the way my Legend is working for the better with the added features of all previous updates and the 1.10 soon to be 1.11, I beleive the Legend is becoming what Nokta/Macro now Nokta meant for the Legend to be, this next update I truly do not see where they could improve upon the Legend much more from what it is, do I feel it is the be all to end all detector absolutely not.
I agree. Each time there have been big updates the Legend always seems like it performs significantly better. In V1.10 so far of the 9 updates, 5 were major feature additions. In v1.09 there were 8 major feature additions out of 16 total updates. I'm seeing less and less difference between the Legend and what I've seen of the Equinox 900 on youtube. I have the Equinox 900 coming in the mail so can't wait to compare them.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree. Each time there have been big updates the Legend always seems like it performs significantly better. In V1.10 so far of the 9 updates, 5 were major feature additions. In v1.09 there were 8 major feature additions out of 16 total updates. I'm seeing less and less difference between the Legend and what I've seen of the Equinox 900 on youtube. I have the Equinox 900 coming in the mail so can't wait to compare them.
One thing I am hoping for is Nokta adds a 5 tone option, I have one program that I set up in 6 tones but basically I turned the 6 tone option into a 5 tone option, that should be a easy add in my opinion, the program I sat up in 6 tones and turned into a 5 tone has been working great for me.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of good information here fella's. I am still on up-date 7. Long ways behind. I am somewhat Tech. challenged and have a problem with the up grade procedure for whatever reason, but I do have a friend who is very good at this sort of thing and will give it a shot for me, so...I will wait for the 1.11, and go from there. When it is all said and done, I will print out a new instruction manual if one is offered, (some things I can do).

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A lot of good information here fella's. I am still on up-date 7. Long ways behind. I am somewhat Tech. challenged and have a problem with the up grade procedure for whatever reason, but I do have a friend who is very good at this sort of thing and will give it a shot for me, so...I will wait for the 1.11, and go from there. When it is all said and done, I will print out a new instruction manual if one is offered, (some things I can do).
The new update tool is much more user-friendly so you shouldn't have any problems. When you get it up to the latest updates it's going to be like a whole new detector. 😁

CMP

Tenderfoot
Jan 25, 2023
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab X-Terra 705, Makro Racer 2, Nokta Makro Legend
If you're tech challenged you should probably get someone you know to help you with the version upload. You wouldn't want to mess it up and turn your Legend into a brick.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All set up for that CMP, and yes nuggetshooter, I was thinking that, back in the day, (in a manner of speaking) a lot of complaints, not so much now at all. A whole new detector, no doubt as it sounds, Thanks fella's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread