Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a teen I'd go to the mall and super glue a Quarter to the floor ,then sit on the bench and watch people try to pick it up..
I would think it will stick them together if they are cleaned first.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are now multiple types of superglues, tailored for specific uses. Most of them will stick coins together but absolutely the best glue for metals (copper, steel, stainless steel, aluminium, brass and iron especially) is "Super Glue 15212 Metal Epoxy Adhesive". It's a two-part product in a dual syringe-type dispenser that mixes the two parts together as you push on the plungers of the dispenser. Sets in 5 minutes. However, it isn't colourless... it cures to a pale grey colour.

If you can't find it in your local DIY store, Amazon is your friend.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. And it will be hard to get them apart. I glued something last night and got some on my fingers. I knew better than to touch the fingers together or to anything else. Lemon juice took it off in a few minutes.

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The answer is Yes.
I worked on satellite communications and the space program, back in the 70's and early 80's at 3M. I would check out a bottle of glue from the "vault" and it was measured when we checked it back in to see how much I had used. It was called "Eastman 910", which is now called super glue. We didn't know what is was, but it was a fantastic product. Guess that's why I had a Secret Clearance.
It was used for ceramic plates and ceramic computer chips to see what the heat resistance would be before it would separate the parts.

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The answer is Yes.
I worked on satellite communications and the space program, back in the 70's and early 80's at 3M. I would check out a bottle of glue from the "vault" and it was measured when we checked it back in to see how much I had used. It was called "Eastman 910", which is now called super glue. We didn't know what is was, but it was a fantastic product. Guess that's why I had a Secret Clearance.
It was used for ceramic plates and ceramic computer chips to see what the heat resistance would be before it would separate the parts.

Fumes of Cyanoacrylate, aka superglue, is also used by law enforcement to develop latent fingerprints. Just need to figure out what files I have displaced with that tidbit as I do have a limited hard drive between my ears.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recall a few years ago someone dripped some on a toilet seat in the Walmart bathroom. can you imagine a trip to the ER with a seat glued to your rear..

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
As a teen I'd go to the mall and super glue a Quarter to the floor ,then sit on the bench and watch people try to pick it up..

You do not to be a teen to do something like that and find humor in it. Just sayin.

Aeds151

Jan 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get some spray on gorilla glue. Makes for a great hair product as well. Just spray it on your head and watch all of the donations and attention flood in.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use these for various projects from micro cracks to joint repairs in woodworking. Set time is important and the surface texture as wood can be a challenge.
https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/sho...ves/glue/20026-cyanoacrylate-set?item=56Z9604
56D7ECDF-C39D-4C33-877A-F5E201575843_4_5005_c.jpeg

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Let me ask... did you once do this to a bottle of Rum ? ? ?

Cruel.

And I still have dreams / nightmares...

In the dream I am parched... so thirsty... and after some struggle I am trying to lift the Rum... and nothing... so there I am on my knees... tongue in the neck of the bottle...

Juuusssst cannnnnnttt reeeaaaacccchhhhhh...

arrrrrgggggg

:P

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Cruel.

In the dream I am parched... so thirsty... and after some struggle I am trying to lift the Rum... and nothing... so there I am on my knees... tongue in the neck of the bottle...

arrrrrgggggg

You need to adapt to your environment, need to exercise the muscle-stretch then you can lap right to the bottom of the bottle while it stands upright.

1F0B6B81-2EB3-45EB-89CF-69F978DCED38_1_201_a.jpeg

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know if superglue would hold coins together?

It works great at holding everything together Except... what your trying to fix:tongue3:

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cruel.

arrrrrgggggg

If I'd been so cruel to do this to you ,I'd of left a straw beside it. Cheers

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Regarding the use of CA glue as a suture - apparently the medical type is NOT the same as the Super Jet medium thickness used for R/C model airplane building. I cut myself with an X-Acto blade and figured I'd try closing the cut with it.

Whole -Lee - Schmidt! Stung and smoked - like adding a burn to the somewhat painless razor cut. Worked, but boy did it sting.

Some are better than others at cementing different materials. There are also very different viscosities. All are good at sticking your finger to multiple surfaces.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used it on other items that I have found, and it works. Never had to try it on a coin, probably because I've never found a coin in two or more pieces.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regarding the use of CA glue as a suture - apparently the medical type is NOT the same as the Super Jet medium thickness used for R/C model airplane building. I cut myself with an X-Acto blade and figured I'd try closing the cut with it.

Whole -Lee - Schmidt! Stung and smoked - like adding a burn to the somewhat painless razor cut. Worked, but boy did it sting.

Some are better than others at cementing different materials. There are also very different viscosities. All are good at sticking your finger to multiple surfaces.

yeah she burns....but it works well. has saved me thousands on copays and hospital bills

OP
OP
GoldieLocks

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone actually glued coins together? I am looking for alternative way besides actual metal soddering and such.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread