Odd Spectrum XLT Prob

Jonsered

Oct 12, 2009
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Hey all. Long time detector but newbie to the forum here.

Got an odd prob with my trusty Spectrum XLT. When I turn the unit on, it goes through the standard statup screen showing battery life etc. Then goes to the second screen, which is the balancing procedure. I am only getting the top half of the screen, it flashes constantly, and I can't balance or procede to another screen.

I have sorted out my share of issues with this detector, but this one has me stumped. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

r49miner

Sep 12, 2006
Idaho
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jonsered said:

Got an odd prob with my trusty Spectrum XLT. When I turn the unit on, it goes through the standard statup screen showing battery life etc. Then goes to the second screen, which is the balancing procedure. I am only getting the top half of the screen, it flashes constantly, and I can't balance or procede to another screen.

I have sorted out my share of issues with this detector, but this one has me stumped. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

I would suggest contacting Whites and asking them, also Kellyco may be able to answer what's wrong.

weston777

Greenie
Aug 13, 2013
las vegas
Detector(s) used
GARRETT Spectrum V3i, ATpro, Minelab X-terra 305, whites spectrum xlt, and several older detectors.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks in advance!
Hello
I'm not sure if you have fixed your problem or not but I have fixed several xlt display problems if the problem only shows up on the second screen it's probably one of the ic's on the daughter board behind the display. if the problem is there when you turn on the detector and never goes away it's probably the display. the original display they used had a problem, it had a ribbon connection heat welded to the lcd for the horizontal information and zebra strips for the vertical information the ribbon would would develop intermittent connection over time and cause horizontal lines or whole sections to blank out. whites has a display now that doesn't have this problem. it's very easy to change. it cost about $45 + shipping.
I hope this helps.

cheers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread