cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• rodwhatsit.jpg
    rodwhatsit.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 182

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely a strange one can we get more pics of it from all sides also are there any markings on it like a patent number if so someone can research out the patent.

Upvote 2

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,ve seen something like that before,I don,t reckon it,s something to do with a carburetor is it? Just a wild guess so don,t go to hard on me!!!:laughing7:
Not a bad guess. Need some more pictures from different angles for me to make a guess. Almost like the hexagonal end fit in something then something fit in the slot to turn it, but just a thought.

Upvote 1

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad guess. Need some more pictures from different angles for me to make a guess. Almost like the hexagonal end fit in something then something fit in the slot to turn it, but just a thought.
The hexagonal end reminds me of the parts on real old carbs for some reason,with the point and all.Maybe the slot was for a in and out motion rather than a turning motion.It,s still just a guess,mind you,just something that popped in my head.

Upvote 1

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The hexagonal end reminds me of the parts on real old carbs for some reason,with the point and all.Maybe the slot was for a in and out motion rather than a turning motion.It,s still just a guess,mind you,just something that popped in my head.
As good a guess as any. Better than mine.

When thoughts pop into your head do, they make noise? Mine do. Sounds like popcorn sometimes.

Upvote 1

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ladder looking part on the end probably was for a gear to run it back and forth and the center slotted part probably had a screw to hold it loosely so it could move back and forth, but figuring out what it was on or for is the hard part, imagining it's movement it was a short movement. It does make a person think of some sort of throttle linkage or possibly a dial that was geared was the part that was in the ladder area to run it in and out .

Upvote 3
OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a few more photos. The more I look at it the more I think I've seen something like this before. It's not a carb part that I've ever seen, and I've been rebuilding them for over 50 years. It's more like from a slide lock, or, a motor actuated lock......like a dead bolt. It wouldn't be strong enough for a door, and seems a bit too long for that. No markings of any kind that I can see anywhere. That one pointed end is not hexagonal. it pentagonal, like the shape of a baseball home plate.

Attachments

• rodwhatsit2.jpg
    rodwhatsit2.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 58
  • rodwhatsit3.jpg
    rodwhatsit3.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 61
  • rodwhatsit4.jpg
    rodwhatsit4.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 55
  • rodwhatsit5.jpg
    rodwhatsit5.jpg