Odyssey Explorer seized in Limassol

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"My response was that you were making this up, as both Cyprus and Lebanon support and enforce their respective EEZ, and collaborate on the issues. Are you saying that if a Country doesn't care about UN laws, they are free to violate the EEZ of another Country?"

AYEP, it happens every day.
Declaration of EEZ is over stepping authority. Just like violating law of salvage and law of finds by the UN with their Nancy panties conventions.

AARC I read all your post! :icon_thumright:

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not one scrap of evidence from you that Odyssey has been CHARGED and PROSECUTED

Really? Odyssey has never been charged?!?!?!
Odyssey has never been prosecuted?!?!?!

Declaration of EEZ is over stepping authority

An EEZ oversteps authority?!?!?!

According to you, is a Country allowed to have a border, or does that overstep your version of the law?

I would work for them for free...
just to have another chance to be a part of something out there in the recovery biz...

umm, well, that about sums up the crew...now, about the recovery part, you should think about that possibility, however remote.

Most people just bought shares in the treasure hunting company, that is now gone as well...

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do not reduce this thread to name calling. If you do you will loose posting privileges on this site.

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VOC, do you READ your own posts?

never to my knowledge been charged OR prosecuted for a criminal offence,.."
emphasis added post #127

to which I provided several cases where Odyssey has been charged, and has been prosecuted....

now it is..

Not one scrap of evidence from you that Odyssey has been CHARGED and PROSECUTED and CONVICTED (successfully)
Post #139

Odyssey was CONVICTED of Contempt of Court.

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Odyssey Explorer has left Cyprus and is in route to Lebanon. (Source: AIS Ship Tracker).

It appears that "some people"were wrong...

I can hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth coming from certain quarters...

Last edited:

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is nothing conclusive about being released. The vessel is enroute to Beirut, perhaps at the 'request' of the Lebanese government?

Out of the frying pan and into the fire?

Keep wailing and gnashing, the shareprice is 22 cents on the news.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All share prices are tanked... Not just Odysseys.

VOC

Apr 11, 2006
Atlantic Ocean
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is nothing conclusive about being released. The vessel is enroute to Beirut, perhaps at the 'request' of the Lebanese government?

Out of the frying pan and into the fire?

Cyprus is embarrassed and had to trump up a smoke screen reason (not recovery related) for impounding the vessel after they realised they totally messed up.

She is sailing totally freely to Lebanon

Last edited:

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have some sort of proof of this, or are you just guessing?

Given there has been no news, nor any information from the company, logic dictates something otherwise.

The project was based out of Limassol....what is the status of the recovery, and/or the project?

The vessel was detained for weeks, and now they are sailing to Beirut, for what, a lovely port of call?

All share prices are tanked... Not just Odysseys.
Is the market worth one fifth of what it was a year ago?

Last edited:

VOC

Apr 11, 2006
Atlantic Ocean
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have some sort of proof of this, or are you just guessing?

Yes, funny how anti-OMEX logic always comes up with completely different scenarios than the actuality.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Good point...oops sorry.

Maybe they " will" actually sail East, I wouldn't!!

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SADS...where is there any reference to sailing west to Beirut?

Yes, funny how anti-OMEX logic always comes up with completely different scenarios than the actuality.

Yet the pro OMEX provides an alternate reality, not based on logic or fact, but that is okay?

They are 'free' to sail to Beirut. Why not the project site?

I seem to recall you feel Odyssey has never been charged....

Last edited:

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
VOC said, she is totally free and sailing to Beriut, I am sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick.

It's British and it's called sarcasm....for example, my imagination is that they were given permission to sail East to Beriut but headed West out of the Med " real quick"....as lots of us would

Last edited:

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The suggestion that the Lebanese government can compel a foreign flagged commercial vessel to sail to Beruit from Limassol against that vessel's wishes reveals a complete ignorance of maritime law.

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my imagination is that they were given permission to sail East to Beriut but headed West out of the Med " real quick"....as lots of us would

Concur. Why sail to Beirut, that is the question. Resume project, no..sail to Beirut...really?

The suggestion that the Lebanese government can compel a foreign flagged commercial vessel to sail to Beruit from Limassol against that vessel's wishes reveals a complete ignorance of maritime law.

I seem to remember the Guardia Civil detaining the Alert/Explorer, crew, and confiscating equipment. Vorus was detained and put on probation. Who said the trip was against Odyssey 'wishes'? Odyssey has stated they are complying with the authorities. There are plenty of ways to compel one to comply with something.

Do you still feel that the Explorer was not detained in Cyprus, and the cargo confiscated? Was that in line with their wishes?

It it all conjecture..so everyone has an opinion, and all of them are valid. Perhaps you should refrain from 'wailing and gnashing', you don't have a lot of teeth left to play with.

(BTW it is Beirut, not Beruit (which is an Inuit term for wailing and gnashing)

EDIT: Perhaps one can consider that the ship has been confiscated, and is being driven to Beirut by the Lebanese? Just as valid as any other hypothesis..

Last edited:

VOC

Apr 11, 2006
Atlantic Ocean
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Lebanese never sent anyone to Cyprus, so there is no reason whatsoever to suggest they want the ship detained.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread