Official Florida Hunt - please post conversations here - Feb - 1,2,3, 2013

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just let grandma susie and them know you might be there later on friday. your spot is held for you sooo.i called there today to find out some info, grandma susie and frank went to an RV show in tampa this week....we aren't getting there ourselves till close to 7pm.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright, I'll try to remember to give them a holler sometime this week...

Bran <><

Bunker

Apr 6, 2010
St. Pete, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / Etrac / T2se / Blisstool V5
Pistol Probe / Pro Pointer / VibraProbe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I am even MORE EXCITED for this hunt, if that is even possible!
Bunker

Wayne P

Mar 28, 2010
Fayetteville, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Blisstool and Fisher F 75 SE
I started off thinking this was going to be a small club type hunt and just an excuse to get away for a few days. Dang was I wrong! This just keeps getting bigger and better. I look forward to meeting y'all and making some new friends

ringnut

Tenderfoot
Jan 9, 2013
Gulf coast of Florida
Detector(s) used
CZ21, ATpro, XLT, Sand Shark, pro pointer
Awesome. Im so excited. Never had an opportunity like this. Thanks again for putting on this magnificant event.

surfmaid

Greenie
Jan 15, 2013
Pensacola Beach,FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280
Fisher CZ21 8"
Fisher CZ21 10"
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Aweso !! That Explains it !!

I Just called the campground to inquire about a room ~ & "Dottie" wasn't up on what's going on . But she's gonna have someone give me a call.
I was invited to the event by Melba Poole "Treasure Finders" Fort Walton Beach,FL. and I signed up on Treasure Net late last night.
Then stayed up all night long reading 10 pages of post,following links,and watching the videos .... Great Job.
I've been waiting till I got Mardi Gras Parade & Ball dates finalized. Looks like this can squeeze right in-between.

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started off thinking this was going to be a small club type hunt and just an excuse to get away for a few days. Dang was I wrong! This just keeps getting bigger and better. I look forward to meeting y'all and making some new friends

Honestly i didn't think it was going to get this big, and with all the great people donating items, and with places opening their doors to us, makes it that much cooler....

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Just called the campground to inquire about a room ~ & "Dottie" wasn't up on what's going on . But she's gonna have someone give me a call.
I was invited to the event by Melba Poole "Treasure Finders" Fort Walton Beach,FL. and I signed up on Treasure Net late last night.
Then stayed up all night long reading 10 pages of post,following links,and watching the videos .... Great Job.
I've been waiting till I got Mardi Gras Parade & Ball dates finalized. Looks like this can squeeze right in-between.

yeah when i called to ask her a question, she didn't know anything, the event is ran through grandma susie and frank, they are the owners, there are alot of other folks working on the property, and many didn't even know when i was up there shooting video and such what i was there for ..lol... no worries...just go ahead and book as there is no special rate or any secret code, just book for the dates you wish to be there....let me know if you run into any more problems....grnadma susie and frank will be back next monday as they are a rv show in tampa.

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife and I plan on cooking some hot dogs for a snack/lunch saturday afternoon , so make sure to stop by the pavillion in between your finds , start time will vary depends on if i start finding some good finds..lol...

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok change of plans we will be cooking them late afternoon..closer to 5pm or so....so save room..lol...

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many ppl plan on bringing cameras?? Either Still camera, or video cameras?? I will have my kodak 1080p video camera. would like to have a rough idea so i know who to bug to post them up.lol..

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll have my cell that does HD of either... but I'm not sure how much I'll be taking, because I'll hopefully be busy digging so many great historic finds! ;-)

Bran <><

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As of now, Ellen and I plan on only being there for the Saturday events. We sold our Tallahassee house (was too big now we are "empty nesters") and will be in the process of closing. We're staying in the Tally area tho, at least until Ellen retires from FSU, so we need to find another (smaller) house to buy; or to find a nice rental. Still have the house in MO, but I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever get to live back there again............... :dontknow:
Anyway, will be good to finally see the TNetters. Been a long time since I've made a hunt.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you guys will at least be able to make it, even for a day!! :-) I hope everything works out well with your closing & finding a new place! I'm sure you will...

The last hunt I went to was my bachelor hunt up in Missouri! Boy, was that a good time!! It makes me even more excited for this hunt!!!

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread