Ok third time detecting, not sure what it is...

Kosh

Dec 4, 2011
Saratoga Springs, New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I hit a site where an old home used to be just down the street from my house. All that is left of the house is the chimney laying on the ground.

Found some neat stuff but the coolest one I have no clue what it is. Its edges are blue as for the metal I do not know.

photo1.jpg

The second pic is just the other random stuff including what used to be a purse (I checked that hole looking for what was in the purse but found only trash and a few rocks that kept setting off my GTP 1350. There is a pocket watch case there as well.
photo.jpg

OP
OP
Kosh

Kosh

Dec 4, 2011
Saratoga Springs, New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOLA_Ken said:
Hi Kosh, your first item looks like a brooch to me. can you see any traces of where a pin was on the back?

Yes there are two spots that look like something may have been welded there at some point.

Upvote 0

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah I'd say it was a brooch then, I'm not sure of the age as jewelry isn't really my area. Someone will nail it down for you though. That purse clasp would have had me going! Too bad it wasn't full when they lost it!

Upvote 0

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Judging by the octagon shape and the cut-out, I would say it's from the Art Deco period.

Kosh, WELCOME to the forum and WELCOME to MD!

Nice find, :thumbsup: Breezie

Upvote 0

yaxthri

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
The octagonal shape makes it look chinese, or maybe chinese-inspired? Art deco is not a bad call though...

Upvote 0

High Plains Digger

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2008
The purse mouth is from what is called a "Flapper Purse" and is from the 20s or so. They were about 6 inches long, and usually had a thinish silver chain. I found one. No chain, but the purse was made from a chain mail type of metal mesh with small squares of metal attached to it. Looked somewhat reptillian. There were lots of different styles and materials. Look for a name on one of the pieces you have and check it out. There are a lot of pieces out there on ebay and lots of information in general. That will seem to fit into Breezie's age guess.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread