Old 35 mm film

PennyG

Apr 21, 2014
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Great Uncle enjoyed working on cameras. Found the following items while clearing out his home. Is there any value in old 35 mm movies? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1500328090.946574.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1500328120.186460.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1500328136.334028.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1500328148.687656.jpg

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8MM movie. You've got a bunch that are probably family etc. That W C Fields one might be worth big bucks depending on which one it was. I'd suggest buying an 8mm projector or a editor to view them on! There's a chance there of historic events, family memories. The editors can be had cheaply because no one uses them anymore. Another reason for reviewing them is to possibly prevent an embarrassing moment......... True story! One of my buddies found a shoebox of movies in his dads workshop. He brought em over & we got a rude awakening. Guess we figured out what him & the boys were doing out in the shop and that "ole girl" wasn't the car!!!!!

OP
OP
PennyG

PennyG

Apr 21, 2014
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8MM movie. You've got a bunch that are probably family etc. That W C Fields one might be worth big bucks depending on which one it was. I'd suggest buying an 8mm projector or a editor to view them on! There's a chance there of historic events, family memories. The editors can be had cheaply because no one uses them anymore. Another reason for reviewing them is to possibly prevent an embarrassing moment......... True story! One of my buddies found a shoebox of movies in his dads workshop. He brought em over & we got a rude awakening. Guess we figured out what him & the boys were doing out in the shop and that "ole girl" wasn't the car!!!!!

Haha.. That's too funny.
I held some of the footage up and it looked to be military related.
I have an entire cedar chest full of old cameras and a few will play the 8mm. I believe my great uncle worked on cameras and radios as a hobby and was an extra in a few movies. So the story goes.
Thanks for your input [emoji4]

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you could ask Treasure_Hunter, he is the oldest guy here

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha.. That's too funny.
I held some of the footage up and it looked to be military related.
I have an entire cedar chest full of old cameras and a few will play the 8mm. I believe my great uncle worked on cameras and radios as a hobby and was an extra in a few movies. So the story goes.
Thanks for your input [emoji4]
Sounds like you've got some fun ahead! He was an extra? You might have some frames of him with someone well known. Worked with a guy that was an extra in a B movie that nobody heard of. He was selling copies of his pics from press kits like 20 years later! Funny story about him. He teed off one of the guys at work & he pranked him good. He had his girlfriend call him saying she was from an attorney that represented his old agents attorney regarding a residual check for this movie, a couple days before April Fools day. He went nuts trying to call the number for a week!!!!! The number was always busy. He didn't find out the number was to the zoo & the ladys name was the name of a monkey. The zoo put all their phones on hold the week before April Fools day so they didn't have to answer 100s of prank calls. Best prank EVER!

Seriously! sounds like you have some really good stuff there that is well worth going through thoroughly! Have fun with it! And I hope you find some real gems in it!

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think its a great find, and would spend the time looking through them all...........but that's just me.

The short answer is yes there is probably money in there, but like everything else, for the right person.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some cool old gear there Penny!
I use to do tons of photography and developed my own film. Those were the days.
Some items might be of value but you always have to find a buyer.
Good luck going through the stuff. Hope you find some treasures!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread