Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: OLD BENTWOOD BOX'S MARK THE LOST SPANISH MOUND

I thought it was a great video and what can happen when treasure hunting. Gregrocks in artifacts posted it and I told him I was going to post it here. Wonder about the guys house being destroyed? We are starting to see people make reproductions of collectable items and seed them in artifact prone areas.(see t-net section modern reproductions ,section post titled, 23 fafes in one field). I am sure in time people will be digging fake Cw buckles. It has started and the gov comes down heavy handed on the collector. I liked the attitude of the town though.
Regards,
TnMountains

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

TnMountains said:
I thought it was a great video and what can happen when treasure hunting. Gregrocks in artifacts posted it and I told him I was going to post it here. Wonder about the guys house being destroyed? We are starting to see people make reproductions of collectable items and seed them in artifact prone areas.(see t-net section modern reproductions ,section post titled, 23 fafes in one field). I am sure in time people will be digging fake Cw buckles. It has started and the gov comes down heavy handed on the collector. I liked the attitude of the town though.
Regards,
TnMountains
Yes this is really happening. Look at the amount of fake Spanish cobs showing up on our beaches. Easy to tell the difference there but the amount of reproductions being made is scary. Think of all the renaissance fair and battle reenactment items being lost.

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• budda.jpg
    budda.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 519

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I read on the first page that the English (or Vikings) didn't make it to the Pacific NW. So I thought that this might add to the confusion, especially since there's no way to prove it. (Unless some artifacts were found.) :laughing9: :laughing9:

Nova Albion
Main article: Nova Albion

Drake's landing in California, engraving published 1590 by Theodor De BryOn 17 June 1579, Drake landed somewhere north of Spain's northern-most claim at Point Loma. He found a good port, landed, repaired and restocked his vessels, then stayed for a time, keeping friendly relations with the natives. He claimed the land in the name of the Holy Trinity for the English Crown as called Nova Albion—Latin for "New Britain". Assertions that he left some of his men behind as an embryo "colony" are founded merely on the reduced number who were with him in the Moluccas.[12]

The precise location of the port was carefully guarded to keep it secret from the Spaniards, and several of Drake's maps may even have been altered to this end. All first-hand records from the voyage, including logs, paintings and charts were lost when Whitehall Palace burned in 1698. A bronze plaque inscribed with Drake's claim to the new lands -Drake's Plate of Brass- fitting the description in Drake's own account was discovered in Marin County, California, but was later declared a hoax. Another location often claimed to be Nova Albion is Whale Cove, Oregon, although to date there is no evidence to suggest this, other than a general resemblance to a single map penned a decade after the landing.

Samuel Bawlf[13] marshaled indications that "Nova Albion" was established at Comox on Vancouver Island, during an undocumented "secret voyage" north. It is known that Drake and his men sailed north from Nova Albion in search of a western opening to the Northwest Passage, a potentially valuable asset to the English at the time. During this venture the sailors accurately mapped the westward trend of the north-western corner of the North American continent, present-day British Columbia and Alaska. They had a rough voyage among the islands of the Alaskan panhandle, and were forced to turn back due to freezing weather.

Bawlf argues that Drake's ship reached 56°N, much farther north than was recorded. The reason for this false record, Bawlf writes, was for political reasons: competition with the Spanish in the Americas. Queen Elizabeth wanted to keep any information on the Northwest Passage secret, with the result that the location of Nova Albion and the highest latitude the expedition reached is still a source of controversy today. Drake's brother endured a long period of torture in South America at the hands of Spaniards, who sought intelligence from him about Francis Drake's voyage.

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

"DRAKE, NO WAY TO PROVE IT"
10 years ago my indian friend found a coin in his garden on the site of a old indian vilage. another friend took the coin to a archeologist, the guy looked at him and said, " you have proof drake was there" he phoned the gov heritage branch and told them what the arch said. the gov said "no it cant be, must have come from a coin collection."
:icon_scratch: whats wrong with this picture. :dontknow:
the canadain gov just does not want to hear, they may be wrong.
for all we know, solomons mines are sitting hidden under a blanket of trees up in the mountains of bc. if we dont look we will never know.

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

And, some respected archeologists say the equator was once close to Hudson's Bay. But you can be sure that the're not going to let the "common folk" know what really went on a million years ago. :laughing7: :laughing7:

The Native Americans call it the "Earth Changes". They happened before, and they'll happen again.

photoman33

Aug 1, 2010

since these boxes have been found deep in caves, please read this.
the spaniards cleverly used empty boxes in their death traps when burying
treasures in caves and mines. the trap in question is called a sand release trap.
they would put an empty box against the back wall of a cave to entice
an unsuspecting treasure hunter into picking up the box to see what's in it.
when removed, the box then would release a pocket of packed sand. when the sand
was released, it would create a void that would in turn upset the balance
of a huge rock or wall, thus crushing the unfortunate person who
picked up the box. from the photos, it is not known if these were part of any death traps.
however, whenever encountering an empty box in a cave or mine, there might be a
treasure hidden nearby. if you really want to check the box out, you should
tie a rope to the box, stand clear of any adjoining walls or large rocks,
then pull the box to you. and live to search for another day.

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:hello2: thanks for that photoman33, I actually don't think it was the Spanish who left the box's any more, i think it points to old viking boxes placed as markers and done by members of the Knight's Templar. :read2:
yes it points to treasure, but more important it points to a lost kingdome of bearded people who lived in America when the kindomes of Atlantis, Lemuria and Valhalla where thriving kingdomes.
the evidence is here , just look at the earrings i found, the clay mine is situated around the volcanic Creator on the sat photo that is depicted in the petroglyph in one of the solstice caves.
i am searching for a picture if a hour glass that makes up the ear piece to a Egyptian face on the wall behind the petroglyph of the Creator. be patent. :icon_scratch:

Attachments

• mdfourm4.jpg
    mdfourm4.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 785
  • crator.jpg
    crator.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 452

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

hmmm said:
:hello2: thanks for that photoman33, I actually don't think it was the Spanish who left the box's any more, i think it points to old viking boxes placed as markers and done by members of the Knight's Templar. :read2:
yes it points to treasure, but more important it points to a lost kingdome of bearded people who lived in America when the kindomes of Atlantis, Lemuria and Valhalla where thriving kingdomes.
the evidence is here , just look at the earrings i found, the clay mine is situated around the volcanic Creator on the sat photo that is depicted in the petroglyph in one of the solstice caves.
i am searching for a picture if a hour glass that makes up the ear piece to a Egyptian face on the wall behind the petroglyph of the Creator. be patent. :icon_scratch:
hmmmmm....

ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for wasting 2 hrs of my life ! My bad. Should have bailed when suggested to do so. Sounds like babble of a scientologist.

QuarterMan

Jul 5, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not sure how i found this, but i felt i should send in a quick note. Natives round here had master craftsmen. This is a native burial. BS around here is a bit much when yall mention native folks, so much that i can only give bits of my attention to large segments of this forum. Im Fist Nations of the Kwakwakawakw of the North island. Its well documented that our trade routs or "grease trails" went well far south even maybe North California long before any traders western European traders arrived. Zero historical records of any Vikings. With records that go back to the "great flood" im pretty sure they would have recorded encountering a people like that. I lived grew up with my families recorders, and i hold the rights of Hamatsa and Xwi-Xwi (chiefs dance of the Coast Salish). I stand behind my words with my earned and inheritatd titles. Some boxes are so well kept they are hundreds of years old, and many can be seen in the Vancouver Antro Museum, also in the Museums in Cape Mude, Alert Bay, and Victoria. The oldest ones i know of are in the basement of the Cape Mudge Museum my grandmother and my aunt used to run the place. Here's a video that displays some bentwood box creation by the local peoples. All the best.

QuarterMan

Jul 5, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also its very common for natives to bury their dead in boxes. More often they put their dead in boxes then up in trees, but because of grave robbing that started after euro contact they started to bury their dead more n more. sometimes in caves, or other hidden areas. Even slaves would get to be put in a box.

Sweepguy

Tenderfoot
Nov 16, 2021
PENTICTON b.c.
OLD BENTWOOD BOX'S MARK THE LOST SPANISH MOUND

I found this old box, it has not moved and may have never been seen since it was placed, hundreds of years ago. it is empty BUT HAS BONES UNDER IT AND 6 BOARDS BEHIND IT.
Its green because It has been used by otters as a bathroom. i HAVE FOUND MANY AND SOME HAVE BONES in them , i could use help figuring out the the maker of the box. i know its older then 1735 but that's all. I'm guessing its a crate of a ship, its small, 2 feet by 14 inches, it is made with dove tails and dowels , the open part is hinged [BENTWOOD] . The top, behind it, is made so its water proof when closed up. I think its a shipping crates, from an old ship. I am not going to rule out viking ship boxes.
if you are confused about the words "dem boards "pm me and i will tell you the code.

this box seems to be marking a cave that was filled in. it is just a over hang with a tiny cave behind it.
I am hoping you are still active , i am a explorer in the Similkamean areas related to the spanish incursion into the okanagan valley

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea what just occurred. These are sometimes interesting stories,but I hate all the mystery and secrecy about them.If you,re afraid some body,s gonna take them don,t write a story about it.if you,re gonna write a story don,t be so mysterious about it.I,m sure not gonna travel all the way from Arkansas to wherever this is on a half arsed story to try and steal your discovery.That said I hope it turns out to be what you wish it to be and you can recover it.I got to go unconfuse myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread