kyle369

Apr 18, 2014
Eastern Shore of MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3/4" diameter, non magnetic.

Has an interesting design on the front and peculiar tabs or something on the back.

Thanks, Kyle

DSCN0970.JPG

DSCN0971.JPG

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone have any ideas?
The reverse doesn't look like a shank scar, looks bigger, so IMO it's not a button. Went on some other object as decoration, not sure what though.

Upvote 0

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
93F1C131-8066-42E1-84E0-481F8CC444E1.jpeg . I have one similar. Mine is a button, found along with 1812 buttons.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
kyle369

kyle369

Apr 18, 2014
Eastern Shore of MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1883487 . I have one similar. Mine is a button, found along with 1812 buttons.

Interesting! I found mine in a private yard where I also had found an 1850s US state militia belt buckle. I wonder if there's any specific name for the kind of motif our buttons have; they look kind of like the spokes of a wheel?

Upvote 0

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could be a broken drawer pull or cabinet knob.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
kyle369

kyle369

Apr 18, 2014
Eastern Shore of MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this is not a button, then what is it? Also, how do I edit my own posts in a thread?

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this is not a button, then what is it? Also, how do I edit my own posts in a thread?
You can't anymore, you have to PM the MODs & ask them.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
kyle369

kyle369

Apr 18, 2014
Eastern Shore of MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone else want to share their thoughts on this thing? I'd love to hear more about whether this is a button or not, how old it might be, etc. I appreciate the responses I've gotten already.

Upvote 0

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can't anymore, you have to PM the MODs & ask them.

Maybe it's some sort of leather decoration? With two prongs on the back that went into the leather?

Also CRUSADER do you know why that is the case now? As someone who often makes typos often, this seems like a silly change to me :laughing7:

Edit: I can edit this post ???

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
kyle369

kyle369

Apr 18, 2014
Eastern Shore of MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it's some sort of leather decoration? With two prongs on the back that went into the leather?

That makes sense to me; thank you for your input. I'm surprised no one has offered any ideas on the motif on the front of the decoration. Is it a compass or a sunburst, or something else?

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Also CRUSADER do you know why that is the case now? As someone who often makes typos often, this seems like a silly change to me :laughing7:

Edit: I can edit this post ???
Its just a feature of this new platform. There will be a tecky reason, but I'm not a tecky...

Upvote 0

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Kyle369 wrote:
> How do I edit my own posts in a thread?

Kyle, due to my old-age eyesight I often have to do typo-error correction after I've made a post. The current version of TreasureNet's software gives you somewhere between 24 and 36 hours to use the Edit function on your own posts. After then, the Edit option on your post disappears. (Of course, you have to be logged in to use the Edit function.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
kyle369

kyle369

Apr 18, 2014
Eastern Shore of MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kyle369 wrote:
> How do I edit my own posts in a thread?

Kyle, due to my old-age eyesight I often have to do typo-error correction after I've made a post. The current version of TreasureNet's software gives you somewhere between 24 and 36 hours to use the Edit function on your own posts. After then, the Edit option on your post disappears. (Of course, you have to be logged in to use the Edit function.)

Thanks for answering my question on that. I'm hoping someone will come along with some more info on my button/stud so I can mark it as solved.

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for answering my question on that. I'm hoping someone will come along with some more info on my button/stud so I can mark it as solved.
In this particular case, I'm not sure your get that perfect answer. But I've been surprised before, if your going to get the answer this is the best place on the net.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
kyle369

kyle369

Apr 18, 2014
Eastern Shore of MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In this particular case, I'm not sure your get that perfect answer. But I've been surprised before, if your going to get the answer this is the best place on the net.

I'm hoping for a nice surprise as well, I've had great experiences with Treasurenet before and that's why I continue to post my finds on the site. :)

Upvote 0

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Likely, Tombac, yet the back of the "button" seems like a Broche or somehing pined-on type attachment, not sewn-on
...sorry for misspelling !

Upvote 0
OP
OP
kyle369

kyle369

Apr 18, 2014
Eastern Shore of MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Likely, Tombac, yet the back of the "button" seems like a Broche or somehing pined-on type attachment, not sewn-on
...sorry for misspelling !

No worries about the spelling, we were just talking on this thread about Treasurenet's post edit function! ;) Thanks for your input; on the Garrett Ace 250 it reads as a gold/bronze/pulltab signal just a tab to the left of a penny signal, if this helps confirm it being Tombac let me know :)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread