✅ SOLVED Old copper ring. Any ideas on age or origin?

TannersHatch

Jan 18, 2021
Brighton, UK
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello

You guys are great. you give me so much help with this stuff. here is an old copper ring I found. Bit squished. Lovely green patina and an interesting design I thought. bit like a belt but without a buckle. Any ideas?

20210218_211842.jpg 20210218_212310.jpg

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably one of those cheap rings they gave as prizes at carnivals in the mid 20th C.

Upvote 0

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably one of those cheap rings they gave as prizes at carnivals in the mid 20th C.

Maybe a little older than mid-20th. These 'buckle rings' were popular around the turn of the 20th C.

Today, as it was in the Victorian Era, the buckle ring symbolizes the sentimental, binding love between the giver and the wearer of the ring. The interlocking belt and the buckle represents how perfectly the suitors are attuned to one another. Aside from eternal binding love, the buckle ring was also seen as a symbol of unbreakable loyalty and enduring memory. After the death of a family member or friend, wearing a buckle ring served as a tangible connection to the deceased and comforted those grieving by keeping memories of the lost loved one alive.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread