Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup , lots of rural homes didn't have interior plumbing until the 1940's - especially if they were in the "deep holler"

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh yea.... it had one, two, three...... more! Get the point. Was this home in the country, suburbs or city at the time... any idea?

OP
OP
I

itzyoboyandrew

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we live right behind the city hall, so i guess you could say were in the "city" LOL

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
we live right behind the city hall, so i guess you could say were in the "city" LOL

Ok.... good info. Now dig within city hall or wherever and find out when your city install the earliest sewer system. But I'd bet your home has privy's.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
About 25 years ago my wife and I went to look at a home for sale that had an out-house. Talk about remote! And this was in Tioga County, New York. Hardly the frontier. It wasn't even a deep pit - just a lime tray (which apparently was OK with the zoning). Ugh! Pretty much a hunting cabin they were marketing as a "rural three bedroom with 25 acres."

Just depends where and what the local ordinances are. Have any Amish folks nearby?

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
outhouse4.jpg

We still use ours every day.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Still COMMON in the 1960's in the rural areas
Start probing the dirt to see if there's a bottle two hiding.

OP
OP
I

itzyoboyandrew

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i found it... unfortunately.. its under a big tree -.- have foudn several bottles... all broke on the way out (its hard digging underneath a 50 yo tree)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread