sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro/DP, fisher gold bug 2, Garrett ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still at the same park where I just dug the 1921-D Merc. Dug a 50 signal and pulled a small transit token. This is the second one of these I've got at this park, but I didn't bother to post the first. However, I'm a little more curious to what era this may be from. I did a little research with my first and found some similar looking ones from other cities that dated from either the 1930s or 40s. Ehh, just want to see if anyone has any good info on these! Thanks!

P.S. I didn't rub it ;)

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486672310.838977.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486672333.766822.jpg

One side (I'm guessing the obverse) says "Fresno transit" and the reverse says, "F.U.S.D. H.S." (I'm assuming Fresno unified school district / high school)

Upvote 9

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Pro-Pointer AT, Stealth 720i Hybrid
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beats a pop top any day of the week.

No info, but it's cool- good condition too

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice token!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could date back to when the Fresno transit had the trolley system probably need to find the city historian to see if it dates back that far.Very cool regional piece.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi young man we met a while ago nice find go get umm.

Aug 5, 2015
Detector(s) used
Entry level POS that I found in the thickets along a river.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey now!

Are you posting your finds in real time from the hunt site?

Nice finds!

Garypederson

Aug 4, 2020
Payson, Az, Avila beach, Ca, Naples, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug & Whites Spectra 3vi & Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still at the same park where I just dug the 1921-D Merc. Dug a 50 signal and pulled a small transit token. This is the second one of these I've got at this park, but I didn't bother to post the first. However, I'm a little more curious to what era this may be from. I did a little research with my first and found some similar looking ones from other cities that dated from either the 1930s or 40s. Ehh, just want to see if anyone has any good info on these! Thanks!

P.S. I didn't rub it ;)

View attachment 1412525
View attachment 1412526

One side (I'm guessing the obverse) says "Fresno transit" and the reverse says, "F.U.S.D. H.S." (I'm assuming Fresno unified school district / high school)

P.S. I didn't rub it ;)

View attachment 1412525
View attachment 1412526

Just came from elementary school on 1st in Fresno. Found a nice fresno transit. Reverse says one fare.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

P.S. I didn't rub it ;)

View attachment 1412525
View attachment 1412526

Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread