Old gun

zztop357

Jun 9, 2007
This was found in an old house being tore down out side of Mountain View Ar. The locals wouldn't tell my daughters boyfriend anything about the house or who lived there because he's from up North.... ::) I know it's a Iver-Johnson, made between 1895 and 1898. I checked... I can still get parts for it ;D good hunting :thumbsup: zztop

Attachments

• resized gun.jpg
    resized gun.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 3,246
  • resized gun2.jpg
    resized gun2.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 3,293
Upvote 0

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. Is the cylinder missing or is just removed? I wouldn't have told him anything about the house either, you know how those northerners are. :wink: I just thought of one of the best compliments I've received. A gentlemen from the south told me I was "allright, in fact if the north and south were still fighting and I was down there he wouldn't shoot me".

OP
OP
Z

zztop357

Jun 9, 2007
WSD Yes it is a nice gun. The parts to fix it will be under $100.00 too. I think the holster is worth that.

OP
OP
Z

zztop357

Jun 9, 2007
Digginthepast, The cylinder is missing.I think it is a 6 shot though. It was in the holster when found so I kinda wonder if some *hung* up their gun?
As for not shooting you ;D That was a compliment :D I have a bil from Detroit and hes not too bad.LOL Besides that good manners and friendship are Nationwide. ;D
zztop

ink-a-alot

Dec 14, 2008
East Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
zztop357 said:
Digginthepast, The cylinder is missing.I think it is a 6 shot though. It was in the holster when found so I kinda wonder if some *hung* up their gun?
As for not shooting you ;D That was a compliment :D I have a bil from Detroit and hes not too bad.LOL Besides that good manners and friendship are Nationwide. ;D
zztop
Duzz your pistol have a picture of a hoot owl on it..

OP
OP
Z

zztop357

Jun 9, 2007
Most of the people here don't even like other people from Arkansas.....They want the tourist to come in leave their money and go home ??? I mentioned something about not seeing any Blacks or Hispanics there :icon_scratch: I was informed that they wouldn't be welcome there.This kind of prejudice is very upsetting to me. I was brought up to see people NOT skin color or handicaps. My Mom and Dad would roll over in their graves if they knew this :o I had several ask about my ancestors.......I always say" I don;t know what my ancestors did...Do you?"
There are still some prejudiced people in this world and they can be any race or any religion .
God bless and HH. zztop. P.S. It was close to 69F. here today!

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: awsome find ,get a new cylinder for it an enjoy it .Iver johnson actualy started off building peddle bikes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread