Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday Amigos

The old gold fields still yields some huge nuggets from time to time.

A Victorian man has struck gold, unearthing a "colossal" nugget worth $250,000 that he first thought was an old horseshoe.

attachment.php

The lucky prospector found the 4kg nugget just one day after he discovered a nine-ounce tennis ball-sized chunk in the same area - a worked-over section at the far southern edge of Central Victoria's Golden Triangle.

attachment.php

"I thought it was rubbish at first," said the man, who wished to remain anonymous.
"About 12 inches below the ground, I could just barely make out the top of something.
"As I began to scrape away the clay and dig deeper, I really couldn't believe my eyes - this wasn't an old piece of steel in front of me."

Well it was a lucky horseshoe indeed amigos.

Crow

Attachments

• 3d0f82dbf0850afbbb279a8758e7ffe1.jpg
    3d0f82dbf0850afbbb279a8758e7ffe1.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 303
  • 3_gallery.jpg
    3_gallery.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 306

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a story, but What-a-Whopper...! :icon_thumright:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn ! ! !

And to think he almost had a horseshoe... drat... oh well.

Another rock... bah !

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
every time i think I have a shoe in the hole.....I have a shoe in the hole. What am I doing wrong:laughing7:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This makes me want to go horse shoe hunting. What a find.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep finding those type of heavy rocks... i just leave em in situ... and cover back up.

I never find horseshoes... :(

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I keep finding those type of heavy rocks... i just leave em in situ... and cover back up.

I never find horseshoes... :(

Na I leave those kiddy little ones in ground too!:tongue3:

attachment.php

Crow

Attachments

• A12.JPG
    A12.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 199

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Come on Crow, do you know what your doing to a guy that has just discovered gold fever , your killing me with these story's.

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Come on Crow, do you know what your doing to a guy that has just discovered gold fever , your killing me with these story's.

Gidday Amigo

Well this next yarn might be a killer also.

So my apologies in Advance.

It is rarely known many of the first 49ers from the Californian gold rush several thousand came down under to mine gold. Many of their decedents still live down under today.

What is rarely known is a story of golden horseshoes? The story of the famous Golden Horseshoes, we are always met with a half cocked smile and one raised eyebrow. "Did this really happen?" they always ask. And the answer is YES!.

Daniel Cameron became a councillor in the gold rush town of Beechworth in the ovens goldfield region.

In the Beechworth gold rush, the councillor had solid 24 carat gold horseshoes made for his horse. He rode down the street in his finest clothes, on a horse wearing the fanciest, most expensive golden horseshoes ever worn, in the hope he was voted in after that. A extravagant outrageous gesture was to show the significance they had so much gold they could shoe their horses in the stuff.

attachment.php

When not being worn at the Easter Parade, they are on display at Beechworth Gold and they are always happy to retell the story of the Golden Horseshoes to all of their visitors.

So amigos finding those horseshoes would not be bad after all?

Crow

Attachments

• 55c00d_4d04c691e0774e4182a973eb18a15f8a~mv2_d_4691_2968_s_4_2.jpg
    55c00d_4d04c691e0774e4182a973eb18a15f8a~mv2_d_4691_2968_s_4_2.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 123

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gidday Amigo

Well this next yarn might be a killer also.

So my apologies in Advance.

It is rarely known many of the first 49ers from the Californian gold rush several thousand came down under to mine gold. Many of their decedents still live down under today.

What is rarely known is a story of golden horseshoes? The story of the famous Golden Horseshoes, we are always met with a half cocked smile and one raised eyebrow. "Did this really happen?" they always ask. And the answer is YES!.

Daniel Cameron became a councillor in the gold rush town of Beechworth in the ovens goldfield region.

In the Beechworth gold rush, the councillor had solid 24 carat gold horseshoes made for his horse. He rode down the street in his finest clothes, on a horse wearing the fanciest, most expensive golden horseshoes ever worn, in the hope he was voted in after that. A extravagant outrageous gesture was to show the significance they had so much gold they could shoe their horses in the stuff.

attachment.php

When not being worn at the Easter Parade, they are on display at Beechworth Gold and they are always happy to retell the story of the Golden Horseshoes to all of their visitors.

So amigos finding those horseshoes would not be bad after all?

Crow

Hola Crow amigo

That is one lucky horseshoe!

Kanacki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread