Old house yeilds 1909-S Lincoln and a nice ALLIS-CHALMERS Watch Fob...!!!!!!

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Fort LeonardWood, Missouri
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT
Got permission to hunt an old home today and turned out an 1909-S Lincoln (that's still soaking so I can see if it has the V.D.B on the back) and the best watch fob that I've ever found. I knew the place would turn out some nice stuff since all I was finding were mason jar lids....Tell me something folks, am I the only one that keeps the porcelain sealers?????? I was talking to relikhunter earlier and he says he keeps them too.... Are we keeping junk??? I keep all the intact ones that I find.... I know they can't be worth anything right?????? Well, anyway.......the house didn't produce like I thought because there was tons of trash everywhere. Not new trash mind you but the likes of old tin cans, the mason jar lids, roofing tin, and nails. I know there has too be silver there and probably some Indians of so...I'll have to take my small coil up there, per advice of my good bud relikhunter, and try it. Maybe that will help..... Besides the 09 wheatie and the fob I only found one more coin and it was a 37 wheatie. Oh, after Alex and I called it a day and turned the detectors off I found a couple good points on the creek beside the house. The land owner gave us some history of the house before we hunted and also said that he finds points and pieces of points on his property and in the creek bed every time he goes out too look. So, Alex and I decided to give it a try. Lucked up on the two points (they weren't beautiful) but they were full points.... We gave them too the land owner. He couldn't believe that we were giving them too him. Ofcourse that sealed the deal that I could come back and hunt anytime we like... Always nice to give something back right??????
The watch fob pic came out pretty good except for the bottom.... It reads, ROAD MACHINERY and below that it has the same symbol that's at the top which is the diamond with A-C in it. The back reads, ALLIS-CHALMERS, TRACTOR DIVISION, MILWAUKEE USA, METAL ARTS CO, ROCH N.Y...... I'm guessing that ROCH is Rochester.. If anyone has any info on the fob please feel free to send it... Can anyone give me an age on it?????
Enjoy the pic folks....

ridge runner

Attachments

• watch fob 1.JPG
    watch fob 1.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 1,063
Upvote 0

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the finds. I hope the V.D.B. is there...

relikhunter

Jul 17, 2006
S.E. kansas
Detector(s) used
whites dfx garrett gtp 1350
:o Hey buddy now i'm the one jealous!Awesome looking watchfob.Sure hope the wheaie is a vgb.I'd be hitting that site again soon.Use that small coil it'll make a difference.Wished i would've been there to hunt it with ya.Congrat's on the points also.What you need to do,is just turn alex loose in there for awhile.That's the luckiest kid i've ever saw in my life.Take care of yourself and i'll be talking to ya........rh

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Smooth move on the point's to the landowner Ridge and Congrat's on the S.....keep us posted for V.D.B.How old is the Fob do you think....I like it.Congrat's and HH!!

relikhunter

Jul 17, 2006
S.E. kansas
Detector(s) used
Hey gibbs is Alis Charmers still in production?Seem like i heard they sold out or went b-rupt??Can't remember spent many hours on a old allis charmer here in ks.There used to be a dealer in my home town when i was a little kid.......rh

OP
OP
ridge_runner

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT
civilman1 said:
Smooth move on the point's to the landowner Ridge and Congrat's on the S.....keep us posted for V.D.B.How old is the Fob do you think....I like it.Congrat's and HH!!

Hey Civilman,

Don't know the age on the FOB....I was hoping someone would be able to tell me. If I had too guess I'd say 30's but that's just a non-expert type guess....And maybe a little wishful thinking!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!

RR

OP
OP
ridge_runner

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT
relikhunter said:
Hey gibbs is Alis Charmers still in production?Seem like i heard they sold out or went b-rupt??Can't remember spent many hours on a old allis charmer here in ks.There used to be a dealer in my home town when i was a little kid.......rh

Hey RH,

Check out this website. You were asking gibbs about A-C, maybe this will cure your curiosity. It's got some interesting info on A-C..... http://www.allischalmers.com

rr

relikhunter

Jul 17, 2006
S.E. kansas
Detector(s) used
Man i wish i had your know how for research.I'm from the old school.If it's look's like a good spot then hunt it.........ha ha.....g-nite rr out for the count........hh rh

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
RR, you had a great day, nice looking fob.
I didn't realize you were at Ft. LW, my son graduated from there this past nov. if I would have known I would have looked you up, oh well, maybe next time

Sniffer

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Good looking fob. Glad you got out. The trash you found there is the same type of trash I was finding at the homestead I sometimes go to. Lots of mason jar lids and pieces of tin. Lots of metal trash of the period. So like you, I believe there has to be silver, but I have yet to find a coin. Did find a badge of some sort. Gonna crawl into the root cellar next time, hope I don't get stuck. And congrats on the points...

vegasmtl

Jan 11, 2006
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bullseye II
That is a cool fob! Even if the wheat doesn't have the VDB, it is still a good one, one that probably lots of us don't have in our binders.
Congrats
vegasmtl

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RR,
Congrats on that great AC fob. My Dad and Grandfather both works at the AC plant in our hometown of LaPorte, Ind.
My Grandfather was the safety director there. The factory had been sitting vacant for many, many years, and they just leveled it last year to make room for new development. My buddy got me two bricks from the plant. One red clay one from the front entrance, and then a white (porcelain ?) one from the large chimney. The white ones were used to spell out "Allis Chalmers".
Very cool find.
-MM-

Attachments

• Allis_Chalmers_Manuf.jpg
    Allis_Chalmers_Manuf.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 793

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RR, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you on the flip side of that "S" Lincoln :o

Good luck!
watercolor

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Way to go their RR. I have gotten a lot better about just asking people about hunting. The last person told me, "You can hunt here but I don't think you will find anything," 4 silvers, 4 wheats and some clad then two more wheats on the next trip just goes to show you never know.

Hope you have some initials on the back of that penny.

OP
OP
ridge_runner

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT
Hey all,

Thanks for the replies and comments. I'm very proud of the Watch Fob. I haven't received any info or age related inquiries yet but I know there's someone out there that knows something about watch fobs.... As far as the 09-S sadly it's not an V.D.B....well too bad. Maybe next time. Although it wasn't an V.D.B.....I'm still happy to've found it. It's truly one of the most sought after Lincolns. As I said that makes my 7th 09-S Lincoln (all missing the V.D.B.) but I do have an 09-S that's still as good as the Lincoln, well almost.... About 5 years ago I was hunting Ft. Lewis which is in Washington and dug an 09-S Indian!!!! My best KEY DATE so far.... That dude lists for $450.00 in good condition so I'll have to be content with that 09-S until Vernon comes along...!!!!

Happy Hunting all,

rr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread