Cape Hunter

May 17, 2019
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Wednesday I was out in the woods following old trails detecting and ended up next to a very small pond that is not named on any maps. There is a rise in the trail and and a nice view of the pond. I Started detecting and right away found a old tombac button. So started searching off path and found a root cellar well out of view from the trail. Problem was I needed to head back home so I did a quick search. Next to the cellar I found this nice small decorative buckle. Maybe for a woman's or child's shoe? Next was a coin, but very worn. I was happy so headed home. Coin is a GB King William III. Wish it was in better condition. Headed home and assumed this cellar has not been detected before.

Two days later went back to spend a couple of hours. Found quite a few items in that short order. Two coins this time. A first for me, King Louis of France 1 Sol no date on back. Condition pretty good though. Then found a 1803 Draped Bust large cent. I seem to have luck finding these coins. This one is nice on the back but front has wear. But could read the date. Then lots more buttons. Owner must have been a Dandy button fan. By 1800 they were out of style. Maybe it was a old coat. Another two Trefid spoon handles. Others handles I found in the area probably from this homestead as well. Cool pewter spoon is not like anything I have found to date. I wondered if the thin pewter handle slid into a wood handle. Seems very narrow. Strange round with a square hole I have no idea, not a Oriental coin which I first thought. Loads of iron signals. Dug a iron hoe will post that later. Be heading back to the spot next week. See what else turns up. Thanks for looking, Bill

Attachments

• Day one near root cellar.jpg
    Day one near root cellar.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 102
  • day two near root cellar.jpg
    day two near root cellar.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 49
  • louis XVI.jpg
    louis XVI.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 51
  • louis XVI back.jpg
    louis XVI back.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 1803 front.jpg
    1803 front.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 1803  back.jpg
    1803 back.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 48
Upvote 14

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
''Strange round with a square hole''

It a small furniture piece from the late 18th C. The drawer pull/drop went through it.

OP
OP
Cape Hunter

Cape Hunter

May 17, 2019
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, thanks, that's a good guess. I'm sure I will find more next trip. Need to bring my 6" coil as the ground clutter is high.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, thanks, that's a good guess. I'm sure I will find more next trip. Need to bring my 6" coil as the ground clutter is high.
Not a guess..lol (this time anyway)

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice ...Congratulations on your beautiful recoveries

Top Member Reactions