Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a cove on the CT coast in the Long Island sound this afternoon with CTdirtdigger. First time here and since the area was closed to clamming, we of course got checked by the CT F&W. He got a chuckle seeing two guys in the water detecting for the first time in 17 yrs, in an area he patrols daily. That told us it could be virgin ground. Targets were few and far between, even trash was hard to come by. The highlight of the day was this Masonic ring I found. Looks like old gold. No Karat mark, but it has a hallmark stamp (bird with two arrows??) which I can't find anywhere. Help anybody? Also the letters E.W.B. engraved inside. Would love an estimate on the age, and the hallmark.
First time in the water for '19, first gold of the year, first old gold. Good start.

Attachments

• P6301128.JPG
    P6301128.JPG
    674.8 KB · Views: 144
  • P6301131.JPG
    P6301131.JPG
    589 KB · Views: 172
  • P6301132.JPG
    P6301132.JPG
    607.1 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 0

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well Done on the Masonic Ring.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I have one similar, found on a beach that dated around the 20's...my guess on the date I would say your is in the same time line, but something to consider also..they made it a law in 1907 that all gold made in the USA had to be stamped with a purity mark...that would put yours older then the 20's. Very nice find, and something I've been asked over and over...."We Mason's like to get our rings back" .......so be ready..

OBN0356.jpg

ROIGuy

Jun 9, 2019
Palos Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600/ Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A beautiful find... Congrats..

Hit a cove on the CT coast in the Long Island sound this afternoon with CTdirtdigger. First time here and since the area was closed to clamming, we of course got checked by the CT F&W. He got a chuckle seeing two guys in the water detecting for the first time in 17 yrs, in an area he patrols daily. That told us it could be virgin ground. Targets were few and far between, even trash was hard to come by. The highlight of the day was this Masonic ring I found. Looks like old gold. No Karat mark, but it has a hallmark stamp (bird with two arrows??) which I can't find anywhere. Help anybody? Also the letters E.W.B. engraved inside. Would love an estimate on the age, and the hallmark.
First time in the water for '19, first gold of the year, first old gold. Good start.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every Pirate has his price right Joe? lol. I really like the old stuff.......nice find.

OP
OP
TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one similar, found on a beach that dated around the 20's...my guess on the date I would say your is in the same time line, but something to consider also..they made it a law in 1907 that all gold made in the USA had to be stamped with a purity mark...that would put yours older then the 20's. Very nice find, and something I've been asked over and over...."We Mason's like to get our rings back" .......so be ready..

100+ years old?! I have a feeling MR. E.W.B. was buried without it.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice ring, congrats :icon_thumleft:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad's initials are EBR. Is that close enough? :laughing7:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet ring, congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread