Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi everyone hope things are looking up! Went dumplarking in Utah then hit a few totlots on the way home with detector so found a strange conglomeration of stuff. One of the totlots was loaded with clad almost like it had never been detected. The little chain is silver and the bar with date on it is very heavy although looks too shiny (Chromy almost) to be silver although it is attached to the silver chain. Transit token was probably my favorite find of day near the old road paralleling I-70. The phone made me giggle, I even checked the change slot, no dice there! Bye.

Attachments

• crumbling.JPG
    crumbling.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1236.JPG
    IMG_1236.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 58
  • pile.JPG
    pile.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 60
  • jewelry.JPG
    jewelry.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 63
  • .925 mark.JPG
    .925 mark.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 56
  • rocks slag.JPG
    rocks slag.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1237.JPG
    IMG_1237.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
  • true relic.JPG
    true relic.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
  • continental heelplate cleaned.JPG
    continental heelplate cleaned.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Upvote 15

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice two prong fork! But I must ask, did the payphone have a dial tone? I know you checked. The question is, did you check the coin return slot before or after checking for a dial tone? :tongue3:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone hope things are looking up! Went dumplarking in Utah then hit a few totlots on the way home with detector so found a strange conglomeration of stuff. One of the totlots was loaded with clad almost like it had never been detected. The little chain is silver and the bar with date on it is very heavy although looks too shiny (chromy almost) to be silver even though it is attached to the silver chain. Transit token was probably my favorite find of day near the old road paralleling I-70. The phone made me giggle, I even checked the change slot, no dice there! Bye.
Nice!!!! Congrats!!!’

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice two prong fork! But I must ask, did the payphone have a dial tone? I know you checked. The question is, did you check the coin return slot before or after checking for a dial tone? :tongue3:
thank you eyeball relic hunting is so fun! Answer to the query: After, as I can be quite nim-rodish at times (surprised a hypodermic wasn't in there) ....no dial tone btw take care miner :happy3:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been down that old road a few times as I would spend over the years many a night in Green River and start the morning drive east with coffee in hand and a slow and peaceful drive down that old highway. Pay phones, I had a bead on just about were all the quick and easy accessible ones were back before cell phones came along on the roadways of Colorado, Wyoming, Nevada, Utah, New Mexico, West Texas and Arizona were hung. Had that 8 digit call card number memorized. Also knew which pay phones to avoid, due to them being a hangout of pan handlers

Attachments

• utah GR 2.jpg
    utah GR 2.jpg
    692.9 KB · Views: 22
  • utah GR 3.jpg
    utah GR 3.jpg
    892.2 KB · Views: 15
  • utah GR 4.jpg
    utah GR 4.jpg
    956.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(surprised a hypodermic wasn't in there)
The thought of a payphone coin return slot being booby-trapped with needles, broken glass, or worse is STILL the FIRST THING I think of when I see a payphone before cautiously checking the slot. I don't know where this idea came from as I've never heard of anyone being hurt by the slot nor have I ever got jabbed by one myself. Must just be one of those things in our collective thought processing :laughing7::icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Been down that old road a few times as I would spend over the years many a night in Green River and start the morning drive east with coffee in hand and a slow and peaceful drive down that old highway. Pay phones, I had a bead on just about were all the quick and easy accessible ones were back before cell phones came along on the roadways of Colorado, Wyoming, Nevada, Utah, New Mexico, West Texas and Arizona were hung. Had that 8 digit call card number memorized. Also knew which pay phones to avoid, due to them being a hangout of pan handlers
Green River is a very cool place. Love that story thinking I'd spill my coffee all over myself lots of potholes now but probably wasn't always that way :coffee2:. I really just started exploring this part of the country a few years ago (born and raised in Northern Virginia) and I'm loving every minute of it...desolation is beautiful to me I guess because I'm thinking of going 'off grid' somewhere in the four-corner region eventually. Take care.

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The thought of a payphone coin return slot being booby-trapped with needles, broken glass, or worse is STILL the FIRST THING I think of when I see a payphone before cautiously checking the slot. I don't know where this idea came from as I've never heard of anyone being hurt by the slot nor have I ever got jabbed by one myself. Must just be one of those things in our collective thought processing :laughing7::icon_thumleft:
Half of our imaginations in the US were cooked up in a hollywood basement it seems...lol. You gotta check though could be a silver denarius in there mmm hmm, sadly and seriously though I really am finding (and disposing) of more and more hypodermic needles and glass crack style pipes in the tot lots as of late.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Half of our imaginations in the US were cooked up in a hollywood basement it seems...lol. You gotta check though could be a silver denarius in there mmm hmm, sadly and seriously though I really am finding (and disposing) of more and more hypodermic needles and glass crack style pipes in the tot lots as of late.
I know what you mean, I've seen many needles on the river banks lately and on several occasions saw what I could only imagine were bags of drugs people flushed down their toilets that then overflowed into the river. One was a big ziplock bag full of white powder which was water logged from being in the river, almost certain it was cocaine - alot of cocaine. Didn't touch it for obvious reasons. Also black heroin in little bags, and crack rocks, very common to see in the smaller bags washed up on the river from the sewer overflow after storms. Luckily criminals don't have hobbies like this or they'll probably find all these things and try to resell them only to find out later they were selling asbestos dust or anthrax spores and get taken out by the FBI or criminal cartels. :headbang:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Green River is a very cool place. Love that story thinking I'd spill my coffee all over myself lots of potholes now but probably wasn't always that way :coffee2:. I really just started exploring this part of the country a few years ago (born and raised in Northern Virginia) and I'm loving every minute of it...desolation is beautiful to me I guess because I'm thinking of going 'off grid' somewhere in the four-corner region eventually. Take care.
It all looks like a lot of nothing out there now, but during the hight of the Cold War there was the site of the Green River Launch Complex
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_River_Launch_Complex I never looked around were it once was, but always wanted to.

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know what you mean, I've seen many needles on the river banks lately and on several occasions saw what I could only imagine were bags of drugs people flushed down their toilets that then overflowed into the river. One was a big ziplock bag full of white powder which was water logged from being in the river, almost certain it was cocaine - alot of cocaine. Didn't touch it for obvious reasons. Also black heroin in little bags, and crack rocks, very common to see in the smaller bags washed up on the river from the sewer overflow after storms. Luckily criminals don't have hobbies like this or they'll probably find all these things and try to resell them only to find out later they were selling asbestos dust or anthrax spores and get taken out by the FBI or criminal cartels. :headbang:
At least we are cleaning some of it up before the kiddos get their paws on it:angel2:

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It all looks like a lot of nothing out there now, but during the hight of the Cold War there was the site of the Green River Launch Complex
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_River_Launch_Complex I never looked around were it once was, but always wanted to.
thank you Tamrock...I shall explore it and let you know. Might be awhile I'm sort of strapped at the moment but that can change fast. Happy hunting!

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great bunch of finds there! The bar on the silver chain could be rhodium plated silver, it has a chromey kind of look to it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread