Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those all appear to be flat, so what the heck....I just don't know ARC. Let's hope its the real deal.....strange how the back has another cross applied to it....almost like it was repaired.....looks like the front top ear of the cross was repaired??

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AND... i will also add......... this could be much older than 1715... or from completely other wreck... or... and or.... and or...... :P

Many times things found on a shipwreck are much older than the wreck time... things owned by passengers or crew may have been passed down or traded for... or bought... or whatever long before the fateful voyage that deposited it there.

MAny dont factor this in... this has been called..."thinking outside the box" in some circles :)

OP
OP
M

Martinm1

Jun 21, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those all appear to be flat, so what the heck....I just don't know ARC. Let's hope its the real deal.....strange how the back has another cross applied to it....almost like it was repaired.....looks like the front top ear of the cross was repaired??
You might be right about that repair idea! The cross on the back just seems odd. That's a good observation

OP
OP
M

Martinm1

Jun 21, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My red flag ... the main one... is the lack of any encrustation IN the grooves.

The "sand polishing" theory would have still left some trace of debris in those grooves,,, i think even in a tumbler... but ? who knows... first time for everything.
Well I found the item in a place not exactly on the beach but it looks very clean. Living in vero beach I can tell ya, people here wear coins from the wreck on their necks all the time. Its literally like a fashion statement here, im just wondering if this was a real artifact of religious importance from the wreck that someone had been wearing recently and lost. I personally would never wear something so special outside but people do

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hasn't been cleaned.....found at the beach.....no encrustation.....not old. Has anyone ever found a silver something that's been in the ocean for over 200 year and had it look clean like that? I've found silver rings that have only been in the ocean for a year that are crusty and gray/black.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im leaning toward a repaired modern piece....the silver repair on the back is more than likely covering the hallmark....to much torch work !! That being said im by no means sure of anything....also the craftsmanship of the older pieces seems even more detailed in most cases....I hope im wrong so I can vote banner on it....my final answer....undecided !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread