Old stores with indian artifact displays and art

Force_of_Iron

Aug 19, 2019
Formerly Ohio, now south
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just returned from Ludington Mich. There was a store there built like a fort many years ago. It had well executed oil paintings of Indian scenes all along the length of its exterior (it was big). It was very memorable to me as a child but now gone. I suppose the art was saved but who knows.... don't know when t was destroyed, its gone now.

It got me thinking about other stores with neat Indian items.

There was a store in Xenia Ohio called Donges drug store. It had a lot of artifact boards along the walls with hundreds if not over a thousand cool points. Its been closed up for several years.

Another was in Branson Missouri. A general store away from the tourist area up the hill in the old town. The place was lined with artifacts and paintings of WW2 airplanes. One frame had at least 18 spear points by my memory.

I should have taken pictures of these places but never thought to.

I suppose now we have phones if I come across another I will photograph them for posterity before they are all gone.

Anyone know of any hideaway locations like these?

Any info on the above mentioned places?

Upvote 0

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My grandpa owned a tavern from '49-'62. He let a local collector put frames of arrowheads on the wall. I was a little kid and barely remember them. No telling what ever happened to them. Gary

PullTabSlayer

Jan 31, 2017
Troy Missouri
Detector(s) used
That one I grab for the day.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Castles convenient store just down the road here from me has thousands of points displayed on the walls, very cool place.

OP
OP
Force_of_Iron

Force_of_Iron

Aug 19, 2019
Formerly Ohio, now south
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obviously they are privately owned shops that makes them rarer and rarer by there vey nature. Its a form of Americana. That's weird a convienience store has stuff hanging about. I've never seen a convienience store with anything interesting in all my years that I can remember.

I'm guessing that since most points aren't real valuable most frames are robbed of the key pieces when these things are broken up.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are ever near Galax Virginia, look up Harmans Boot & Clothing Store on Hwy 58. He has one room that is around 30 x 60 that is his private Indian Relic & Civil War Museum and it is FREE!

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few years the old lumber mill there in Galax was filled with Old engines, antique trucks, buggies and a lot more. Probably gone now.
If you are ever near Galax Virginia, look up Harmans Boot & Clothing Store on Hwy 58. He has one room that is around 30 x 60 that is his private Indian Relic & Civil War Museum and it is FREE!

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Harley Museum in Asheboro, NC also has some great Indian relics on the walls. It also has some nice Harleys if you are into the off brand stuff. INDIANS FOREVER!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions