Old Whites GMT

The68

Mar 3, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an old Whites GMT. Board is fried. Bought a replacement from Centreville unfortunately they sent me a seemingly incompatible board at least not without some additional work/parts. I’m wondering if it will still work, it seems as though it’s a much nicer board however as can be seen from the photos I would need to acquire new terminations since the new ones are very different. Old board is 505-0224 (C) new board is 505-0262-A. I don’t even know if Centreville could find the original since it seems to be very old. Hopefully someone who is more familiar with repairs could offer advice. Thanks! 470B0E78-6132-4306-A447-CAEA99D7F770.jpeg

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Workmanship and component placement is much nicer on that new board. I'd check with Centreville about the needed connectors. Maybe you can remove the connectors from your old board, and install them onto the new board?
Jim

OP
OP
T

The68

Mar 3, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. I think it would be easier to replace the terminal ends on the wiring to match the board though. I sent Centreville an email letting them know what was up, we’ll see what they say. My main concern is the control screen being compatible with the new board. I may have to request the other components and do a full electronics upgrade to whichever components go to this board. I imagine all the pots switches etc. are the same.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'd be surprised if the control screen didn't work with the new board.
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread