Older property(probably 60s) for sale

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
I would ask the owner, since it is still his property. The realtor is only selling it for the owner.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
technically speaking the realtor cannot make any decisions about the property other than when to show it. he is just an agent and unless the agent has permission to give permission, which he probably doesn't, ask the owner , or.....hit and run!....but cover your holes. the realtor probably won't give you the name and number of the owner for such endeavours. instead, look up the address at your counties local tax office website, then reverse look-up the address to obtain the phone number. that easy. if they are listed with a land line you will find them that way.

GL and HH!

indepmo

Aug 6, 2006
Independence, MO
I've not had luck with properties for sale. I always talk to the owner, but they seem
to be nervous about someone "digging up their property" when it's for sale.

I've hit a couple of times, but had more rejections than approvals. It never hurts to ask!

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In that case wait for the dirt work to begin. Equipment rolling around will tear up the soil and make it easier to dig in some spots. Hit and Run, man.

Lc_102

Jul 15, 2006
Springfield MO
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 DI Pro Plus
( TO: willdigforfood)

I found my counties tax office website (which is awsome, I never knew something like that existed) But the question is, once you find out who owns the property, how do you find thier phone number?

Can you find it from the tax site, or do you have to look it up in the phone book? ???

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'v done this in the past.

I Contacted the Realtor Via EMail and told them Who I was, What I do,
and asked How I would go about getting Permission.

and the Realtor gave the owner My EMail address.

The owner contacted me and gave me permission.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions