Omg, never again!

H

Holly_squirrel

I been totally dying for an old abandoned home to detect. Well a farmhouse that must been a real beauty in its day has been decaying off a main highway for years n years . Today I thought screw it, I'm swinging by And gonna detect. It's been ransacked so many times.
I pull in with my truck and realize I can't turn around. And I can't see to back out on a major highway . Brand new friggin truck and I get wedged... Took me a half hour to move stuff out of tbe way to just be able to turn around. And even tben, I had to pull into briars and trees and trash . I got out and Everything lit up the detector... Rocks, dirt, coal, foil of every kind. . It was hopeless.
I go down to the old spring house and get my foot wedged Inbetween stones... And a snake and a zillion frogs were jumping all around me.. Lol. It was so creepy.
So I been friggen buffing the truck for hours, trying to get rid of tbe stratches before the hubby gets homes and sees it. Uuhhhggggg
So much potential!!! But it was insane.. Everything lit up like trash... Sending the detector into a frenzy.
Not to mention , I had just come from a dr's appointment and had heels on... Lmao.... I'm not to bright sometimes . I think I have to electrolosize them to get the impacted crust off.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lose the heels and consider it a "project". Once you get the trash out, it will be golden.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, try again but get more away from the foundation. if it was a farmhouse there is probly a large area to detect with out the trash, good luck---- and wear boots---hh

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Abandoned houses sometimes become home for the homeless, they tend to leave a lot of trash around.

Wayne

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know you use the ace series detector and there not that great ..i would know i hunt with 1 myself and it really cant take max sensitivity without falsing every swing i hunt 3 bars down from full

OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

Well I was trespassing for one... Lol.. The land has been for sale for years. It was scarey too, cause there I was alone .... And through holes in tbe floor I could grungy sleeping bags in the basement.. I don't even want to know... Lol. There would be no getting tbe trash out. The house was basically gutted and is spread everywhere. Along with farm fencing ... It's such a shame , it mustA been awesome . Not even nails... It's pegs. So damn cute inside ... The staircase .. It all seemed doll like... Somebody went in with a vengeance ripping ceilings and walls down, ripping up floor boards... Yanking stones out of the wall. Looking for treasure I suppose . It looks like whoever lived there left their stuff behind ... It's everywhere

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Around my area there the local party house for teens they love the old abandoned places to make there fires and drink and throw trash everywhere too many pull tabs,bottle caps,beer cans to even think about dealing with

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try to ground balance, then drop your sensitivity to half of What you where using. Use the lift off method to check for trash. If your detector hits hard, lift it up about 4 to 6 inches, if it still hits hard it's probably a big piece of trash.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every kind of detecting place has its minuses - parks have too many people, lakes have too many hunters, woods have ticks and trash and tough digging, and private property requires permission. Some of us are fortunate to find the kind of spots that we enjoy, but if that's not happening for you, maybe this isn't the right hobby.

OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

SusanMN said:
Every kind of detecting place has its minuses - parks have too many people, lakes have too many hunters, woods have ticks and trash and tough digging, and private property requires permission. Some of us are fortunate to find the kind of spots that we enjoy, but if that's not happening for you, maybe this isn't the right hobby.

Wow, lol. You trying to get rid of me?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I been totally dying for an old abandoned home to detect. Well a farmhouse that must been a real beauty in its day has been decaying off a main highway for years n years . Today I thought screw it, I'm swinging by And gonna detect. It's been ransacked so many times.
I pull in with my truck and realize I can't turn around. And I can't see to back out on a major highway . Brand new friggin truck and I get wedged... Took me a half hour to move stuff out of tbe way to just be able to turn around. And even tben, I had to pull into briars and trees and trash . I got out and Everything lit up the detector... Rocks, dirt, coal, foil of every kind. . It was hopeless.
I go down to the old spring house and get my foot wedged Inbetween stones... And a snake and a zillion frogs were jumping all around me.. Lol. It was so creepy.
So I been friggen buffing the truck for hours, trying to get rid of tbe stratches before the hubby gets homes and sees it. Uuhhhggggg
So much potential!!! But it was insane.. Everything lit up like trash... Sending the detector into a frenzy.
Not to mention , I had just come from a dr's appointment and had heels on... Lmao.... I'm not to bright sometimes . I think I have to electrolosize them to get the impacted crust off.

please supply pics so I can properly evaluate. Snakes? I cannot believe snakes are out yet! Proof I need proof!!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I was trespassing for one... Lol.. The land has been for sale for years. It was scarey too, cause there I was alone .... And through holes in tbe floor I could grungy sleeping bags in the basement.. I don't even want to know... Lol. There would be no getting tbe trash out. The house was basically gutted and is spread everywhere. Along with farm fencing ... It's such a shame , it mustA been awesome . Not even nails... It's pegs. So damn cute inside ... The staircase .. It all seemed doll like... Somebody went in with a vengeance ripping ceilings and walls down, ripping up floor boards... Yanking stones out of the wall. Looking for treasure I suppose . It looks like whoever lived there left their stuff behind ... It's everywhere

well this seems to be a conundrum that is not to be overcome. you hate people seeing you yet you are scared when alone! quite the enigma you are holly snow, quite the enigma

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Around my area there the local party house for teens they love the old abandoned places to make there fires and drink and throw trash everywhere too many pull tabs,bottle caps,beer cans to even think about dealing with

love the avatar dusty. that was a great episode

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holly what detector do you have?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mrs. Snow, nevermind

Last edited:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
you need a detector that works well in a trashy area...unfortunately the ACE is not that machine. good try though!

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you took that thing about being a "model" metal decting, from the other thread, to heart. Detecting in high heels and a bathing suit. Wow! :tongue3:

That's why Jeff-Gordon wants pics....

But seriously, don't give up. You'll find a good spot, evenutally.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
shoot, now I have to go back, I didn't see anything about a bikini

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread