Omg, never again!

H

Holly_squirrel

I been totally dying for an old abandoned home to detect. Well a farmhouse that must been a real beauty in its day has been decaying off a main highway for years n years . Today I thought screw it, I'm swinging by And gonna detect. It's been ransacked so many times.
I pull in with my truck and realize I can't turn around. And I can't see to back out on a major highway . Brand new friggin truck and I get wedged... Took me a half hour to move stuff out of tbe way to just be able to turn around. And even tben, I had to pull into briars and trees and trash . I got out and Everything lit up the detector... Rocks, dirt, coal, foil of every kind. . It was hopeless.
I go down to the old spring house and get my foot wedged Inbetween stones... And a snake and a zillion frogs were jumping all around me.. Lol. It was so creepy.
So I been friggen buffing the truck for hours, trying to get rid of tbe stratches before the hubby gets homes and sees it. Uuhhhggggg
So much potential!!! But it was insane.. Everything lit up like trash... Sending the detector into a frenzy.
Not to mention , I had just come from a dr's appointment and had heels on... Lmao.... I'm not to bright sometimes . I think I have to electrolosize them to get the impacted crust off.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

austin said:
Holly, detect where you want, wear what you want and just have fun. And don't give the truck a second thought. Pickups were made to be destroyed, then you buy a new one and stick the old one out on the ranch or farm or give it to the husband to drive. Soon you'll be finding stuff and if luck smiles upon you, you'll find some valuable stuff. Just enjoy life and this hobby...

I'd like to do that... But hubby doesn't see things like I do. I'm wasting time digging trash and God help me if he sees a scratch on tbe truck ( that came from my horrible wasteful hobby) lol

mikeinnepa

Greenie
Feb 3, 2013
Lakevillepa
Detector(s) used
F4/garret propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image-1864922849.jpg snake number two......I believe Hollys south and warmer so no doubting her sightings

OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

What sort of snake is he? He looks like a giant earthworm:)

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd like to do that... But hubby doesn't see things like I do. I'm wasting time digging trash and God help me if he sees a scratch on tbe truck ( that came from my horrible wasteful hobby) lol

I've been there kid and it didn't take me long to find out that if I griped at her, I slept with the dog. Your old man will figure that out too...

hikerdude

Jan 31, 2013
Palmdale, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200 Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HollySnow............most everyone has been in a tight spot that was creepy and wish they had never gone there. If you like detecting older houses, check out the yard sales in the older neighborhoods. I stop, buy something for a dollar, and then ask if it would be ok to metal detect their yard. I always add "I found fifteen wheat pennies, a silver dime, and a lost silver ring last week at a yard sale down the road", or something to that effect. Sometimes they say, oh there's noting in my yard, you say, you would be supprized what I sometimes find.
I am not comfortable asking, but I force myself to do it. What amazes me the most, most people will let you, and they are suprisingly nice and friendly, and interested in what you come up with. Like yesterday, I found a brass sprinkler nozzel, and the home owner said she lost it 3 years ago, and thougth someone had stole it. She was real glad to get it back. I asked at one yard sale, and the lady, said I could do the yard next door too, and before I did it, she had gotten me permission to do two housed across the street. I ended up with a war nickel, and a 1944 dime, along with some other neat findings.
HH :)

OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

CoilyGirl said:
I'm not coming to Pa if y'all have bigass snakes.

We don't have pythons... Lol... But I get my fair share of 6 foot rat snakes .

image-2172092010.jpg

This was Arthur ... Lol. Our resident woodpile snake. Sadly he got injured during Hurricane Sandy.... No clue how.... Found him on the driveway right after... Cold and spaced out. Tried to bring him back with a heating pad, but he shortly died afterward. Poor thing. I'm actually creeped out by snakes , but used him as my way to try to overcome that... Seeing him so often and seeing the wtf look on his face when I'd touch him.. Made him have personality and endeared him to me. Still having held him and all when he got hurt... Didnt do the job... I'm still creeped out by them. But he was sweet and I was really sad to see him go.

OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

Austin , we been married 14 years.... He don't train well.... I end up with the dogs . Stubborn as a mule , quick tempered like a female cat when you touch her belly... Lol
Hiker dude , I'm actually surprised that my neighbors haven't asked me to do their yards... After some of the things I found here, I'd be curious as hell to see what was under my feet. But my neighbors who are anal
About their property told me today they were gonna electrify their fence so I don't try to dig on their side .... Lol.... They were kidding... Sort of:)

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You must have a real soft soft Ms. Holly,that's all I gotta say. God bless the beasts and the children( and the occasional times husbands act like children,lol!)

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 774239

This was Arthur ... Lol. Our resident woodpile snake. Sadly he got injured during Hurricane Sandy.... No clue how.... Found him on the driveway right after... Cold and spaced out. Tried to bring him back with a heating pad, but he shortly died afterward. Poor thing. I'm actually creeped out by snakes , but used him as my way to try to overcome that... Seeing him so often and seeing the wtf look on his face when I'd touch him.. Made him have personality and endeared him to me. Still having held him and all when he got hurt... Didnt do the job... I'm still creeped out by them. But he was sweet and I was really sad to see him go.

You are a funny girl (I mean that in the best way possible of course)! Don't know too many women, or people in general, that have a pet 6 foot rat snake in their yard!!! :happysmiley:

OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

BryanM362 said:
You are a funny girl (I mean that in the best way possible of course)! Don't know too many women, or people in general, that have a pet 6 foot rat snake in their yard!!! :happysmiley:

I did... He died:( when it comes to animals I'm a bit , idk... Overboard? Lol . I do things without thinking .. I think with my heart... Not my head as my dad always said. That's how I have ended up with injured possums in my truck... Stopping traffic on a major 4 lane highway , trying to rescue a rouge chicken.... Lol.. I drive my husband nuts

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
L

l2hunt

i find lots of ol' farmsteads are just full of junk, but once in a while something special pops up!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 774239

ok, I'm breaking my previous post, but only to say nice snake. Rat snakes are very good for nature. Glad you didn't kill it like many would.

OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

jeff-gordon said:
ok, I'm breaking my previous post, but only to say nice snake. Rat snakes are very good for nature. Glad you didn't kill it like many would.

I wouldn't dream of it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread