Omg, what type of cave is this? 30 feet long and 6 ft. Deep..

Stella van gogh

Jun 29, 2022
20221002_121429.jpg

Last edited:

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
I would not enter it. But, you could do something that we did in the Army in Vietnam, when we found tunnels , bunkers, caves. Place something that creates a LOT of smoke just inside the cave . Cover the entrance with a tarp & look for smoke coming out of different areas . That could find a different exit/entrance & also an escape route, if someone did enter it. Allow all smoke to clear for a long time !!

Upvote 7
OP
OP
S

Stella van gogh

Jun 29, 2022
Oh my, It feels so good to be around fellow treasure seekers whether it be gold, fossils, or whatever puts us all in crazy trances that we would rather be digging and exploring than anything else in the world....
Thankyou for all of your serious comments mixed with humor
I will be off the grid for a few days then I will head back out to cave with my backpack full of guns, drones, holy water, garlic around my neck, helmet , headlight, and my Indiana Jones Hat and leather whip...
Did I leave anything out? Bahahaha! Truly, I will get more detailed pics and post next week...

Upvote 6

HunterNC

Greenie
Dec 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome cool find. I would not share it with the Lagenas brothers.

If you look very carefully about 3 feet to the right of the metal ring and maybe a foot above it you will see what looks like a very tiny arrow with a right angle and in it pointing down. Almost looks like graphics added to the picture but there is a small blade of grass going across it on the end. Does anybody else see it and have a clue what it is?

My guess this is a test pit for a mine and the metal ring is some form of leftover mining equipment. A lot of copper mines in that area and few iron and gold as well. The stone is to shore up the entrance so it does not collapse.

With that said I would be careful about going in. I doubt it would collapse but certainly would not try without a few friends, safety helmit, rope, and shovels. Probably through a few lit torches and a couple of fire crackers in first to see what happens. When you go back, check the spider webs carefully and see if they are disturbed which would indicate the presence of a larger animal.

Upvote 4

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe 'creskol' and 'unklemac' have the right idea, as I believe it is a man made root cellar / food storage facility of some type. I'm thinking early homesteaders or American Indians. Both would have used whatever material was available in the area. If that type of stone is not from that area, that would point to where the people who would have built the structure are from. I found the attached photo in a Massachusetts Archeology paper on stone structures. Local historians would probably be very interested in this.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-21 at 07-38-57 Bulletin of the Massachusetts Archaeological Society Vol. 76...png
    Screenshot 2022-10-21 at 07-38-57 Bulletin of the Massachusetts Archaeological Society Vol. 76...png
    244.5 KB · Views: 27
Upvote 2

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are rocks in your area naturally on end like that? I have seen basalt with folds from tectonic activity make patterns like that but it was solid rock. That looks pretty man made to me. What area/country are you in? You could do research on some of the natives in the area and the structures that they built. But I would definitely be getting a helmet and some friends and start sifting that dirt floor.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
S

Stella van gogh

Jun 29, 2022
Do you think it was dug and made by humans or maybe during the ice age ?
nice pictures BTW
It is definitely man made...I wouldnt be surprised if it were prehistoric
Are rocks in your area naturally on end like that? I have seen basalt with folds from tectonic activity make patterns like that but it was solid rock. That looks pretty man made to me. What area/country are you in? You could do research on some of the natives in the area and the structures that they built. But I would definitely be getting a helmet and some friends and start sifting that dirt floor.
The rocks around here do not sit upright
...triangular or pyramid shaped were used one at a time spread out around perimeter of campsite to ward off evil spirits....Ive seen a lot of cliffs and overhangs where they would sleep or live but I honestly have not seen Indian
dwellings with such architecture
...the door is secure and archway is beautiful....the triangular spikes go across the top like a porcupine....

Upvote 1

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like the kind of cave I'd want to stay the hell out of....
spider-0173.gif

But, I would certainly consider strapping a light and a Go-pro onto
an RC truck and let it take the risk.

It might be best to avoid the politics before a Mod stops by and tells
us not to talk politics.
warning1.gif

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions