cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
600 weak on silver? I haven't experienced that. What mode and settings are you using? Is this on land, in the water, or both?

OP
OP
M

mjb Mike

Feb 10, 2021
southern mayland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe i shouldnt have said weak but is the maticore any better then the 6oo? Ive found lots of silver coins some as deap as 6 to 10 in but you really have to slow down and listen for small signals just wondering if its any better

OP
OP
M

mjb Mike

Feb 10, 2021
southern mayland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I normally use park 1 and turn sensitivity all the way up.Is there a better setting?on land

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's basically what you want to use. Park 1 in multi frequency, sensitivity at max and still stable, recovery speed 3 or 4. Personally, I like hearing the iron, so, I have the horseshoe turned on. To me, it gives me a bit more info on deep and sketchy targets. I also like 50 tone and a threshold tone, but, those are personal choices and don't really effect depth. Unless you are in an area with lots of bottle caps, I also keep the iron bias setting at 0. In areas with a bottle cap problem, I use F2 @ 6 on my 800. I don't remember if it has the same setting as the 600. Whether the Manticore will surpass the 600 in depth on silver is yet to be determined for sure. Being a new machine, much more feedback is needed to verify one way or another. I know they're having an issue with iron falsing, so, waiting to see if they successfully address that problem. If it were me (and I'm contemplating buying the Manticore too) I'd wait a bit to see how things shake out.

OP
OP
M

mjb Mike

Feb 10, 2021
southern mayland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the info and yes that was my thoughts to wait a little to see how they perform

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
My new Manticore simply rocks in my home test garden, even with sensitivity set down under 20. It hits my 9 inch buried silver quarter even with a lifted coil above 3 inches. I don't know how it does it. My Noxes do hit it with their 11" factory coils but it has to be cranked to 25 in sensitivity, and there is no headroom when the coil is raised.

OP
OP
M

mjb Mike

Feb 10, 2021
southern mayland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks thats what Im seeing on the vids that are out there Mckinney Im thinking ill see how they perform till the end of summer then get one .I would love to hear some more in put from owners.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love both Nox's, but the Manticore locks onto good targets at a fast swing. It also will detect multiple targets under the coil. It's pretty simple to run once you understand it. It's better than the Nox on land and in water, however you will have to decide weather all that justify's the price. The Nox's are still great detectors, if you feel you have got the most out of it then you might upgrade

OP
OP
M

mjb Mike

Feb 10, 2021
southern mayland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes i feel like its time to up grade from the 600 Ive spent way more on other hobbies over the years that just cost me money that never payed me back anything.Although I never have sold anything Ive found I could.The price to me is not much to pay for all the enjoyment that comes from it.Thanks mackdog for the info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions