May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So why are you posting instead of digging the main cache? Then post some pictures of it?

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Crusader,

That is the multimillion dollar question. The site is located on land I cannot access.

The sad thing is that I have been within 10,000 yards of this site on two previous locations.

What does one do with this information? I know where it is and have photos of it. I can't go get it.

Maybe I should just publish the location and see what happens. Truly, I don't know what to do.

I can pinpoint it with a lot of backup.

Any recommendations?

Patrick

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Crusader,

That is the multimillion dollar question. The site is located on land I cannot access.

The sad thing is that I have been within 10,000 yards of this site on two previous locations.

What does one do with this information? I know where it is and have photos of it. I can't go get it.

Maybe I should just publish the location and see what happens. Truly, I don't know what to do.

I can pinpoint it with a lot of backup.

Any recommendations?

Patrick

I'm interested in your research but I have no US legal experience, so my recommendations would be pointless. What is stopping you? The landowner? Or some US Law?

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The land is privately owned and I am sure that would include the mineral rights for any ancillary finds. It is also in mountainous terrain.

I have even cross referenced all the local legends and it all points to a major horde of highly conductive metals (i.e. gold.)

I don't know any TH well enough to share the information but anyone except those affiliated with the land ownership would have difficulty accessing the area.

(I'm not sure if it is better to not solve a location or solving it but being unable to access it.)

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The land is privately owned and I am sure that would include the mineral rights for any ancillary finds. It is also in mountainous terrain.

I have even cross referenced all the local legends and it all points to a major horde of highly conductive metals (i.e. gold.)

I don't know any TH well enough to share the information but anyone except those affiliated with the land ownership would have difficulty accessing the area.

(I'm not sure if it is better to not solve a location or solving it but being unable to access it.)

In the UK Treasure does not categorise as mineral under normal Mineral Rights, so I would check that first.

Also, Gold is one of the lowest of conductive metals, so are you sure its Gold?

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I edited the original post above and put the text of the magazine article in it. It wasnt legible in the scanned picture from the magazine. That will explain a little more about the content.

The mineral rights would come into play if there was a vein. Have you ever looked up how the Spaniards would determine where to mine? They were pretty devious and creative. Their methodology still works today.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I edited the original post above and put the text of the magazine article in it. It wasnt legible in the scanned picture from the magazine. That will explain a little more about the content.

The mineral rights would come into play if there was a vein. Have you ever looked up how the Spaniards would determine where to mine? They were pretty devious and creative. Their methodology still works today.

OK, I was assuming Spanish Treasure as opposed to natural Gold. In which case, just approach the owner with the idea of sharing the mining rights.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is one site north of the Compass stone that I am going to look at before the fall weather sets in. The one that bugs me is the one I cannot get to.

I would like to hear some thoughts from the forum members on the treasure and the pictures.

K

Kentucky Kache

My thoughts are, contact the land owner and see if he will let you look around. If nothing else, just ask for permission to metal detect.

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Kentucky Kache,

I agree but it just isnt that simple. The land is not owned by an individual.

It all ads up and points to one very specific location.

That is just a back-burner project. The Compass Stone shown in the photo above (face carved in a boulder) has easier access.

Patrick

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, Anyone interested in discussing this treasure further are invited to initiate communications. :)

Please note: This minor bit of information may seem like a lot to some who have looked at this treasure before. It is not the totality of information in existence about this treasure.

Can you believe I had one person offer me $ to take them to the locations that these pictures were taken?

Last edited:

Av8joker

Aug 6, 2012
Milwaukee, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello PatrickD,
Please contact me if you would like some help. I have experience in getting landowner permissions and negotiating mineral rights. Whether Gold and Silver qualify as minerals is irrelevant. I would like to help.
Thanks,
[email protected]

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi AV8joker,

Thanks for the offer for assistance. You are very much appreciated.

Patrick

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
patrick, I would take your findings to the states archaeologist in which the treasure resides. they may come up with a solution to your dilema. why give the information to somebody so they can get in trouble ?

K

Kentucky Kache

Hi Kentucky Kache,

I agree but it just isnt that simple. The land is not owned by an individual.

It all ads up and points to one very specific location.

That is just a back-burner project. The Compass Stone shown in the photo above (face carved in a boulder) has easier access.

Patrick

It may not be that simple, but I would think there would have to be somebody you could talk to.

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, how would one go about retrieving a find that is on land owned by any entity such as federal government land, church land, boy scout land, state land, city land, etc.?

K

Kentucky Kache

Well, how would one go about retrieving a find that is on land owned by any entity such as federal government land, church land, boy scout land, state land, city land, etc.?

Is this federal land? State land? You did say it was privately owned, didn't you?

tapoutking

Jun 27, 2007
Simi Valley California
If someone offered me 50 million dollars to figure out how to go about what you are trying to do, I bet I could come up with a sollution fairly easy. In other words, if what you are saying is truth and there really is treasure then you should do some homework.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread