Primary Interest:
Other

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't read it in full because the link diverts me to the site's home page.

Here's a little tribute on a memorial plaque on a public bench in Margate, England:

memorial.jpg

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminded me of the scene in "Yellowstone" where Kevin Costner asks the orphaned boy where his father is and the boy says, "He's poisoning the ground he's buried in!"

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Living very close to Belmont NY....It still produces MANY of these types unfortunately. Sad as it was once a booming town in the 1800's that was even the county seat. It has been in a state of decline my entire life now... and pretty sure it was in the same state of decline before I was born. People always say living in the ghetto is a inescapable trap, I would argue these dying country towns are even worse sometimes...at least in the ghettos you are one bus ride away from better opportunities. This is not the case for Belmont NY.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few years ago, the wife and I attended the funeral of a neighbour who was a retired submarine Commander. He very much had an assertive air about him. One of his sons gave a 'eulogy' at the service which began something like:

"Kind. Compassionate. Considerate. Personable. These are words that no-one would ever have used to describe our father"... and then wandered into detail on grudges from the past, including how he had forced his sons to take naturist (nudist) holidays with the family and how much they hated it.

It was a very uncomfortable ten minutes.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is LOVING Family members and then there is TRUTHFUL family members !! Thanks for the awakening post !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread