One gold ring La Libertad, El Salvador

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I brought one of my Excaliburs down here almost 6 months ago and finally had a chance to get out there to hunt.  I had a long handled scoop made for me yesterday out of a hand scoop.  It worked perfectly. 

The hunt was more of an experimental hunt.  By 7:30 am the beach was full so we were out of there, also the waves were killing me with the tide coming in.  I hope to head back there next week during the week so that I'll have the beach to myself.

There are a lot of rocks in the water and many signals were impossible to recover.  I was only in the water for thirty minutes and couldn't take the punishment anymore.  The water would go from ankle deep to over your head in a period of 2 or 3 seconds.  Plus add that undertow and waves crashing all around, but it was fun.

A little boy told me that it's best to hit there about 6 am before the waves start getting bigger.  He said that sometimes when the water is smooth that they will walk there and find gold chains and rings that were recently dropped.

My take for 30 minutes of "work" was one penny and one nice 14k ring that was for a girl who turned 15.

By the way the Excal works excellently in volcanic black sand.

HH

Attachments

• april 19 2009 ring La Libertad San Blas.jpg
    april 19 2009 ring La Libertad San Blas.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 496
Upvote 0

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
Nice ring, and a ratio of 1 penny for every piece of gold is hard to beat. Are those amethyst or more pink? Has to be her birthstone...Ryan

OP
OP
JP

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I believe, but I might be wrong, that the pink stones are rose quartz. They may be synthetic pink stones or glass.

My first gold for the year :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Jud. As soon as i get my camera charged up i will send ya some pictures of my vacation finds.I go back to work Tuesday.Take care ...............Cotton P.s.Did you ever go back to the place that you were talking about down there?

OP
OP
JP

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
txkickergirl said:
That is a really sweet quinceanera ring, poor girl.

I felt sorry for her too when I found it. I found a gold ring in Tampa back on October that had Daddy written on it. Another case of guilt, but why do they take them to the beach?

This is a custom made ring that the family made for the quinceanera. The beach that I found it at is mostly used by poor people so you can imagine that was a once in a life time gift for her.

I'm heading out tomorrow morning to one beach and on Sunday scuba and detecting at an island that fell in about 120 years ago into a lake it supposedly was visited in the past where people threw coins on it for religious reasons. The person taking me there told me that they have found silver and gold coins there not even using a metal detector. From what they told me I will be the first to use one there :thumbsup:, of course there might not be anything there. If anything good is found I will post pics.

Thanks everybody for commenting, yes Mumszie thank you for encouraging me to bring the Excal down here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread