One little Indian

MichiganRob

Jan 17, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Had a great hunt today at a new park in a different city. $6.97 in clad, including 42 Lincoln Memorial cents. Not a single wheatie and one 1901 Indian head cent. Not to stray off topic but how can a person dig 42 pennies and completely skip the years between 1902 and 1963?

Anyway, moving right along ;D...This 1901 Indian Head seems to be a good coin, notice the back has great detail but the front has some issues >:(

I can see good detail on the front but this green corrosion is covering it up. The penny is virtually worthless in this condition so I am willing to risk it to clean it up some. Would some of you experts please advise me on the best way to revive this penny.

Thanks y'all
HH
MichiganRob

Attachments

• 1901IndianObverse.jpg
    1901IndianObverse.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 257
  • 1901IndianReverse.jpg
    1901IndianReverse.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 249

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hot peroxide bath or potatoe raw or instant method.. One other I have been playing with is soaking in water and applying a thick baking soda paste and freezing.. When frozen drop into boiling water, and when cooled dry and use a sticky type tape and rub it down to adhere it to the coin remove the tape and you'll be amazed at what will come off..
Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread