One man's trash

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only detected two days on the claim this year. I've been placering and have been scouting some open areas for a client and on some private land detecting.

I had a neighbor offer to use his SDC
Spent yesterday and today going over dome areas I've wanted to hit with a PI

The thing has great depth on small stuff pretty impressed.

I pulled about twenty pieces of blasting cap fragments out of waste rock piles. Boot tacks are screamers at four plus inches.

Skunk yesterday though I hit areas that I haven't found gold with vlf first.
Then the creek in areas where I've sniped detectable gold. The water is loud no headphones so I kinda chased myself out.

This morning I went up to the area I've been scraping and pulling small stuff out with my gold bug.

The first area I have cleaned up pretty well nothing. I bit my lip and headed up into the poison oak along the edge of where a shaft drops in.

Quartz and slate throw out. Get a scream right away...square nail.
Sweep over the area,again still have a target kick the quartz that's high and in the way of the coil to the side with my foot. Sweep target gone I knew right away. Reach over where it had rolled..yelling at me with the coil six inches plus off of it.

There's only a bit of gold visible. But, it is about palm size and weighs seventeen ounces.

I'll hit it with the MD-20 when I get to the shop tomorrow see where it seems like the gold is inside. The dentist a few doors,down can x-ray it for me he's done it before.

I'll go from there. I might just break it open.

Make my way up to some more prospects and throw out. More blasting cap pieces a few more boot tacks..then another faint signal.

Scrape first few inches getting loud but not like a nail. More scraping louder...pull material out with pick targets out. Start passing over the coil...screaming lump of mud.

Trying to be careful there's sponge here and I've broken stuff before..
Sure enough with water back at my pack it broke in two.

I was about eight inches into the throw out pile before it fell out.

The bigger piece is a loud 16 gram piece the one that split off is like 7.

They're in acid over night the weight will drop a little and obviously theres some quarts but the 16 gram piece is pretty sweet.

The smallest piece is a half gram.

They are gonna look awesome with the clay off and rust pulled out.

I'll post more pics as I clean them up.

Attachments

• 1524199145401.jpg
    1524199145401.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 1524199159057.jpg
    1524199159057.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 126
  • 1524199170426.jpg
    1524199170426.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 1524199185818.jpg
    1524199185818.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 1524199197176.jpg
    1524199197176.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 1524199211636.jpg
    1524199211636.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have only detected two days on the claim this year. I've been placering and have been scouting some open areas for a client and on some private land detecting.

I had a neighbor offer to use his SDC
Spent yesterday and today going over dome areas I've wanted to hit with a PI

The thing has great depth on small stuff pretty impressed.

I pulled about twenty pieces of blasting cap fragments out of waste rock piles. Boot tacks are screamers at four plus inches.

Skunk yesterday though I hit areas that I haven't found gold with vlf first.
Then the creek in areas where I've sniped detectable gold. The water is loud no headphones so I kinda chased myself out.

This morning I went up to the area I've been scraping and pulling small stuff out with my gold bug.

The first area I have cleaned up pretty well nothing. I bit my lip and headed up into the poison oak along the edge of where a shaft drops in.

Quartz and slate throw out. Get a scream right away...square nail.
Sweep over the area,again still have a target kick the quartz that's high and in the way of the coil to the side with my foot. Sweep target gone I knew right away. Reach over where it had rolled..yelling at me with the coil six inches plus off of it.

There only a bit of gold visible. But, it is about palm size and weighs seventeen ounces.

I'll hit it with the MD-20 when I get to the shop tomorrow see where it seems like the gold is inside. The dentist a few doors,down can x-ray it for me he's done it before.

I'll go from there. I might just break it open.

Make my way up to some more prospects and throw out. More blasting cap pieces a few more boot tacks..then another faint signal.

Scrape first few inches getting loud but not like a nail. More scraping louder...pull material out with pick targets out. Start padding over the coil...screaming lump of mud.

Trying to be careful there's sponge here and I've broken stuff before..
Sure enough with water back at my back it broke in two.

I was about eight inches into the throw out pile before it fell out.

The bigger piece is a loud 16 gram piece the one that split off is like 7.

They're in acid over night the weight will drop a little and obviously theres some quarts but the 16 gram piece is pretty sweet.

The smallest piece is a half gram.

They are gonna look awesome with the clay off and rust pulled out.

I'll post more pics as I clean them up.

Hi Goldwasher… congratulations on some beautiful gold!!! We’ll look forward to hearing more from you, especially about the big rock with some surface gold showing. Hope you’ll let us know what results with the MD-20 and possibly your dentist’s x-ray if you go ahead with it.

Thankyou for describing what happened out there, and for sharing your photos of these superlative finds. WTG 8-)

Jim.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Jim wrote! Neat stuff - words, photos & the experience.............63bkpkr

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Those are great finds! I love screamers!!

I really enjoyed your story of discovery as well. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for dealing with the spelling and random words. I sent from my phone and auto spell is not my friend lol. I think I fixed most of the typos.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome job! Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Jarrod!

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Gerry.

Btw I've had three customers come in and say ... "hey, I saw this store on youtube"

calsierra-Dan

Jun 1, 2015
eldorado co.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Goldmonster 1000
Primary Interest:
Other
yeah buddy , those sdc are good for our area for sure , ive been thinking of the new gold monster but would like to hear from folks who have used it ! good looking rocks there also ! yeehaww

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is another user here , Bug is his name I believe and he hunts the Georgetown divide with a sdc2300 and swears by it.. He said in this particular area thats all he uses and it performers leaps and bounds above a vlf.

calsierra-Dan

Jun 1, 2015
eldorado co.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Goldmonster 1000
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah I know Bug well good friends with him , he does well with the sdc ive been out with him he taught me a lot real quick lol , I invited him out to our property and my buddy who which owns it bought a sdc because it did so well kick ass machine for sure! monster is in my budget a lil more lol !

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea Bug is a good guy. It's a friend of his that let me borrow the SDC

I came home and hit the pieces with my gold bug pro.

Even though I have found quite a bit of gold with it I know I'm missing all kinds.

Probably gonna sell it shortly. Will still have the GB 2

I've messed with the Monster just once seems pretty sensitive. Easy to use.

Gonna figure out how to end up with an SDC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Gerry.

Btw I've had three customers come in and say ... "hey, I saw this store on youtube"
I talk up the store every time I can. Joe may have someone heading your way soon. ╦╦Ç

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread