One Merc, one phone booth and one car!

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Went detecting with a few Tneters a couple of weeks back. The Hunter, Baggins and Fu Man Stu. We went to a secluded area along the Trinity river that was used as a day long picnic/getaway area for Dallas residents 1894-1911 or there abouts. We didn't find the exact spot but we did make some odd finds. First good hit I had was this Merc 1943. About 6 feet away I got an odd hit that bounced around but covered a big area. It was only about five feet from the cliff looking over the river. I started to pass on it then dug it anyway. About 10 inches down I hit a plastic bag and something hard in it. I said man if this is a dead animal somebody buried..... Anyway I finally got the bag out of the ground. It was actually two plastic bags one inside the other. I started to dump the contents onto the ground and first out fell a purplish wax statue I think is supposed to be a woman, then 5 jars fall out of the bag. The were all wrapped in aluminum foil and then had tape around them. I thought OK, this is a little weird. The foil must have been on the bottles quite awhile because you couldn't peel it off and nobody actually wanted to except me. So I took my digger and scraped the first jar. It looked like strawberry jelly. I scraped the next jar and it looked like some kind of dark paste, then the next one had some kind of black or gray liquid with a bunch of junk floating around it when I shook it that I did not recognize. I didn't look at the last two. I put them back in the plastic bag, dropped them back in the hole and covered them up. But I did keep the wax statue even though it was a little spooky looking. I told a guy at work about the wax statue and he said with a straight face, man those people in that neighborhood practice voodo and black magic stuff. We went back to the parking area when we were about done. The Hunter said he had went the other direction along the river and saw a car on the river bank about 30-40 feet straight down the cliff along the river so I went to check it out. The we noticed it looked like a road used to run along the river at that point but had small trees and brush grown up on it. Took a little walk that way and found this phone booth. When I got home I told my wife about the day and before I could say do you want to see the statue, she says, you didn't bring it home with you did you? I showed it to her but she said it was spooky and was not coming in the house! We didn't find the sweet spot but it is close and we eliminated a big area.

Attachments

• P1010124_0124_124.jpg
    P1010124_0124_124.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,746
  • P1010113_0113_113.jpg
    P1010113_0113_113.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,750
  • P1010127_0127_127.jpg
    P1010127_0127_127.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,727
  • P1010121_0121_121.jpg
    P1010121_0121_121.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,722
  • P1010120_0120_120.jpg
    P1010120_0120_120.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,728
  • P1010116_0116_116.jpg
    P1010116_0116_116.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,726
  • P1010139_0139_139.jpg
    P1010139_0139_139.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,726
Upvote 0

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No coins left in that phone booth? Hope no one was in the car either.

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
next time you need a little eye of newt or dragons hair, you'll know right where to look. I hope you didn't leve any fingerprints just in case it is drug or crime related.

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Maybe the mojo thing belong to guy who owned the flip over car , I would get rid of the mojo thing in a heartbeat . Put it back where you found it ,,,, Just a little friendly advice..... Guzz1

dethklok97

Nov 10, 2007
Alexandria,Virginia
Detector(s) used
whites prizm v
good thing you didnt look in the others who knows what the black stuuf in the jar was also i heard of people gouging out eyes for "spells" and stuff like that but in a way that bugs me that you didnt open the jars cuz no one ever will know what was there

Kiko68

Mar 20, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Detector(s) used
ACE 150
That's some creepy stuff there! I agree...bad mojo, and VERY happy you threw that stuff back in the hole, that's just aweful. Nice Merc though! ;D

Kiko

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)
I don't want to come off as being the paranoid guy, but, I would visit the local PD and tell them about all those things you told us. Tell, them at least about the phone booth and the car, and I would tell them about the jars too. Anyway, awesome adventure, and congrats on the merc!

~Tom

Fisher

Sep 24, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Doesn't look like a place I'd want to night hunt. I'm not really sure I'd want to go back in the day either! lol

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just don't know about your digs, Tin. Are you feeling ok this morning ??? sickturkey.jpg
If I were you, I would go bury that thing right back. Looks & sounds like some cult thing you dug up. I think your feathers are starting to grow...and you're running a temp. :o

I do like the Mercy dime...you did good there.

I do want to see you as you at the LBH, not as some half plucked bird creature....Baggins, please keep an eye on Tin. :D

;) RR

TreasureTales said:
If you start growing feathers, don't be surprised. :o :(

R

RUDY2003

Voodoo, man I think I would have reburied it all. Bad karma for me. I can't help wondering how someone would have transported the pay phone with the concrete base to that location, looks pretty heavy, especially for a hand full of change....

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with "ashleysflyr" about telling the Cops or your County Board or something get that crap cleaned up. Nice natural place like that destroyed by that trash. :-[

If you do it right you can get the spirits to work for you and be on your side. Careful though you can make them mad by doing that too.

By the looks of that merc they are already on your side ;D

Keep @ it and HH!!

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
Nice finds. Did you check for car for coins?

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Tin Nugget

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
River Rat, does that mean I probably shouldn't bring it to the Lousiana Bayou Hunt for show and tell? :o

DebbzInNC

Feb 23, 2008
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Congrats on the Merc, thats great!
I got this info about your "unusual" find from some of my friends and family, some that live in the New Orleans area.
Just thought I would pass it along.

If I were him, I would take that wax voodoo doll and bury it back where he found it. He needs to
add some sea salt in that hole and some white sage to reverse the
effects of his dig.
The 5 filled jars he found usually represent Earth, Wind, Water, Air and Spirit / Soul. They would contain certain herbs and items, depending on which spell was used in the ritual. The black/purple wax figure is not a good sign in that type of ritual spell, Purple represents Power and Black represents Evil.
It truly sounds like he dug up someone's Protection spell or their Revenge /death ritual spell.
Either way...its not good. He should put it back.
If it was a
Protection spell done with good magick, he has broken it and therefore the protection is broken and the bad could fall back on him.
If it was a revenge / death ritual done with bad /black magick, he needs to get rid of it ASAP....back to its original resting place adding sea salt and white sage in that hole.
If I were him, I would be seriously concerned about having that thing
and that it was removed from its resting place.

:o ekkk!!! just wanted you to know what they advised. :o

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tin Nugget said:
River Rat, does that mean I probably shouldn't bring it to the Lousiana Bayou Hunt for show and tell? :o

Tin,

Honee chile, if you don't want the LaLa sisters to jump on you like a goose on a June bug...we will, if dat what it takes. U just may not return to TX after the hunt. ;D Seriously, take my advise...Debbz, Rudy, TT, Kiko and everyone else is telling you to get rid of it too.

;) RR

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
There will be an EXORCISM just after before supper lunch Friday night noon!! No night hunting registrations or food until it is performed and Tin Nugget is cleansed!!! ::) :P ;D ;D

River Rat, you're in charge of the MD exorcisms. You're closer to New Orleans than we are!!!

Noodle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread