One of a kind?

Ckgene

Apr 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I were to guess I would say that this coin was made by the Colonials because at some point they would have ran out of the money that they brought with them. I have not been able to find anything like it and would appreciate any information you can provide me. This coin was cast not struck.

rare coin 003.jpg
rare coin 002.jpg

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I can't find any cause it's one of a kind.:laughing7:

OP
OP
C

Ckgene

Apr 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't find any cause it's one of a kind.

LOL i meant one of a kind ? As in a question because i have spent numerous hours trying to find something like it. Hahaha@rook3434

OP
OP
C

Ckgene

Apr 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of a kind is not a good thing in this case cuz I can't find anything out about it

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Very unique coin. Congrats on the find.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
C

Ckgene

Apr 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huntsman53, i noticed that the date was wrong also, and a toy coin? Is there meaning behind what a toy coin is, besides the obvious meaning? I am lacking knowledge in this field, and if toy has an analytical meaning, i would like to know more.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
No, the meaning is the Obvious one. English Model Coins of the mid 19th Century are also toy coins, but also ones that were used to demonstrate bimetallic coin production methods. The guy who produced them wanted to get the contract to produce bimetallic coins or provide the technology. He produced and sold thousands of these toy coins for the children of the aristocracy to influence their parents...

PennyModel_o.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Ckgene

Apr 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats interesting dejapooh, . 30+ yrs ago, My parents were at some park in Tennessee walking to a restaurant, and this park was having underground sprinklers installed and my Mother saw it in a pile of dirt. Unfortunately not a personal find, but thought i would try to get some information i can pass on to them. Thanks for your input

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe that your coin is not a real coin, but rather a modern replica type. The lettering does not look at all like a coin from that period would look like.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread