gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ended up going out with Btv digger on Sunday in the welcomed vermont heat. He has already posted but I will recap. We ended up driving around quite a bit in the morning looking at our permissions to find a field that had been cut and hit a few fields with very meager results. In the afternoon we were pretty much at our wits end and were looking at the map and decided to drive a little out of our way to hit a field on one of my permissions that I had not hit yet. When we got there the field was freshly mowed. We started out in our initial line and minutes into it Btv pulled a copper alright good sign. Then soon after he pulled another. We then pounded the area for about an hour and a half with nothing but two buttons. We decided to give it twenty more minutes. I ended up walking into an area we already pounded (but lots of iron) and got a perfect 84 on the at pro, and got maturing in great shape. In then did a circle around it and got another perfect mid eighties signal. And pulled my best Connecticut at an inch down. I could not have been happier with the day but five minutes later I got a clear fifties signal and decided to dig it to see if it was a button and I pulled my first half dime and it looks like it was just dropped. Here they are enjoy them As much as I did.
2DA6824A-F6B6-4ABC-A927-D7C834B10A96.jpeg
2AEF5479-0C2E-439E-B25E-7B6AD55E07FF.jpeg
CCB95DC7-4D5C-4187-92A2-97E517E61F1D.jpeg
CD2B2858-A13B-4442-A93B-94574FE2EF6F.jpeg
40F49712-4F1E-4F4B-B744-3D7CD694E7DB.jpeg
And I managed to get a barber half the night before
2837BCE1-CC98-44A5-B894-23DDCA6EAC11.jpeg

Upvote 42
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Outstanding old coin shooting! :occasion14: That old Connecticut copper is in the best condition I've ever seen, just beautiful! :icon_thumleft:

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Minus he wheatie and the buff, all of those would be firsts for me. You guys back east sometimes make me want to give up my life long search for old coins out here in Denver. But then I have a great hunt with some silver and I'm happy...
Amazing finds, congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that’s a great day in my book. Nice handful of saves. Congrats

OP
OP
G

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry for the rotated pics

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great hunt, some real nice coppers! Why no mention of the Capped Bust silver?

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that capped silver is gorgeous....and an incredible act. Doesn’t get much better than that my friend.

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Boy...you guys up in Vermont don't screw around. What an amazing hunt! Congratulations on a fine collection of killer coins!

OP
OP
G

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great hunt, some real nice coppers! Why no mention of the Capped Bust silver?

sorry that capped bust half dime was the bucket lister I have been dying to get and it came out of the ground in awesome shape

OP
OP
G

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minus he wheatie and the buff, all of those would be firsts for me. You guys back east sometimes make me want to give up my life long search for old coins out here in Denver. But then I have a great hunt with some silver and I'm happy...
Amazing finds, congratulations and thanks for sharing.

thanks we are lucky to have a lot of history

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man I would die for a capped bust anything. Amazing hunt and great persistence! Congrats

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That 5c coin is in great shape. How fun was that day?!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry that capped bust half dime was the bucket lister I have been dying to get and it came out of the ground in awesome shape
It is a real beauty too! Did you edit your post or am I going crazy. I swear I read your post twice and didn't see a mention of it :dontknow:

OP
OP
G

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a real beauty too! Did you edit your post or am I going crazy. I swear I read your post twice and didn't see a mention of it :dontknow:

no I didn't edit the post. I did try to go back in to rotate pics but I am not good enough to do it:icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread