One of my Friends on here MIGHT NEED a NEW SNOW SHOVEL

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He lives near Buffalo NY. He told me he has 82 inches of snow right now this was of yesterday 11/22/2022 Lets see if he says anything about this. If he was close to me i would use some of my equipment to clear out his
Hunter1.jpg
Hunter2.jpg

Hunter1805

Dec 3, 2005
NY
Detector(s) used
E Track, Fisher 6a
Thanks Gare, Well we had some snow here in the Buffalo NY area and we also had my foreign exchange student come in yesterday from France .. As luck would have it we made national news in France and everyone was worried for our visitors welfare.. She had stayed with us for years and saw a few snow storms here in Buffalo over the years ,... But her comment was" I have a house in the Alps and we have a lot more snow in Buffalo then we have in the Alps." So my detecting has been side lined but I continue to dig.. We have loaders and dump trucks working together removing the snow because there is no place to put it.. Building roofs are caving in because of the weight of the snow. Massive snow blowers continue to remove snow and open up our main roads. I just opened up my front door last night after 4 days so I don't have to use the garage. The first 2 inches of snow was slush so when you used the snow blower the snow would fill the auger and cling to it causing all kinds of issues. I waxed the blades, oiled the blades and painted the blades worked for a short time then more issues. So I took black electrical and covered the auger blades with tape and it worked very well so I finely made headway and after 3 hours I finished my driveway. (so I can get the cars out, still more to do) BTW I would not live anywhere else but in Buffalo NY. No hurricanes, no bugs or snakes that can kill you, and believe it or not there is nothing better then sitting back and watching a fresh snow fall 10 inches or 10 feet we will manage... Lets Dig !!

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Gare, Well we had some snow here in the Buffalo NY area and we also had my foreign exchange student come in yesterday from France .. As luck would have it we made national news in France and everyone was worried for our visitors welfare.. She had stayed with us for years and saw a few snow storms here in Buffalo over the years ,... But her comment was" I have a house in the Alps and we have a lot more snow in Buffalo then we have in the Alps." So my detecting has been side lined but I continue to dig.. We have loaders and dump trucks working together removing the snow because there is no place to put it.. Building roofs are caving in because of the weight of the snow. Massive snow blowers continue to remove snow and open up our main roads. I just opened up my front door last night after 4 days so I don't have to use the garage. The first 2 inches of snow was slush so when you used the snow blower the snow would fill the auger and cling to it causing all kinds of issues. I waxed the blades, oiled the blades and painted the blades worked for a short time then more issues. So I took black electrical and covered the auger blades with tape and it worked very well so I finely made headway and after 3 hours I finished my driveway. (so I can get the cars out, still more to do) BTW I would not live anywhere else but in Buffalo NY. No hurricanes, no bugs or snakes that can kill you, and believe it or not there is nothing better then sitting back and watching a fresh snow fall 10 inches or 10 feet we will manage... Lets Dig !!
Thanks Hunter I did not want to say who this was for but glad you chimed in. STAY safe and have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING 1!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a pair of snow shoes, haven't used them since I left Denver. Went to Buffalo, guess what I forgot to pack?
I moved from Missouri to Florida, I forgot to sell my snow boots, snowmobile and Ski suits, and insulated overalls. :dontknow: all came with me.

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I moved from Missouri to Florida, I forgot to sell my snow boots. Snow mobile, Ski suits, and insulated overalls. :dontknow: all came with me.
Yeah, can just picture you strolling the beaches in your Carharts. Forgot I still got my moon boots & snow over all's. Remember Halloween next year, we can go as Alaskan explorers!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I showed concern for Hunter1805 and asked if he needed anything i could help him with !! JUST like i showed CONCERN for AL:L MY FRIENDS in Florida when they would be hit by a HURRICANE !!! and ask them if i could do anything for them !!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gary means me. Im sure Hunter1805 understood my humor as does Gary.

I have lived up north in Minnesota, North Dakota, Colorado, Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois, Missouri and Ohio, seen my share of blizzards, the art work they create is amazing, but the work sucks.

My worst blizzards was over 36" in one storm with 20 foot snow drifts in MN, lost my car for two weeks buried under about 10' of snow, couldn't even see a hump, every car in parking lot was buried, had to call cabs to get anywhere till cars were dug out. They would not start clearing till snow dropped low enough to see the car roofs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gary means me. Im sure Hunter1805 understood my humor as does Gary.

I have lived up north in Minnesota, North Dakota, Colorado, Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois, Missouri and Ohio, seen my share of blizzards, the art work they create is amazing, but the work sucks.

My worst blizzards was over 36" in one storm with 20 foot snow drifts in MN, lost my car for two weeks buried under about 10' of snow, couldn't even see a hump, every car in parking lot was buried, had to call cabs to get anywhere till cars were dug out. They would not start clearing till snow dropped low enough to see roofs.
WOW !! that had to be scary T_H Yes i meant T_H I was just kidding him. I worry about him every time they have a hurricane down there !!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW !! that had to be scary T_H Yes i meant T_H I was just kidding him. I worry about him every time they have a hurricane down there !!
Not really scary, but it made getting to the bar tricky since we lived at the top of a hill.

There was one bar I use to go to was in the country, you needed a snowmobile to get to it after snow storms. Sometimes there would be 50 or 60 snowmobiles parked out front of the bar.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'll take snow over hurricanes, gators, pythons, bugs and lizards the size of a dog! Lol!
I'm with you on this one.
At least snow disappears for 7-8 months a year.
Mine ya we got caught in a bad storm on Xmas Eve, total white outs while driving.
Kind of silly being out there in the first place actually.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread