One, Two & Three : Engagement, wedding and eternity rings - all lost ,but then recove

DrunkBrother

Jan 22, 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-track, Excalibur 2 ,CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
One, Two & Three : Engagement, wedding and eternity rings - all lost ,but then recove

It was a very nice warm Wednesday 11/02 and i was preparing to go for a low tide detecting trip. I had many choices where to go :-) So i though, why not to visit Waiheke island. As far as there is a resident metal detectorist there - Brett , i called him to check if he was out in the past week. But when i called him, he told me that there was a Recovery job pending for for of Auckland very hard to detect beaches, that i usually even do not consider to visit as IT IS INDEED very hard to detect. Brett sent me all details and way pointers where rings might be and advised that 3! rings were lost :-(

So, Olga and I slowly going to Auckland Ferry terminal where i supposed to make a choice to try the recovery or go detect for my self. Oh Boy... it was a hard choice as when we arrived at terminal- hundreds of people were getting off and another load was getting on the ferry to Waiheke.

But what the heck! lets try out the recovery. So we went.

As rings were lost DURING LOW TIDE IN THE WATER i had a very limited time to search for them even with somehow defined area where they were lost.

I've waited 1 hour before low tide and went into the water, after about 1 hour i found the 1st ring and after 2 swings there was a second ring in the scoop. but no 3d!..

...I tried and tried to circle around the spot- but nothing... One Hour later i finally got a 3d ring as well that was in quite a distance from other two ! Oh Boy, what a set!

IMAG0262.jpg

Taking into account that Rings were in the water for 10 days - its was quite a mission for over 2 hours.

All packed nicely when presenting to the owner (unfortunately no picture with the owner :( )

IMAG0263.jpg
Another Job done ;-)

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job well done. :occasion14: That's what we do also.

rons1947

Jul 12, 2007
Palm Bay,Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Minelab Excalibur 2,Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
W.T.G.,it is always nice to be able to find,and return lost items,especially jewelry,to their owner.It makes you both feel good.It also benefits our hobby to have people tell others about the good some one with a metal detector has done.

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks so much for making the metal detecting community look so good! You made someone's day! I am sure she was heartbroken when she lost them.

RJGMC
HI BOB!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Really awesome recovery and I hope that you receive a reward many times over for your good deed!!:thumbsup:

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice work!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions