oops...

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, your detector is toasted, literally. Whites might be able to fix it, but youll have to contact them and find if they think its repairable.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I believe you destroyed the internal voltage regulator. :BangHead:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PoE is correct, there is a linear reg that runs everything. A reverse voltage on it will cook it. U1, LP2951.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does not sound good. I'm surprised they built a battery pack that can be installed wrong. Most everything is keyed today, for proper install. Sorry for the bum luck.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think you can insert the pack backwards, but you can probably put the batteries into the pack backwards. I put reverse protection on all my circuits even if reversal is physically impossible. Someone, somewhere, will figure out how to do it.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think you can insert the pack backwards, but you can probably put the batteries into the pack backwards. I put reverse protection on all my circuits even if reversal is physically impossible. Someone, somewhere, will figure out how to do it.

You mean someone who could ruin a steal anvil with a rubber mallet? :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread