Jovan421

Greenie
Apr 16, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello im fairly new to metal detecting and im open for any and all suggestions. I picked up the hobby because me and my 5 year daughter love thrill of hunting for treasure. we have done coin roll hunting so this was the next best thing. My wife currently just bought me a detector for my birthday. Its a BH tracker 4. Seems like a beginner detector from what ive seen but also have seen great reviews about it overall. I have used it several times and still learning to mess with it. I live in florida where we have horrible sandy soil. Cant get those nice solid plugs to come up like seen in mainy videos. Any suggestions or tips about my detector or digging/searching would be helpful. Once i zone in my skills i plan on offering our service to help people find lost jewlery. Thanks

Upvote 0

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just get busy with it. Dig all signals and get to know your detector. Parks, ball fields, churche sites,old home places and anywhere people gathered. Tons of fun! happy hunting!

markincypress

Apr 6, 2012
cypress texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX3030, Tesoro Tejon and Sand Shark, Fisher F75-ltd, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have some playgrounds or tot lots nearby they are fun for getting a pocket full of change with very little effort. After you learn what your detector is saying to you move on to older spots and dig deep. The more you find the better you will get at it and the more fun you and your daughter will have. Also check and see if there are any metal detecting clubs in your area and they are a great source for meeting others in the hobby and learning where to hunt safely in your area.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That sandy soil in FL actually makes digging coins very easy! Use a flat-blade screwdriver to "locate" the coin through those grass roots. Get under the coin then "lever" it up to the surface. Or use one of those hand-size weeding tools. No plug.... very little evidence of your digging. TTC

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What part of Florida do you live in?

And welcome to TreasureNet...

OP
OP
Jovan421

Jovan421

Greenie
Apr 16, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used