Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I have been using the same pin pointer since 2010 I purchased one of the original Garrett pro pointers i believe they came out the same year, i have never had an issue with it at all it has always worked fantastically and is still working to this day, and i have beat the !!!! out of it.

I have decided I want a new pin pointer but will keep the original Garrett as a backup the pin pointer I am thinking about is the 2in1 Nokta/Macro Pulse dive would like opinions from those that have had and used the Nokta/Macro pulse dive units would like the good the bad and all opinions

Thanks for reading

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I personally love the Garrett Carrot. It's waterproof to 10 feet, and is extremely easy to use and adjust as you know. I own 2 of them, and I've sent 2 of them back to Garret to get them fixed. This is only because they were used aggressively by me and not a fault of the units themselves. Both times I got new units or refurbished ones(it's hard to tell which) for only 42 dollars shipped each time. I have however tried the Nokta pulse dive pinpointer without the coil. To me the coil is frivolous. I only used this pinpointer a few times but I found it to be too big to manipulate. It's way bigger than the Garrett, plus it was really too big to wear on my side comfortably as the holster that is built into my finds bag fits the Garrett but is too small to fit this one, thereby making it necessary to use Nokta's included larger holster. I really like the cover that goes over the unit to protect it and having the ability to wirelessly pair with the Nokta/ Makro green headphones is nice. You have to swap out end caps if you want to use it underwater so you'll need to bring both caps if you decide on doing that, or just keep the underwater cap on and know that the audio will be muffled. I didn't like the 3 buttons either, it was confusing and i found that I was constantly hitting the wrong one. If you're using a Simplex I think it would be almost a requirement to use this pinpointer as I've heard that the Garrett may interfere with that machine. It would be nice to find out if the Garrett works with the Legend as that would seriously be a deal breaker for me getting that machine if it didn't. The Carrot has never interfered with my Makro Kruzer or Racer 2 so hopefully not the Legend too. If you have the original Garrett Black pinpointer and you like it, consider getting the Garrett Carrot , and you'll probably like it even better. Everyone's different though, so see if you can check out the Pulse dive before committing to buying it.

Last edited:

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like my PulseDive. Its worked very well with my Simplex wireless headphones. It is a very strong, capable device. I will sometimes brush the top of the grass/soil with it since it detects shallow targets quite well. I'm curious about the performance of the circular wand attachment, ... seems that there are now two different sizes.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know it's good technology but do we need it or is it just another gimmick to sell more of them? I know you can dive with it but anybody who's diving with a detector is going to be using an Excalibur or something similar. I'd like to know who has used the little yellow dohickey in the water and actually pulled up something worthwhile.

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking to attach a pinpointer to an rov good to 300' depth.. Is there such an animal? TIA.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am looking to attach a pinpointer to an rov good to 300' depth.. Is there such an animal? TIA.
there is no pin pointer in production today that can achieve the depth you are talking about

do not know if there is a ground penetrating radar that can even achieve those kind of depths

Reactions: ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there is no pin pointer in production today that can achieve the depth you are talking about

do not know if there is a ground penetrating radar that can even achieve those kind of depths
And how would you know IF it has detected something ? ? ?

Not like you can hear it. heh

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS... as far s i know the pinpointer i use is the only pinpointer that can go 100 foot... and i know of no other better,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread