Orange Crush co. PAT`D july-20-1920 ?? price

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Attachments

• Picture 42.jpg
    Picture 42.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,944

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello nugget,

There are quite a few variants of the crinkly Crushs, if you look at the link that SODABOTTLEBOB provided above. They are cool bottles, but for the most part quite common.

If you go to fleabay and do a price check on aisle three, I think you might see you're a tad optimistic: 1920s Orange Crush Bottle | eBay ~~~ RARE Orange Crush Bottle Crinkly 7 oz Amber Glass Pat July 20 1920 ~~~ Hard to Find Orange Crush Bottle Crinkly Huge 26 oz Clear Pat July 20 1920

mar21939.jpg
Marion bottling company/Orange Crush Bottling Company

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I always liked those amber Orange-Crush bottles. I dug one or two, I still have 'em, even thought they are beat up pretty bad.

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now ive always been confused surf is it the newer bottles that have no writing on the bottom or does that mean the bottle is older and also didnt crush have a green bottle too

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello nugget,

The crinkly Crushs were used for a number of years. The presence, or absence of embossing on the base is not a good dating tool, unless there is a known date code in conjunction with the glassmaker's mark.

Yes, there were some green Crush:
green13.jpg
The link to Michael Rosman's excellent ORANGE CRUSH BOTTLES* - the* ‘KRINKLY’ CLEAR ones** that SODABOTTLEBOB posted above, has an excellent written and graphic history.

5470450_1.jpg

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
I predict that the sun will be over the yardarm, somewhere soon...

1721847.jpg

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey nugget,

I'd start with good photos of your bottle. The krinkly clear ones date from 1920 to post WWII. Then it was Mae West time:

5918611510_7e22a87074_z.jpg

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok theres still alil algea on it i tried clean it the best i could with dencher cream in white vinigar in warm water

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey nugget,

Sounds bad.

If you wanna get heavy duty crud or crustaceans off of bottles, try the acid bucket bath, but BE CAREFUL.

Get a five gallon bucket with a lid.

Put 1/4" of muriatic acid in the bottom of the bucket, a 1/4" in the bottom of the bottle.

Put the lid on the bucket and leave it be for 3 days. Do this OUTSIDE! Wear rubber gloves and repeat if necessary.

BE CAREFUL The acid gives off strong fumes & nasty vapors. DO NOT INHALE. DO NOT GET IT ON YOU.

Neutralize the Acid with a water & Baking Soda, or Garden lime bath.

dangV340_wear_goggles,_rubber_gloves_and_apron_while_handling_acid_or_caustic.jpg

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ahahaha awsome idea but where in NJ would i get acid and idk if i have to have any particular training for acid

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey nugget,

Sounds bad.

If you wanna get heavy duty crud or crustaceans off of bottles, try the acid bucket bath, but BE CAREFUL.

Get a five gallon bucket with a lid.

Put 1/4" of muriatic acid in the bottom of the bucket, a 1/4" in the bottom of the bottle.

Put the lid on the bucket and leave it be for 3 days. Do this OUTSIDE! Wear rubber gloves and repeat if necessary.

BE CAREFUL The acid gives off strong fumes & nasty vapors. DO NOT INHALE. DO NOT GET IT ON YOU.

Neutralize the Acid with a water & Baking Soda, or Garden lime bath.

dangV340_wear_goggles,_rubber_gloves_and_apron_while_handling_acid_or_caustic.jpg

surf do you recommend boiling the glass bottle

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey nugget,

You can buy it at the hardware store, pool supply, Amazon, etc. Training, you don't need no stinking training...

There are toned down versions: Acid Magic | Buy Safer Muriatic Acid, though I've never tried them.

Temperature extremes and old glass do not mix well.

madre.jpg

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey nugget,

You can buy it at the hardware store, pool supply, Amazon, etc. Training, you don't need no stinking training...

There are toned down versions: Acid Magic | Buy Safer Muriatic Acid, though I've never tried them.

Temperature extremes and old glass do not mix well.

Ok gracious muchato

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread