OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I want to be ready when the frost goes out, so I ordered a Nokta-Makro-Simplex. I went through Bart at Big Boys Hobbies. Very helpful and easy to work with. I feel like a kid waiting to open Christmas presents.
Up-date: tracking shows my new detector is 27 miles away. Supposed to be sunny with mid-40s temps the weekends here. Too much frost to dig, but I bet I can find a few sandbars to scan. Can’t wait!

ZombieKnot

Dec 25, 2022
That sucker is so cool...has a LED on the front of electronics box for NIGHT searches and is rechargeable. No batteries to buy or change. Just carry a battery brick like for your phone. So Cool!
Concentrate on the Sensitivity settings as they change for each area of search due to mineralization, really makes a difference in depth.
Happy Hunting

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
That sucker is so cool...has a LED on the front of electronics box for NIGHT searches and is rechargeable. No batteries to buy or change. Just carry a battery brick like for your phone. So Cool!
Concentrate on the Sensitivity settings as they change for each area of search due to mineralization, really makes a difference in depth.
Happy Hunting
Thanks!👍🏼

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
played with a friends last fall and liked it.

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Took the Simplex out for it’s first trial run today. The ground is still frozen so can’t really dig. I’m sure it is working fine, but I have A LOT to learn. It appears to be a random number generator at this point, due to my greenness. 56,14,33,28. If it said “Omaha” once in a while I’d think it was a reincarnated QB!😆 It is easy to maneuver, good display, controls are easy to use. It looks like good value for the price.

ZombieKnot

Dec 25, 2022
Only problem i ever had was the bluetooth from coil to box cut out when it went underwater. Any cure for that or am i missing something?

ZombieKnot

Dec 25, 2022
Took the Simplex out for it’s first trial run today. The ground is still frozen so can’t really dig. I’m sure it is working fine, but I have A LOT to learn. It appears to be a random number generator at this point, due to my greenness. 56,14,33,28. If it said “Omaha” once in a while I’d think it was a reincarnated QB!😆 It is easy to maneuver, good display, controls are easy to use. It looks like good value for the price.
When you come across a mystery signal try moving you and the detector 90 degrees around the variable signal. I found it was a coin on edge, most times and if i hit from different angle it would reveal a constant beep-beep side to side. MOSTLY, as iron nails and aluminum do the different number stuff too. Depends if you are in all metal mode, sweep speed, etc.
try putting KNOWN items in ground at first to get an idea of what they say onscreen. Penny, nickle, quarter, nail and so on. helps learning curve. also checks depth detection of machine compared to how deep YOU bury them. Knowing how deep you bury a baby food lid can help eliminate a lot of dug trash. when you see what machine says it is. Then bury it standing up and see...

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
When you come across a mystery signal try moving you and the detector 90 degrees around the variable signal. I found it was a coin on edge, most times and if i hit from different angle it would reveal a constant beep-beep side to side. MOSTLY, as iron nails and aluminum do the different number stuff too. Depends if you are in all metal mode, sweep speed, etc.
try putting KNOWN items in ground at first to get an idea of what they say onscreen. Penny, nickle, quarter, nail and so on. helps learning curve. also checks depth detection of machine compared to how deep YOU bury them. Knowing how deep you bury a baby food lid can help eliminate a lot of dug trash. when you see what machine says it is. Then bury it standing up and see...
I’ll do that. Thanks 😊

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread