Ordered my first Minelab

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the equinox 600 on the way. I’ve been detecting for a few years now and have owned many detectors. My current is the AT Max. I had the XP Deus which was ok but never could quite get comfortable with it. I’ve had the Ace 350, AT Pro and AT Gold. With the Gold being to this day my most productive and favorite detector. I’ve had other detectors as well but this is what I have been using in the lay 6 or 7 years. I’m excited to give the Equinox a try. I will post finds on here and if I do come across some questions I’ll hit you guys up.

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a lot of info here. I bought my 800 a while back and love it so far. I rarely use my AT Pro now. You will really enjoy the Nox 600 as you learn all of its capability. Good luck.

AllenJ

Mar 7, 2018
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Minelab GPX5000 & GM1000, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I’ve had the Ace 350, AT Pro and AT Gold. With the Gold being to this day my most productive and favorite detector.

The AT Gold was my first detector and while I a lot of people put it down, I like you enjoyed it.

Congrats on your purchase, I'm sure you're going to enjoy it. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your finds!

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Gold worked great for me and separated in the trashy farm fields great. It loves old copper. I found dozens of IH cents and some large and half cents with it.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
you will love the 600. I too had the AT GOLD and it found some awesome stuff and is a great machine in its place but I do like the 600 a lot better. never thought that I would ever be able to afford a Minelab but I have one now. I mainly use the stock coil but have the 6 inch coil for the trashy areas. I like the tones better on the Nox versus the Deus but I use them both. Good luck

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your purchase! I think you will like it! The EQX is a terrific machine.

Steve

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Kodiak, Congrat's to you on the order of the new Nox 600 and best of luck to you with it. We will be looking for some posts of your many finds in the near future.

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got the Nox today. Put it together and now itching to get out in the farm fields. I played with it in my test garden and it’s fast on separation like the deus. I know this will help in the trashy sites. It hit everything in my garden so it’s plenty deep enough. The multi frequency is what made me buy this machine. Thanks everyone

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread