OP
Retired Sarge

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck, Brother. In the past three weeks I’ve had an electric cardioversion and a pharmaceutical conversion because the electric failed. Stay motivated

Thank you and Wow you've been busy haven't you! Plus thank you for your service brother!

My procedure is to control my AFib and get me off of Amiodarone. Amiodarone is known to cause Pulmonary Fibrosis, so with me having been on the medication for 7 years now, my chances of developing it increase.

Last edited:
Upvote 3
OP
OP
Retired Sarge

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Had to look that one up. My very best wishes that all goes according to plan, and that you're up and about again very soon.

They're telling me it's a 3 hour procedure, but it can go as long as 8 hours in a worse case scenario.

There are two methods they use, I'm getting the Cryoablation method.

Radiofrequency ablation uses heat energy to eliminate the problem area.

or

Cryoablation uses very cold temperatures.

Upvote 4
OP
OP
Retired Sarge

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
They got a late start on my Ablation, I believe it started around 1400, versus the scheduled 0830.

Right now, I'm trying to chill in my room, I just stood up for the first time since the procedure. So that's a good thing, hopefully I'll be able to fall asleep easy tonight, instead of my normal hospital pattern of no sleep.

Baring any issues I'll be released in the AM tomorrow

Upvote 8

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They got a late start on my Ablation, I believe it started around 1400, versus the scheduled 0830.

Right now, I'm trying to chill in my room, I just stood up for the first time since the procedure. So that's a good thing, hopefully I'll be able to fall asleep easy tonight, instead of my normal hospital pattern of no sleep.

Baring any issues I'll be released in the AM tomorrow
Damn glad to hear it Sarge.Damn glad.Fair winds and clear skies.Crashbandicoot.

Upvote 2
OP
OP
Retired Sarge

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been sprung from the hospital.....Yeah!

Sore is an understatement, the grandkids are happy to see the old fart, and our two dogs and our cat are happy to see me.

I swear with the dogs and the cat, you'd think I've been gone for a year, instead of an overnight stay.

Procedure itself got off to a late start, and laying on the table in the procedure room for an hour as they prep things, run IVs, do this and that is enough to send your anxiety through the roof. I got no warning that they were going to push the anesthesia, I was laying there watching all the commotion and then I'm waking up.

So home, in my own bed, resting up, hiding from the noise and commotion.

Thank yall all for the prayers and well wishes.

Upvote 12

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sarge, late to the party. I second all that was said above. Hopefully the ablation corrects the reason for having it done then in time you'll be out swinging the detector again. Gives you one more thing to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

Upvote 3
OP
OP
Retired Sarge

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Still sore today, getting around a little faster, not allow to drive for a while. So along with Armchair What Is This Solving, I've been looking over my guns (Milsurps) and getting the last of the parts to make them 100% complete (Slings, bayonets, cleaning rods, stuff like that) on order.

So I'll be needing to get more guns, so I'll have stuff to work on, and keep out from under "Mama's" feet and her projects (Finishing up hurricane repairs/remodel).

To say I'm glad I'm still on this side of the dirt is an understatement......Plan to try and keep it that way for a while. I still have too much to learn from yall to punch out now.

Upvote 5

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sarge, glad to hear the procedure went fine and that you are recovering well! All us old guys are all attempting to keep the old pump running well! My last echocardiogram about a month ago showed that mine was still pumping prime! Guess we will both be staying around for a while!

Upvote 3
OP
OP
Retired Sarge

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Sarge, glad to hear the procedure went fine and that you are recovering well! All us old guys are all attempting to keep the old pump running well! My last echocardiogram about a month ago showed that mine was still pumping prime! Guess we will both be staying around for a while!

That's great, just shows I'll be in some awesome company for a while longer.

Last edited:
Upvote 3
OP
OP
Retired Sarge

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm feeling a little better and moving around faster, still tender in the 8 (Orginally thought 7) places I had IVs and catheters inserted, itching like heck where they shaved me (From my neck to my knees).

But being on this side of the dirt, I guess I shouldn't be such a whiner, and be a big boy and suck it up! Here's to several more years of being a pain in yalls backside.

Last edited:
Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread