Otto Hillig coin treasure mystery of Liberty New York

Ramiro valdez

Aug 26, 2020
San Antonio, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Otto Hillig’s hidden treasure coin has been a mystery for quite some time. Unlike, some people, I believe in his treasure story and I’m sure that he never told anyone about the location of the coin. He wouldn’t have gone through all that trouble plus you can’t just go get the money from a safety deposit box without the public knowing or having the key. Nevertheless, let me describe what I believe to be the story behind most of the clues left behind. Otto was known to have been an aviator and he love to take pictures every where he went. He chose the blue mountain cemetery to be the line of sight towards the town of ferndale where Manion’s general store was located. When flying towards Ferndale, Otto, would look out to his left and see the twin bridge road. On the left side of the road you could spot the east mongaup roaring river and on the right side of the twin bridge road is a pond that resembles an old witch with a hat in dark black murky waters. There is two extension leading into the pond which sometimes trap debris which certain animals could use to build their home. These two extensions intersect and in the center of the crossing you will find the dirt to be very muddy or nutty. When Otto was flying in the direction of the blue mountains cemetery he could see the pond to his right. Staring at the outline of the pond he noticed that it was very closely related to his initials which would be an O with the letter H on the inside of the O towards the left. But more importantly to him was the number one which he could be easily viewed from the air inside the pond. He gave the Manion’s general store the name of home plate because it pointed towards the blue mountain cemetery as being centerfield. First base would then be the number one located in the pond. The witch’s broad head or hat points to home plate and she is dressed in black. A color that is commonly used when someone dies. Be sure to wear boots when stepping over the muddy roots in order to get to the crossing that will lead you to the right turn towards the edge of the forest where the trees change colors. Start the count towards the trees and find the coin that carries the key. Photographs inside of buildings is what he described as clues or things that had to do with the pond like fishing to include that even horses had been there. The liberty public service was probably there nearby at one time working on the road that let to Liberty. He made so many clues for one location that you can only spot from above when flying at low level that you can spot today with the use of the satellite. Take it as you please or not it’s just my belief and lm usually not far from the truth.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Otto Hillig’s hidden treasure coin has been a mystery for quite some time. Unlike, some people, I believe in his treasure story and I’m sure that he never told anyone about the location of the coin. He wouldn’t have gone through all that trouble plus you can’t just go get the money from a safety deposit box without the public knowing or having the key. Nevertheless, let me describe what I believe to be the story behind most of the clues left behind. Otto was known to have been an aviator and he love to take pictures every where he went. He chose the blue mountain cemetery to be the line of sight towards the town of ferndale where Manion’s general store was located. When flying towards Ferndale, Otto, would look out to his left and see the twin bridge road. On the left side of the road you could spot the east mongaup roaring river and on the right side of the twin bridge road is a pond that resembles an old witch with a hat in dark black murky waters. There is two extension leading into the pond which sometimes trap debris which certain animals could use to build their home. These two extensions intersect and in the center of the crossing you will find the dirt to be very muddy or nutty. When Otto was flying in the direction of the blue mountains cemetery he could see the pond to his right. Staring at the outline of the pond he noticed that it was very closely related to his initials which would be an O with the letter H on the inside of the O towards the left. But more importantly to him was the number one which he could be easily viewed from the air inside the pond. He gave the Manion’s general store the name of home plate because it pointed towards the blue mountain cemetery as being centerfield. First base would then be the number one located in the pond. The witch’s broad head or hat points to home plate and she is dressed in black. A color that is commonly used when someone dies. Be sure to wear boots when stepping over the muddy roots in order to get to the crossing that will lead you to the right turn towards the edge of the forest where the trees change colors. Start the count towards the trees and find the coin that carries the key. Photographs inside of buildings is what he described as clues or things that had to do with the pond like fishing to include that even horses had been there. The liberty public service was probably there nearby at one time working on the road that let to Liberty. He made so many clues for one location that you can only spot from above when flying at low level that you can spot today with the use of the satellite. Take it as you please or not it’s just my belief and lm usually not far from the truth.

Gidday Ramiro valdez

I have not heard this story before. Interesting character but I just do not know enough of this alleged story to have an opinion one way or another.

19-1.jpg

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday Ramiro valdez

Once again thanks for bringing attention to me this story. Otto Hillig was real and interesting fellow who had an amazing life no doubt about that.

But there are a few key points researching into the story that does not add up.

1, the source of this story is 1992 by anonymous ex employee of his some 38 years after his death in 1954.There is no record of Otto Hillig himself making such claims either the murder of Nazis or any treasure other than the claim of anonymous ex employee?

2. His will leaves nothing to his ex wife by money to 18 relatives and money as well as his castle to several free Mason chapters. No mention of any Nazi money or gold?

3. Why would Nazis would hijack 2 pilots in country field miles from any realistic target then tell them their intentions hardly makes sense. They would of been the most incompetent agents in history.

4. There are claims he reported the incident and murder to FBI. There are no record of incident. Regardless if it was covered up at the time the FBI would have records on it. Since all records of nazi saboteurs have been released under the freedom of information. There is just no record of this alleged incident. And no reason to cover up such an incident if it ever happened in the first place.

Around the 1990s the town of liberty had seen better days its main employer was a tourist resort for Jewish people closed in 1986 because cheaper flights gave people more incentive to go to Florida for holidays instead of a mountain resort in the Catskills. This the resort died and Liberty the town went into decline.

Thus in 1992 this alleged treasure story comes out by an anonymous ex employee of Otto Hillig photographic shop in liberty makes a claim of buried treasure connected to a locally famous resident? Perhaps it was all a ploy to attract tourists and would be treasure seekers and that is why the directions give so many clues of local landmarks.

So For me amigo the story just does not stand up to scrutiny.

Crow

OP
OP
R

Ramiro valdez

Aug 26, 2020
San Antonio, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shultz treasure is not too far from this location. His cipher treasure map is not getting enough attention, so I think I’m going to light a little fire on that next.

OP
OP
R

Ramiro valdez

Aug 26, 2020
San Antonio, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Young treasure hunters are on the prowl in discovering Otto Hillig’s coin treasure. His treasure contains the evidence of his heroic act which was buried by the secrecy of the government during the war. The aviator photographer who belonged to a local mason’s chapter described himself to be of high moral standards. His heroic actions while spy’s saboteurs hijack his plane was kept a secret from general public in order to capture other spies. Otto’s decision not to give up the unclaimed money from the German spy’s was based on the uncertainty as to who to trust because of such secrecy involved. In due time he learned that the money would serve a better cause if given back to the general public without it having to be a secret which would also prove his heroic act to be true. The treasure holds the evidence of truth to the story being claimed. The news of a highly possible treasure location being explore should bring excitement to the town of Liberty and those who believe Otto’s story. Some would say that they, personally, would have done something different in Otto’s shoes. But one must always study the situation and character of the person in question when trying to understand if there is any possible truth behind the story. At this point Liberty has given up on Otto and it’s understandable because many are not trained in treasure hunting. So some may need more information in understanding Otto’s treasure plan. Here is a descriptive story based on clues that might enlighten them in order to start helping the cause.

According to the clues, I managed to put together a possible story as to how Otto might of created his treasure plan. He chose a quiet place outside of the town of Liberty where he eventually buried the coin by instructions. He took several photographs of the surrounding area and immediate locations. He display the photographs in several public places as clues. The photographs contained a large area of location, a smaller general area, a river and the immediate location. The most important clue was a road that led to the East Mongaup River. The Queen and company owned a good size property in the 1800’s towards the southeast of Liberty and its backyard also pointed towards the East Mongaup River which help narrow the search. Grady rode his horse once through a trail that lead to the area. The area sometimes overflowed with water as Hortonville did once. The restaurant’s polo bar clue help tin identifying the area as a pool containing water. The Doctor’s view of logs floating in the water pertaining to two log houses that were destroyed by rain described the area to be a log pool pond which collects debris. This area is shaded in black in comparison to what William Ayers wore when the first child died in the town of Liberty. This shaded area is marked by four pins or four extension which creat a cross and one extension is questionable. In order to secure the questionable extension of the cross he mentioned that the three good extension together created the number one. He also mentioned that Mr Manion’s general store could be referred as home plate and to the right of home plate is first base which is not far from home, just a couple of beers.The cross that carries the number one identifies the location to be a small log pool located near the twin sisters which he referred as the Twin Bridge Road. The outline of the pool creates the image of a foul wrinkled witch that has no eyes and therefore cannot see. The entry to the main area of the pond is located on the northwest. This is the side where the fish don’t normally bite. The first thing you will encounter is the muddy crossing where the muddy roots can crawl on the side of your boots. You must cross the crossing in order to locate the coin. The witch’s hat point towards the coin where you will find many trees that change in color. The frogs on the east side of the pool get to see the witch with no eyes. So the problem gets a little dirty in order to get to the roots of the trees on the other side of the pool. You must get to the east side of the pond in order to continue the hunt. You must turn to the right of the forest that hides the coin until you come up on an open place surrounded by trees that protect the coin. Otto’s flight plans towards the Blue Mountain Cemetery over sees the coin. Although this story, not completely true, it does carry some weight. The weight needed to locate the coin which is the most important thing of the treasure hunt. These young treasure hunters want to document the find and discovery in a way that will bring justice to Otto Hillig’s heroic act. I am very excited to know what they will find. Don’t ever under estimate what I say because I’m good at finding treasure locations such as the Nazi Lue Map, Oliver Levasseur’s treasure, the Dutchman’s gold mine, Maximilian’s gold, the shallow rock pen treasure, plus the real treasure island located in the Pacific which I’m going to post after the Fourth of July! So for now I hope you have a happy treasure hunting experience and a happy Fourth of July!!!

Unlucky Diggs

Aug 13, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ALOT of things you guys figured out is very impressive. But it does say some clues lead to nowhere, and the few clues that you guys didnt figure out, i think i figured out. Going to try those leads Tomorrow . Will post if i do find .

Chase7628

Mar 6, 2018
CICERO NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3. Why would Nazis would hijack 2 pilots in country field miles from any realistic target then tell them their intentions hardly makes sense. They would of been the most incompetent agents in history.

At the time Remington Arms was producing a lot of weapons and one of the shipping transits to the coast went through Ferndale by rail...the large trestle bridge...this would have been a main target to take out...as it would have hampered the production and transfer of weapons for months.

Iftnycl

Dec 22, 2021
The question I have is : The witch should have something that makes her look ugly. I see the outline of a witch but nothing to say that she is ugly. I found other ponds that look Iike witches.. one looks like a witch flying on a broom. Another looks like a witch with a hat and an ugly face. Then there’s also the witch Face on the mountain.

OP
OP
R

Ramiro valdez

Aug 26, 2020
San Antonio, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The question I have is : The witch should have something that makes her look ugly. I see the outline of a witch but nothing to say that she is ugly. I found other ponds that look Iike witches.. one looks like a witch flying on a broom. Another looks like a witch with a hat and an ugly face. Then there’s also the witch Face on the mountain.

OP
OP
R

Ramiro valdez

Aug 26, 2020
San Antonio, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When your talking about a specific witch that looked ugly to someone who saw it in the 1940’s and is still ugly enough to be considered a possible clue? One needs to not question the ugliness of the witch, because she is ugly enough. But instead prove that, that witch is not the one? The fact that the pond has the image of a number one makes the witch the number one suspect. The witch will be the key to the final clues that will point to the location of the coin. The one is being used to locate the witch whether you like her or not? Just like in baseball the field has a home plate? Why bring up baseball? Because it was and is a popular American game! And the Otto decided to use the game as a clue to guide you to the witch. Since he was familiar with the field? He placed the home plate in the proper position as a secondary clue to keep you in side the infield and help you triangulate the position of the witch by standing in the pitchers mound? Which you could of found simply by driving down the road from the restaurant that he mentioned. So this is where the one comes in view because first base is located to the right of home base, figure! That out! The Twins or twin ridge road will guide you to it from home plate! If you would had arrange the clues in order, you would had figured out the place a long time ago. The remaining clues that are left pertain to the witch. Use your navigational skills and don’t blow your shot to find the place of the coin. It’s the only way to find out if someone stole the money from the bank without Otto’s permission. And if the witch you choose is not this witch then you better start looking for the rest of the clues. Nothing wrong with asking especially if you are out there in left field. Thank you for being patient and asking!

HumbleFinds1

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2024
Shultz treasure is not too far from this location. His cipher treasure map is not getting enough attention, so I think I’m going to light a little fire on that next.
I have a few good reasons to believe it’s under water. 💧 But the map seems fishy on that one.

HumbleFinds1

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2024
When your talking about a specific witch that looked ugly to someone who saw it in the 1940’s and is still ugly enough to be considered a possible clue? One needs to not question the ugliness of the witch, because she is ugly enough. But instead prove that, that witch is not the one? The fact that the pond has the image of a number one makes the witch the number one suspect. The witch will be the key to the final clues that will point to the location of the coin. The one is being used to locate the witch whether you like her or not? Just like in baseball the field has a home plate? Why bring up baseball? Because it was and is a popular American game! And the Otto decided to use the game as a clue to guide you to the witch. Since he was familiar with the field? He placed the home plate in the proper position as a secondary clue to keep you in side the infield and help you triangulate the position of the witch by standing in the pitchers mound? Which you could have found simply by driving down the road from the restaurant that he mentioned. So this is where the one comes in view because first base is located to the right of home base, figure! That out! The Twins or twin ridge road will guide you to it from home plate! If you would had arrange the clues in order, you would had figured out the place a long time ago. The remaining clues that are left pertain to the witch. Use your navigational skills and don’t blow your shot to find the place of the coin. It’s the only way to find out if someone stole the money from the bank without Otto’s permission. And if the witch you choose is not this witch then you better start looking for the rest of the clues. Nothing wrong with asking especially if you are out there in left field. Thank you for being patient and asking!
I think that you have an interesting way of seeing the clues. But I believe you are not 100% most of these clues belong to locations, for example the witch 🧙 is in three locations.

I am struggling on the clues in the bar that you need to unscramble. But I think I have it.

Last edited:

Chase7628

Mar 6, 2018
CICERO NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were you able to get the bar clues that was one of the ones I never did because I was told the place is gone now

HumbleFinds1

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2024
Were you able to get the bar clues that was one of the ones I never did because I was told the place is gone now
So I don’t. I feel like all the references seem to keep telling you that some clues are a witch hunt …lol

Look below this is the blind witch.

Attachments

• IMG_4308.jpeg
    IMG_4308.jpeg
    292.6 KB · Views: 10

Chase7628

Mar 6, 2018
CICERO NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the pond that is a little south and east, across from Rolling V Bus Corp, on the corner of 52 and twin bridges rd... Romero has posted it also before above

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread