Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The soybeans finally got harvested at the abandoned farm permissions. We did ok this weekend! Finally got a couple coins and a neat Bull Durham charm. The heart thing is a buckle cover for a horse. I learn so much stuff with this hobby! If anyone knows anything about the TP padlock, I came up empty. Or the holey thing with the X in the middle. Hope the farmer don't plant the wheat soon! Have a great week.

Attachments

• 20221023_180445.jpg
    20221023_180445.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 206
Upvote 21

miserman

Oct 25, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75LTD F-pulse and Tek-Point pinpointers Sunray Pro gold headphones
The heart buckle is nice. The flat button is probably the oldest find. (circa 1800-1850)

OP
OP
L

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The heart buckle is nice. The flat button is probably the oldest find. (circa 1800-1850)
This is only the 3rd flat button we've ever found. All from this farm. I think it goes back further than the owner has indicated.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The soybeans finally got harvested at the abandoned farm permissions. We did ok this weekend! Finally got a couple coins and a neat Bull Durham charm. The heart thing is a buckle cover for a horse. I learn so much stuff with this hobby! If anyone knows anything about the TP padlock, I came up empty. Or the holey thing with the X in the middle. Hope the farmer don't plant the wheat soon! Have a great week.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice relics and coins! Congrats!

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The round thing with holes actually looks like the insert for a sausage grinder. Grinder accepts different pieces to allow different degrees of coarse or fine grind. My job as a little kid was to clean that machine. That's my dad in the butcher area of our grocery store in Petersburg, KY. And then again it could be something else entirely.

Dad17.jpg

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the Bull Durham charm.
Detecting windows of farm land can be very short sometimes!

OP
OP
L

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The round thing with holes actually looks like the insert for a sausage grinder. Grinder accepts different pieces to allow different degrees of coarse or fine grind. My job as a little kid was to clean that machine. That's my dad in the butcher area of our grocery store in Petersburg, KY. And then again it could be something else entirely.

View attachment 2052166
It is too small and light weight. My dad was a butcher as well. Luckily, I didn't have to clean there!

OP
OP
L

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The heart buckle is nice. I have one of those as well. I would say the site dates prior to the Civil War based on the flat button.
Really hoping so! We'd love to find a large cent! Fingers crossed!!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gosh I remember rolling up Bull Durham many years back when I smoked. It was a lot cheaper than cigarettes by the pack. Even back then in those days smokes seemed like a wasteful expense. Can't believe what they cost now.

Last edited:

Swamp Fox

Sep 22, 2019
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT Minelab Equinox 600 Garrett A T Pro Garrett A T Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like a good day of swinging

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your nice rewards

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man you killed it! Congratulations

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread